classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
102 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Timberline WV Oct 2012: Matt and Pat's Roadtrip

Noah John
Sick Bird Rider wrote
MadPat and MattChuck are making history.
  Alright that's enough!
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Someone's cranky....
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Just finished up 2 great long runs.

Skied some trees. Snow was good.

Not face shot good, but really nice buttery cream.

Saw ml.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
  Alright that's enough!
Ha. Well, maybe not big history, like say, a hurricane. But in the world of ski-obsessed people who blather on the Internet they are definitely getting some special first tracks.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
  Alright that's enough!
Ha!
Reply | Threaded
|

Raymo40
Pants wrote
Noah John wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
  Alright that's enough!
Ha!
Man oh man so wish I could go....I now officially hate my job
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
watch our for banjo playing state troopers down there
Apparently some of the boyz at dcski took exception to this comment coach.  Better stay north of the mazon dixzon where we can keep ya safe!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Totally amazed you guys would drive down there....must be something wrong with me cause I'd never do it
I'm totally amazed you leave Virgil to go to Whiteface.

Kudos guys, it's not every day you get to ski a hurricane! Glad to hear the snow is decent, could have been cement. What a way to kick off the season. Glad you extended your streak Pat, Happy Halloween!

P.S. Your streak ends 12/21/12...so I hear. Maybe Frankenstorm is a preview of comming attractions.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Ask MadPat if it was worth the drive if not for the streak. Would he do it again if he had skied K earlier in October? I'm looking at 13ish hours each way, trying to justify it. :) Think the snow will stay good? Obviously it ain't powder so I'm not concerned about that, more concerned with weather, temp, and snow condition staying good Sun & Mon. Any one else thinking about it?
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
I don't want to take anything away from this thread but the excitement is building over on TGR. The normally sleepy "mid-Atlantic roll thread" has come alive. tBatt is doing a awesome job relaying the play by play stoke both here and there. After much discussion about the possibility of snow, the vicarious Matt and Pat reporting starts here:
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/179267-Mid-Atlantic-Rollcall?p=3792564#post3792564

It has started to get more entertaining as other maggots make the trek to WV. If you are thinking of going, here is some food for thought:

phishstx wrote
Also someone bring the guy at the lodge some cigarettes. That was his first question to us when we pulled in at 7 am.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Cornhead
Cornhead wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Totally amazed you guys would drive down there....must be something wrong with me cause I'd never do it
I'm totally amazed you leave Virgil to go to Whiteface.

i know---doesn't make sense to me either
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
I don't want to take anything away from this thread but the excitement is building over on TGR. The normally sleepy "mid-Atlantic roll thread" has come alive. tBatt is doing a awesome job relaying the play by play stoke both here and there. After much discussion about the possibility of snow, the vicarious Matt and Pat reporting starts here:
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/179267-Mid-Atlantic-Rollcall?p=3792564#post3792564

It has started to get more entertaining as other maggots make the trek to WV. If you are thinking of going, here is some food for thought:

phishstx wrote
Also someone bring the guy at the lodge some cigarettes. That was his first question to us when we pulled in at 7 am.
Now that Moegul is able to chime in, and M&P are probably headed home tomorrow, and other guys will be down with Smartphones, electricity, gasoline, and cigarettes, I'll let them fill in the actual happenings. It's more entertaining, anyways.

Between MC2, ML242, T_C, and MadPat, I'm sure there are going to be gratuitous numbers of photos popping up within the next three days or so.

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
^ Fair enough but don't sell yourself short. Between monitoring texts, sketchy phone service, FB and getting the play by up here, you clearly have great career potential as a snowsports action reporter. You might have to single-handedly create that career path but whatever. Not to mention the efforts of Harv, hunkered down in Sandy-damaged NJ, workin' behind the scenes magic like the Wizard of Oz with a smartphone.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Sick Bird Rider wrote
OMG, let's be honest.  They are making tracks not history.  Great effort. But the people rebuilding the Atlantic coast and helping their neighbors one murky bucket of seawater at a time are making history.  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
ScottyJack wrote
OMG, let's be honest.  They are making tracks not history.  Great effort. But the people rebuilding the Atlantic coast and helping their neighbors one murky bucket of seawater at a time are making history.
+1
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Sick Bird Rider wrote
^ Fair enough but don't sell yourself short. Between monitoring texts, sketchy phone service, FB and getting the play by up here, you clearly have great career potential as a snowsports action reporter. You might have to single-handedly create that career path but whatever. Not to mention the efforts of Harv, hunkered down in Sandy-damaged NJ, workin' behind the scenes magic like the Wizard of Oz with a smartphone.

Wow.  That's a bizarre post right there.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by riverc0il
riverc0il wrote
Ask MadPat if it was worth the drive if not for the streak. Would he do it again if he had skied K earlier in October? I'm looking at 13ish hours each way, trying to justify it. :) Think the snow will stay good? Obviously it ain't powder so I'm not concerned about that, more concerned with weather, temp, and snow condition staying good Sun & Mon. Any one else thinking about it?
MadPat said it's the best skiing he's done in 16 months. And it was definitely worth it.

It's staying cold down here (6 degrees celsius in the hotel room when we woke up this morning) and the snow doesn't seem like it's going anywhere.  Patrick thinks that some resort may open up this weekend.

I'd definitely recommend making the drive. If you can hook up with someone else (according to tBatt half of TGR is on it's way down) then it's even better.

We're headed to Whitegrass for a run with ml and moeghoul from TGR and then Patrick and I are heading back. Should be back in the Albany area tonight.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
ScottyJack wrote
+1
Thanks for helping me figure this out. You guys need to lighten up. In case you hadn't noticed this is a forum that discusses sliding on snow.

Kudos to those who bring me a little joy each day reading about things I can't always do.

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
you're wlc.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!