classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1175 messages Options
1 ... 15161718192021 ... 59
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Today's Ride

Telemark Dave
...meanwhile, up in the Hinterlands, I got out on my first off-road ride of the season.  Rake, ride, rake some more.... And sweat.   80+ F here today.  Niiiice... (I love heat.)

Here's a selfie with my bike leaning on a tree and a rake leaning on my bike.  Just because....
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Nice pic Matt, I am scratching my brain trying to figure out where that is. It kinda looks like Rexford as I know there are crew teams that row there but the bridge doesn't look quite right.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
mattchuck2 wrote
Nice pic Matt, I am scratching my brain trying to figure out where that is. It kinda looks like Rexford as I know there are crew teams that row there but the bridge doesn't look quite right.
I was wondering about that too.  I don't recognize that dock system.  My guess is a bit west of Rexford somewhere on the Mohawk.<quote author="PeeTex">
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Betcha it's looking west from near or at the Mohawk Valley Country Club.  Google Maps guesstimate on my part.  I love maps.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Telemark Dave wrote
I love maps.

One of my favorite FreeBee sites: http://www.hillmap.com

Great for trip planning... But Not sure they make a Hinterlands version.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Telemark Dave wrote
Here's a selfie with my bike leaning on a tree and a rake leaning on my bike.  Just because....
We get it. Hinterlandians like their bikes with a lot of rake. Some just have odd ways of achieving it. That particular method was no doubt thought up by that Sick Bike Rake fellow.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Telemark Dave wrote
Betcha it's looking west from near or at the Mohawk Valley Country Club.  Google Maps guesstimate on my part.  I love maps.
There is a marina there on the east side of the bridge as I recall, but there are also very high cliffs and the bridge is a trestle type and I can't see a superstructure in the pic so that is what has me confused. I will bike down from Newcomb to Schenectady to see a friend and I cross the Rexford Bridge on the way. The cliffs there are amazing and the remains of the old aqueduct are very interesting. I have seen bald eagles nesting in those cliffs.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Snowballs wrote
Telemark Dave wrote
We get it. Hinterlandians like their bikes with a lot of rake. Some just have odd ways of achieving it. That particular method was no doubt thought up by that Sick Bike Rake fellow.
.  Funny guy you are... And yes I like lots of rake...or should I say, slack (head angles).
Hence my 67 degree or so  head angle  Stanton Slackline.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by nepa
nepa wrote
Telemark Dave wrote
I love maps.

One of my favorite FreeBee sites: http://www.hillmap.com

Great for trip planning... But Not sure they make a Hinterlands version.
Niiiiice!  Thanks for the link Nepa - seems to work just Jim-dandy for Canuckistan too.  It's now in my favourites.
CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

CMR
For Mother's Day my son and I took Poindexter for a nice ride down the Jones Beach bike path and Ocean Parkway extension.  We were going to do some single track in Stillwell Woods here on Long Island, but we decided that it was too nice a day to be in the shade.  The path offers about 17 easy cruising miles of well maintained road.  

The bike path

Jones Beach

Jones Beach

Not a bad morning at all.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Riding Slickrock yesterday

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
nepa wrote
Riding Slickrock yesterday

Nice!  Such a beautiful place, so much fun to ride as well.  How long are you out there?
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Chris wrote
Nice!  Such a beautiful place, so much fun to ride as well.  How long are you out there?
Arrived on Sunday.  Spending the day at Arches today, and then headed home tomorrow.  It's a truly awe inspiring landscape.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris

SMBA last Thursday, bikes not even leaning on anything..I'm sure some people on here will be offended
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Pica!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by Chris
Chris wrote
SMBA last Thursday, bikes not even leaning on anything..I'm sure some people on here will be offended
Sweeeet,   Bike on crack.    

Looks like the start of a new trend.  

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
A short detour off my out-the-back-door trails leads to Wilton Wildlife Preserve lands that are ablaze with wild blue lupine at this time of year.  These are from last night's ride:

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Adk Jeff wrote
It's a new paradigm, laying bikes on the ground. It's the next big thing I tell ya. :)
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
K-P singletrack, green trail yesterday:

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Neve had a Christmas gift certificate from Toys R Us burning a hole in her pocket.  Not a fan of the place, the smell of plastic gives me a headache.

But you can buy a fat bike for $29.  I didn't buy it, but I rode it around the store until we were kicked out.  Zelda and Neve were mortified.

The Mongoose Stomp

You can also get a full suspension bike for $129.  I almost bought it for MC.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
1 ... 15161718192021 ... 59