classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
106 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Things That Get On Your Nerves

Sick Bird Rider
ScottyJack wrote
disagree.  snowblades do not provide the stability that skis or boards do.
QFT.

And in response to PA, I have yet to see a snowlerblader that rides in a responsible fashion. Maybe I need to get out more. The one that caused me to tear the ACL did so indirectly. He didn't cut me off or anything, I was skiing over to check on him because I saw him wipe out, and since he was laying there motionless and looked dead, or at least like a spinal case, I thought it might be the responsible thing to check on him. Turned out he was drunk but I didn't find that out until I was sitting in lodge with an icepack on my knee, watching him pour back a few more beers. Please allow me my bitterness in this case.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Oh don't get me started on blades.  So wrong on so many levels and now just share the goodness they are going to invading both Gore and Bellarye as well.  Have fun down there!

Let's see what else.....

14 year old ski bloggers

And ski resort readers rankings
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
You're allowed that, SBR. Please take two beers out of petty cash or have TD twist a fatty.

Snowbladers appear to be constantly on the edge of out of control, their feet shuffling all over the place.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Snowballs wrote
You're allowed that, SBR. Please take two beers out of petty cash or have TD twist a fatty.

Snowbladers appear to be constantly on the edge of out of control, their feet shuffling all over the place.
Why, thank you Snowballs. All out of beer and twisty but I believe I just may have another glass of vino.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
I have way more stability on snowblades than many low level skiers do on full length ski's. I've got really good balance. Obviously I have more stability on ski's. I don't have a pair anymore, but they can be fun to mess around on perfectly groomed slopes. Sort of like rollerblading down a mountain. The key to snowblade safety is to make sure you get a pair WITH releasable bindings and don't go too fast.  The pair I had made by snowjam with a woodcore and normal releasable bindings, which was quite fun to dick around with. Without releasables the leg fracture rate is through the roof. They're called "leg breakers" and lots of shops stopped carrying them and ski areas stopped renting them years ago because of that. All that being said, I just prefer a normal length ski obviously. Much more stability, good in powder(snowblades no matter how wide are useless). Just all around better. But the notion that people who have these are a danger on the mountain is the same crap that used to be said about snowboarders.

I'll give the guy who got his acl torn up a break here. I understand why he's bitter. lol
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote

And in response to PA, I have yet to see a snowlerblader that rides in a responsible fashion.
How old are they? Young male teens doing tricks? They'd be just as dangerous no matter what they were riding.
I hardly ever see snowbladers anymore anyway. Once in a while. Probably 1% of riders
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
ScottyJack wrote
The key to snowblade safety is to make sure you get a pair WITH releasable bindings and don't go too fast. . . . They're called "leg breakers" and lots of shops stopped carrying them and ski areas stopped renting them years ago because of that.
Thanks for pointing that out. Spiral fractures are common with the non-releasable bindings
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
Living in the state with the most restrictive uphill policies on the planet: http://www.ussma.org/resort-uphill-policies (only one ski are even has a policy!)
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
Let's see what else.....

14 year old ski bloggers
I'm actually 15, and relatively close to turning 16.  Read my profile and get my age right.  If there were an issue with people my age on ski forums, then Harvey would have an age restriction.  He doesn't so there is nothing wrong with it.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
WAIT, PowderAssassin is a snowlerblader?
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Grillman
Grillman wrote
1.  ropes blocking the glades...with ski patrols tracks leading inside
I heard patrol can tell whether an entire trail has good enough coverage to open by looking at it from the top.
Reply | Threaded
|

64ER
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
WAIT, PowderAssassin is a snowlerblader?
Q: What's the hardest part of learning to snowblade?

A: Telling your parents you're gay.

Just sayin'.

Ski you on the hill.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
At the age of 15.75 PA is a freakin legend.  Whether you're real or not doesn't matter...  #unforgettable

The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by 64ER
DUDE.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by ml242
My bubble was burst too.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by tBatt
tBatt wrote
Grillman wrote
1.  ropes blocking the glades...with ski patrols tracks leading inside
I heard patrol can tell whether an entire trail has good enough coverage to open by looking at it from the top.
they actually ask our opinion on whether joe public should be allowed
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Snowballs wrote
You're allowed that, SBR. Please take two beers out of petty cash or have TD twist a fatty
People who assume that because I'm from Canuckistan that I'm a pothead... I'll have you know Snowballs that I haven't been involved with that sort of ah, hang on, what was I talking about????
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Puppets.    Puppets really get on my nerves. So much so really so much so.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Telemark Dave wrote
 People who assume that because I'm from Canuckistan that I'm a pothead... I'll have you know Snowballs that I haven't been involved with that sort of ah, hang on, what was I talking about????
He he h....wait,,,, WHAT ? There's a Canuckistan ? They got good stuff there ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Snowballs wrote
Telemark Dave wrote
He he h....wait,,,, WHAT ? There's a Canuckistan ? They got good stuff there ?
Here we are so blessed that white powder falls from the sky...anytime now... Well, soon... Ok, maybe in a few weeks..
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.