1194 messages Options
1 ... 3456789 ... 60
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Golf Thread

campgottagopee
Coach Z wrote
if you play a few times a year, ride a cart and drink beer while doing it I could see the the not a sport comment

I always walk the 6+ miles, finish my rounds in under 3 hours, and grind the whole time to shoot in the 70's.  Its a sport to me.

A big part of why I'm playing so well this year is that I've made a commitment to really work with more lifting and core work which allows me at 47 to hit shots out of the rough I could not hit in my 30's.  Tiger changed the game to make it much more athletic.

Whatever Mr. Serious Golfer
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
In reply to this post by Z
Coach, I used to play a lot more, never rode in a cart, always carried my bag and played quickly, usually less than an hour and a half for 9 holes, less than 3 hrs for 18. It is somewhat of a cardio exertion at times but compared to skiing or X-country skiing not so much. Last time I had an official handicap it was 8 and fluctuated between 6-10.
   Might be playing Saranac Inn this week if all goes as planned, really like that course, lots or variety and many holes w big risk reward factors to consider.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Golf should only be played with enough beer to ensure that you don't actually remember the experience.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Noah John wrote
Golf should only be played with enough beer to ensure that you don't actually remember the experience.
AMEN!!

Last year while pulling down the drive (parallels #'s 17 & 18) for the second day of a 2 day tourney, my partner looks at me and states he didn't remember playing 17 or 18.

I looked at him and said, you didn't....you were so bombed you never even got out of the cart!!!

that's just how we roll
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
This post was updated on .
campgottagopee wrote
Noah John wrote
AMEN!!

Last year while pulling down the drive (parallels #'s 17 & 18) for the second day of a 2 day tourney, my partner looks at me and states he didn't remember playing 17 or 18.

I looked at him and said, you didn't....you were so bombed you never even got out of the cart!!!

that's just how we roll
As Jack said about Tiger - "Tiger plays a game I am not familar with".  The same could be said about the playing walking golf as a sport  vs. as vehicle for beer consumption.  One is a sport the other just an excuse to get drunk outdoors away from ones Wife.  Nothing wrong with that as long as you let me play thru!  

Just don't tell me Golf is not a sport - we are talking about two different things.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Oh stop it

Don't for one second EVEN try to tell me one can't play serious golf while drinking beer, or even getting hammered!!!

One of our crew, Racer Ron, is a legit scratch golfer. In fact, he can hold his own against Pro (pro would tell ya same thing).....in this area people know him as one of the best golfers around. He drinks while he plays, drinks mucho too!!! He'll show up in a joe bowler t-shirt, pair of crocks and shoot 66...hammered!!! Not talking "open" golf either, tourney golf.

Oh, and uhm, a single running around worrying about his score doesn't take precedence  over a 4some....just saying  
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
Camp and Couch should partner up in each other’s member guest tournament. That would be a hoot.

Or they could each put a crew together and meet at a neutral course for a best ball tournament. The ADK Craft Beer Connoisseurs vs. the Cortland Slammers.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
Camp and Couch should partner up in each other’s member guest tournament. That would be a hoot.

Or they could each put a crew together and meet at a neutral course for a best ball tournament. The ADK Craft Beer Connoisseurs vs. the Cortland Slammers.

I"M IN!!!!

talk about a riot

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Campy

Want to be my partner for the Ubu Open run by LPPB?  They serve Moose on course which I think you said you like.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Coach Z wrote
Campy

Want to be my partner for the Ubu Open run by LPPB?  They serve Moose on course which I think you said you like.

Gee, who is Felix and who is Oscar?  I wonder.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
Campy

I love that beer!!!! yum,yum,yum

Thanks for the invite, but there's no way I could make it up there for a tourney.....this time of year is tough on me for road trips. Stooopid job.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Lately there has been some controversy about fans yelling at tournaments..
I never understood why the sport is played in a funeral like atmosphere , even the announcers whisper..

But it's ok to scream and yell obscenities at baseball player , who is trying to hit a rock being thrown at him at 100mph..
That little white ball ain't moving nor will it kill you..
just saying at the professional level the games a bit stuffy..

baba booey  to ya all
"Peace and Love"
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Drunk idiots screaming mash potatoes does not make any sporting event better
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Coach Z wrote
I beg to differ.  Drunk idiots make everything better.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Noah John wrote
Coach Z wrote
I beg to differ.  Drunk idiots make everything better.

WORD!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
hit the links for the first time this year. 82.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
tjf1967 wrote
hit the links for the first time this year. 82.

SHOOTER!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
a few weeks ago i swerved the cart to avoid hitting a wodchuck and almost spilled my beer!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
gorgonzola wrote
a few weeks ago i swerved the cart to avoid hitting a wodchuck and almost spilled my beer!

WHAT!!!!! run that effer over...geez
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Harvey44 wrote

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!

Just like Noah said---drunken idiots make everything better

1 ... 3456789 ... 60