JasonWx
This post was updated on .
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vail and Stowe?

Harvey
Administrator
I can't believe it took this long for somebody to post this. These rumors are everywhere I didn't post it because I don't really know what to think of it very curious to hear what others will say.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
If they bought Snowbird that would make one hell of a pass.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Doesn't surprise me that Stowe would be Vail's first eastern ski area if it was purchased.  It's already upgraded to Vail standards and doesn't really need more.  If this goes through, they will switch from the Mountain Collective to the Epic Pass.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
No not snowbird!!!!!!
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
No not Snowbird as the CEO from Powdr Corp personally bought a majority stake in the Bird and after getting screwed over by Vail in Park City I doubt he is going to do a deal with Vail

This Stowe thing makes a ton of sense for Vail.  Hopefully the MTN stock I own goes up.  Part of the Eason I bought it was that eventually they were bound to break into the East and the crap will really hit the fan for pass sales the year after that happens.  They also won't Stop at Stowe.  Okemo would be another natural target as it's not corp owned already and has the right market demo for Vail.  Windham would also be a good fit.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
Wouldn't you like to see a Vail, Whistler, Stowe, Snowbird season pass for $800? That's one I'd buy in a nanosecond.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
No not Snowbird as the CEO from Powdr Corp personally bought a majority stake in the Bird and after getting screwed over by Vail in Park City I doubt he is going to do a deal with Vail
He didn't get screwed by Vail. He screwed himself by not renewing his penny lease on time. What a Dope.
Reply | Threaded
|

evantful
In reply to this post by Z
Hopefully between this and the Peak Pass, ORDA will offer a slightly wider selection of Ski3 pass offerings. It would be great to see a Midweek or Non-Holiday Ski3.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
I'd like to see a 30-somethings pass.  Coincidentally I just turned 30 this summer.
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Sounds like Vail fired a bunch of Stowe employees this weekend. From what I saw, some had been there a long time.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Harv, did you hear that on TGR?

VT-F mentioned it on ECRC.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
At the same time, from what I can tell, the Vail Local pass, I.e., the cheaper one, now gets you unlimited skiing at Stowe.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by tBatt
That is where I saw it, seemed like a reliable source. No mention of it elsewhere, that I have seen.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Does the Ikon Pass seem like more of a threat to the Epic Pass for the northeast market than the MAX Pass was for 2017-18?  

For 2018-19 Epic includes Stowe, plus Vail resorts out west like Park City and W-B.  Ikon has Tremblant, Stratton, and a few days at Killington, Sugarbush, Loon, Sunday River, Sugarloaf, plus some big name resorts out west such as Mammoth, Squaw/Alpine, as well as days at MCP locations like Alta, Snowbird, JH, Aspen/Snowmass, and Big Sky.

Folks in the midwest who are local to the three little ski areas Vail bought may be quite happy with a ski vacation at a big Vail resort.  Not so sure about folks who live within driving distance of VT/NH/ME who want to do a trip or two out west.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Vail and Stowe

Harvey
Administrator
Stowe has now been fully Vailed, at least on the web:

https://www.stowe.com/

Looks like the cams are gone too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Looking ore clean cheap lodging close to Stowe, if you know of some. Maybe a little further south since I'll have a few Bush tickets, too.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
LOL cheap lodging near Stowe..

Maybe Chateau de Subaru or Chateau de Toyota
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
Looking ore clean cheap lodging close to Stowe, if you know of some. Maybe a little further south since I'll have a few Bush tickets, too.
I stayed with Lyndall and her husband using AirBnB a few years ago.  It's the most unusual small home you can possibility imagine.  Very rustic but with modern stuff like a heated floor.  Highly recommend taking a look.  She's a native of Stowe.  He runs the Stowe Nordic Center.  Only tricky part for me was getting up the hill in a minivan with no snow tires.  Needed quite a running start.  Really close to Stowe, meaning north of town.  Can walk down the hill to the Matterhorn.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/578250

"Meticulously restored 200 year old farmhouse with the look and feel of a true old New England home surrounded by gardens. Our main rental room is upstairs with its own 1/2 bath, but we do rent this single room on the first floor with an excellent single bed with a memory foam topper. Room is tucked away next to the living room and shared bath . High speed wireless internet throughout the house as well as very good cell service. The walk in shower and claw foot tub are in the bathroom adjacent to your room The house is situated on 13 acres very close to the Stowe Mtn. Resort ski area - we actually are adjoining landowners and our property borders on 1,000's of acres of state land with waterfalls,mountain bike, hiking and XC skiing trails out the back door. We have a simple lifestyle with cats, chickens, and extensive gardens - both vegetable and flower - your hostess is a master gardener with the state of Vermont. "
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
I’ve stayed at the olde stagecoach inn in Waterbury many times.  Price is reasonable and the breakfast is superb

If you have Marriott points there is a Fairfield Innthat is good in Waterbury as well that I stayed at for Regionals for my son last spring.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time