1 ... 4567
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Raising and decline of Jay Peak

Glade Runner
Banned User
snoloco wrote
Sounds like they're in need of a cabrio lift to get people from the parking lot to the lodge.
Sounds like some people need to man up and walk to the lodge Instead of being lazy sissies.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Glade Runner wrote
snoloco wrote
Sounds like they're in need of a cabrio lift to get people from the parking lot to the lodge.
Sounds like some people need to man up and walk to the lodge Instead of being lazy sissies.
Real big of you to pick on a child....  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote

I see what you did there!   Sarcasm!  I like it!
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Glade Runner wrote
snoloco wrote
Real big of you to pick on a child....  
According to him, he is a young adult.  Besides if they installed cabrio cars, people would start pissing in them, drawing dicks on the windows and they might even find a fresh dump in a cabrio on occasion.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by gebbyfish
gebbyfish wrote
snoloco wrote

I see what you did there!   Sarcasm!  I like it!
It is not sarcasm.  Cabrio lifts are typically used when there's a long walk from the parking lot to the lodge to reduce walking distance or replace an overcrowded shuttle bus.  It allows for day skiers to park in satellite lots and take a short lift ride in which allows more room for base development.  I think it is the perfect setup for many areas because base development=more money, but pissing off day visitors with long parking lot walks or an overcrowded shuttle means less money.  A cabrio lift gives the best access to the slopes from the parking lot with even less walking than many ski areas with no base development.  Needless to say, more ski areas should install them to give more room for base development without turning away day skiers.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
You got one in your house

Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
It is not sarcasm.  Cabrio lifts are typically used when there's a long walk from the parking lot to the lodge to reduce walking distance or replace an overcrowded shuttle bus.  It allows for day skiers to park in satellite lots and take a short lift ride in which allows more room for base development.  I think it is the perfect setup for many areas because base development=more money, but pissing off day visitors with long parking lot walks or an overcrowded shuttle means less money.  A cabrio lift gives the best access to the slopes from the parking lot with even less walking than many ski areas with no base development.  Needless to say, more ski areas should install them to give more room for base development without turning away day skiers.
Sno... if you are really laying it on here, you got me good.

If you are not and you are honestly and really suggesting that Stateside at Jay needs a Cabrio to get people up 30' of stairs from the parking lot to the base of the Bonnie...

...umm...

...I just don't know what to possibly say to that. I thought you had been to Jay once, right? Maybe you are not accurately visualizing the Stateside parking area, lodge, and base area. It is an absurd thought for Jay.

Regardless, no ski area is going to install a multi-million dollar lift just to move skiers around the base area. The only reason one exists in the east is because Stowe needed it to connect their absurd development at Spruce to the main mountain. Stowe didn't build the Over Easy for skiers and day trippers in the parking lots ... they installed it for millionaires buying condos and parking BMWs in underground heated garages (not that there is anything wrong with that).
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
The Canyons has a cabrio lift, but they built it for the purpose I said earlier, to move skiers from the parking lot to the base area.  They built it and moved day parking to satellite lots about a 1/2 mile away so they had room to build the base village.

Stowe didn't build the Over Easy lift just for the millionaires buying condos.  They built it because the only way between spruce and Mansfield was a shuttle bus before they had it.  It couldn't be easier to go between the mountains with the gondola.  You never have to wait for it to come.  Just get in and you're there in 2 minutes.  On the bus, you'd have to wait, then bring your skis in a cramped bus and then get off.  My dad sometimes has back issues, so doing that would be terrible for him.  With the gondola, it wasn't ideal for him, but way better than if we had to take the bus.

If Jay Peak wants a full base village, they should install a cabrio lift so they can move parking further away and have more room to build it.  

If I was running a ski resort company like ASC, or Intrawest, I would install cabrio lifts at all of my resorts so I carry out base development and give convenient slope access for everyone.  If you're a millionaire are buying a condo, you are right there and have slopeside access.  If you're just there for the day, park in the lot and hop on the cabrio lift which would take you right to the lodge quickly and easily.  It would probably be less walking in ski boots than most ski areas, even those with no base development.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
snoloco wrote
If I was running a ski resort company like ASC, or Intrawest, I would install cabrio lifts at all of my resorts so I carry out base development and give convenient slope access for everyone.
With your no-expenditure-is-too-big mentality, you are perfectly suited to be a Member of Congress.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Spongeworthy wrote
snoloco wrote
If I was running a ski resort company like ASC, or Intrawest, I would install cabrio lifts at all of my resorts so I carry out base development and give convenient slope access for everyone.
With your no-expenditure-is-too-big mentality, you are perfectly suited to be a Member of Congress.
Screw the government.  This guy is corporate material.  He can head up the office of homogenization.  
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
If Vail owned Jay there would be an covered escalator up those 4 flights of stairs.  Probably 20 grand but would be well worth it.  I'm sure 90%+ of skiers at Jay curse those stairs every time they go up or down them.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Jay Peak and Burke taken over by SEC for creating a Ponzi Scheme.  Z's disaster of a weekend was a sign of things to come.

http://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/viewstory.php?storyid=422
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
I'm sure 90%+ of skiers at Jay curse those stairs every time they go up or down them.
Quite surprisingly, to myself most of all, I've kinda gotten used to the Stateside Lodge stairs and they don't bother me much. The bigger issue for me is dealing with the usability of the various levels when you are coming back into the lodge or going back out onto the slope. Kinda like Stowe's Mansfield Lodge... not big deal hiking up to the lift. But kinda a pain in the ass going down to the second level for lunch and then having to hike back up to the lift after the break. But the initial walk up the stairs ain't as bad as I thought it would be.
1 ... 4567