1175 messages Options
1 ... 12131415161718 ... 59
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Today's Ride: Cafe culture.

Telemark Dave
Here's another view.  

"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Today's Ride

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .

MC

on the yellow trail
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Nice autumn colors....MC's shirt, his bike, and the leaves.

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Beautiful golden morning magic ride with the trail gnomes

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Like!

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Worked until 1 today, then hit my self upside my head.. Then did the right thing.
Went for a ride.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Pre Thanks-Gluttany ride today on Buffalo Soldier.  Here's the view from the top of Smashed-in-Head Buffalo Jump.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
You guys seem to have some great riding!  Nice shot
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
This is such a great thread. Every now and then you should should read it from the beginning.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Just commuted back from the Upper West Side to Queens.

Beautiful evening on the avenues, no cabs or crazy people out on a sunday night trying to gun me down, just the ever present wind trying to take my ears off like just another leaf. The march up the Queensboro was slow to the point that I thought that my brakes must have been rubbing. But more likely, it was me, unprepared for a winter hill climb.

I know that first turns tracks were enjoyed up north and I am grateful to hear of them. The spirit of their shaky turns was present in the wobble of my front wheel as I pushed the single speeds natural limit on the eastbound ramp. Cold and dark, the lingering smell of summer camp fires carried with me on my leather work gloves reminded me of this summer past.

Still, I'd better set a reminder to unbury some ski clothes. Summer sports are ending quickly.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
ml242 wrote
Just commuted back from the Upper West Side to Queens.

Beautiful evening on the avenues, no cabs or crazy people out on a sunday night trying to gun me down, just the ever present wind trying to take my ears off like just another leaf. The march up the Queensboro was slow to the point that I thought that my brakes must have been rubbing. But more likely, it was me, unprepared for a winter hill climb.

I know that first turns tracks were enjoyed up north and I am grateful to hear of them. The spirit of their shaky turns was present in the wobble of my front wheel as I pushed the single speeds natural limit on the eastbound ramp. Cold and dark, the lingering smell of summer camp fires carried with me on my leather work gloves reminded me of this summer past.

Still, I'd better set a reminder to unbury some ski clothes. Summer sports are ending quickly.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris

there's still plenty of good riding left before the snow comes.  Night riding is getting ticky in Saratoga, time to blow the leaves.  Lost the trail a few times
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
I've been getting out generally twice a week all season, but it's getting harder with the shorter daylight hours.  Lately, I haven't been riding as hard as I'd like because I've been spending time finishing up about 2.5 miles of new singletrack that I put in this season.  So lately most of my rides are mostly trail building/maint.
But I got in 2 decent daylight rides over the weekend.  Had to work on Saturday, but I played hookey long enough for a 60-min ride on the Schen Central Park trails at lunchtime.  Sunday morning I got in a nice 1:45 ride at SMBA, out Backstretch and a few others.  Backstretch has some magical sections that are just a perfect combo of tech and flow, always been a favorite of mine.
Been getting some night rides in too, but most of them have been solo... kinda spooky but fun.
Gonna try and rake/blow my backyard trails Friday afternoon, 6.5 miles worth.  That should set me up for riding past my first ski day of the season, my goal every year.
Incidentally, Chris and anyone else in the LG/GF area, if you haven't checked out the Gurney Lane trails, they are really nice.  Rode there for the first time a few weeks ago with the wife.

And now, just for Noah John, a still-life of my bike on one of the Backstretch bridges Sunday morning:

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Chris
Chris wrote
... Lost the trail a few times
Dude, you obviously need a brighter light. There is a perfectly good tree you could have leaned your bike on.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
screw mr grumpy pants, luv me some pics of skis and bikes lenaing on shit in cool places! keep 'em coming!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski

We built and installed this raised ladder section the last 2 weekends.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
luv me some pics of skis and bikes lenaing on shit in cool places! keep 'em coming!!!
Same here.  Alert me when someone finally posts one on this forum.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
And now, just for Noah John, a still-life of my bike on one of the Backstretch bridges Sunday morning:

Way to get after it man!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
gorgonzola wrote
luv me some pics of skis and bikes lenaing on shit in cool places! keep 'em coming!!!
Same here.  Alert me when someone finally posts one on this forum.
har har, another crappy pic from a few weekends ago on the D&L trail on the way home from a tasty ride to the Weyerbacher Brewery   even hit a few sweet jumps, brah!

1 ... 12131415161718 ... 59