classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1175 messages Options
1 ... 13141516171819 ... 59
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Today's Ride

Telemark Dave
Yet another mundane pic of my bike leaning against a rock. So utterly without uniqueness that Nabble turned it sideways.

"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
6.5 Miles of single track in the backyard??-- sweet!!

Backstretch is such a great ride, doesn't feel like you're in Saratoga any more, Toto.

We've been up to Gurney about 6-8 times.  Being in Wilton if I have to choose to drive 20 minutes to ride Luther or Gurney... It's always going to be Gurney.  We rode on Sunday after all that rain and there wasn't 1 muddy spot.  Cannot wait to see the final product next year.

SBR- Next ride I'll find a real nice tree for ya.

Marc, That ladder bridge is great. where is it?

The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Chris wrote
6.5 Miles of single track in the backyard??-- sweet!!
Yeah, it's on several hundred acres of adjacent County forest land, and DEC land.  The 6.5 miles started out being about 50-50 singletrack / doubletrack, but the 2.5 miles of new singletrack I put in this season make it 90-10 singletrack.  The trailhead is right at the end of my block, so it makes it pretty easy to get a quick ride in.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Took a leaf blower to the Gurney trails today, and followed that up with taking a broken tree branch into the bicep. Fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
tBatt wrote
Took a leaf blower to the Gurney trails today, and followed that up with taking a broken tree branch into the bicep. Fun.
Well, come on, you should have at least leaned your bike against that tree and taken a picture of it!
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Yesterday's ride included this epic view of Wilmington!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Ted,

Just hearing about your accident here. Are you ok?

ScottyJack, nice pics of the daks... they look like they're just waiting for winter now!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by tBatt
tBatt wrote
The key word here is "into."  I originally read it as "to."  

Hopefully the drive will be healing.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Yeah, nice pix Scotty.  Where were those taken from?

I took advantage of the mild temps last night and got out for about an hour and a half with my leaf blower. Finished up my whole trail network (my riding bud had done the rest of it on Monday).  The backyard trails are in outstanding shape now.  Anybody local (Saratoga) wants a tour, pm me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
It really is "the most wonderful time of the year" when you can ski one day and ride the next.  Skied at Gore on Saturday, then got a ride in on my backyard trails Sunday afternoon.  The sun came out for a couple hours and the trails were that perfect combination of tacky & damp but still firm.  Hope to still get in a few more rides before putting the bike away till spring.

Edit - Forgot to include a stationary bike pic.  My bad.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
It is a great time of year, I'm riding my bike today- it's so freakin nice out
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
Yeah, nice pix Scotty.  Where were those taken from?
New trail cut just past the right turn before the toll road  - road that heads down to Franklin Falls.  Trail head is about 1/8 mile before Cooperklin Trail Head.  Right now it's just a hiking trail but it will become multi use after the WWF amendment.  About a mile in w/ little climbing to an awesome view.  Its in and out but we're lobbying to make a loop.  Amazing view from there!

Could be beginner ride if you drive to the trail head or an awesome 1500 foot climb from the bike shop in town up PMD!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
ScottyJack wrote
New trail cut just past the right turn before the toll road  - road that heads down to Franklin Falls.  Trail head is about 1/8 mile before Cooperklin Trail Head.  Right now it's just a hiking trail but it will become multi use after the WWF amendment.  About a mile in w/ little climbing to an awesome view.  Its in and out but we're lobbying to make a loop.  Amazing view from there!
Oh yeah, I've heard about that trail, called something like Cobble Hill I think?...
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris

Inspired by AdkJeff's late season post.  SMBA yesternoon, pretty soggy.  Getting my bikes lean on (#SBR)- Up on Ridgeline looking down over SwampAss

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Nice pic, looks like a great spot.

What's the total elevation change at SMBA?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
This post was updated on .
Harvey wrote
Nice pic, looks like a great spot.

What's the total elevation change at SMBA?
That's a questions matthewchuck2 may be able to answer.  I wouldn't say more than 75' just a lot of small up and downs
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Harvey
Yeah, according to Google Earth, the entrance is about 360' and there are parts as high as 560'. So, yeah, not much total elevation change or grand vistas, but a lot of short little ups and downs that make it interesting.
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
just finished a great MB ride in pinebush in albany. it was like an early november ride. i was a little rusty and had one good fall but otherwise enjoyed the single track. they are going to start cutting jan 5th so the pinebush will be closed to biking until spring. hopefully, winter will return and i will be skiing instead of MB.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
I'm ready.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Chris wrote
I'm ready.
Me too.   Slight problem though... Effin snow's still 2 ft deep.
Nothing wrong with some backroad riding however... This winters been so cold and brutal on the roads that they're just like off road riding....
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
1 ... 13141516171819 ... 59