JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Vail and Stowe

Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Re: Vail and Stowe?

I can't believe it took this long for somebody to post this. These rumors are everywhere I didn't post it because I don't really know what to think of it very curious to hear what others will say.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

If they bought Snowbird that would make one hell of a pass.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
snoloco snoloco
Reply |

Doesn't surprise me that Stowe would be Vail's first eastern ski area if it was purchased.  It's already upgraded to Vail standards and doesn't really need more.  If this goes through, they will switch from the Mountain Collective to the Epic Pass.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
ADmiKe ADmiKe
Reply |

No not snowbird!!!!!!
Z Z
Reply |

No not Snowbird as the CEO from Powdr Corp personally bought a majority stake in the Bird and after getting screwed over by Vail in Park City I doubt he is going to do a deal with Vail

This Stowe thing makes a ton of sense for Vail.  Hopefully the MTN stock I own goes up.  Part of the Eason I bought it was that eventually they were bound to break into the East and the crap will really hit the fan for pass sales the year after that happens.  They also won't Stop at Stowe.  Okemo would be another natural target as it's not corp owned already and has the right market demo for Vail.  Windham would also be a good fit.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

In reply to this post by ADmiKe
Wouldn't you like to see a Vail, Whistler, Stowe, Snowbird season pass for $800? That's one I'd buy in a nanosecond.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
x10003q x10003q
Reply |

In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
No not Snowbird as the CEO from Powdr Corp personally bought a majority stake in the Bird and after getting screwed over by Vail in Park City I doubt he is going to do a deal with Vail
He didn't get screwed by Vail. He screwed himself by not renewing his penny lease on time. What a Dope.
evantful evantful
Reply |

In reply to this post by Z
Hopefully between this and the Peak Pass, ORDA will offer a slightly wider selection of Ski3 pass offerings. It would be great to see a Midweek or Non-Holiday Ski3.
ADmiKe ADmiKe
Reply |

I'd like to see a 30-somethings pass.  Coincidentally I just turned 30 this summer.
1234 ... 6