What Pass are you Buying '19-'20 Season?

105 messages Options
123456 ... 11
TheGreatAbyss TheGreatAbyss
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: What Pass are you Buying '19-'20 Season?

Brooklyn
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

I think I suggested this in another thread but what I would really like to see would be for 2-5 more medium and small hills added to the Freedom Pass and a stand alone version of it offered for maybe $500. Like maybe add Catamount/Berkshire East, Suicide Six, West, McCauley... MRG or Burke if possible... or similar outfits and just give you 5 visits each for the stand alone version. I would definitely be into that.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

I wonder if there's a way that we could help make that happen
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

DomB DomB
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
We will likely get ORDA passes next year, and ski predominately at Belle.  For the handful of days that get bad (MLK, Pres day Sunday and Monday), we may either skip skiing or go to Platty.  

I strongly considered Plattekill but opted for Belle primarily due to the pricing on kids season long Saturday and Sunday program ($325/9 weekends).   Also Belle has an adult season clinic (2hrs per day) and Platty does not.  

We did not get passes this past year because my kids were less enthusiastic about skiing this year but now want to ski more next year.  

I really enjoyed Plattekill the few times I skiied it this season, but it is important for me to get buy in from my family, and some don't enjoy the relatively narrow green trails on the two peeks.  
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Great post Dom.

I get your point about PowPuff and Overlook.  It does seem to get kids on to the blues faster tho :)

Post it up if you go, be fun to hi.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by tjf1967
I think I read that article, or a similar one, before. The increased window prices are certainly a big problem as well. And big resort companies taking advantage of thier employees is nothing new either. I made pizza at a place run by Aramark at one point in my twenties and lived in employee housing. I don’t remember all the details exactly but I remember feeling very ripped off by the experience. It was definitely a “company store” situation. Probably why I only lasted about six weeks in that job.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by TheGreatAbyss
TheGreatAbyss wrote
Brooklyn
Plattekill is a close and great mtn.

Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Harvey wrote
TheGreatAbyss wrote
Brooklyn
Plattekill is a close and great mtn.

This is true but Catamount is the closest “decent” mountain and camelback is the closest “acceptable “. I would set Camelback aside but if there are kids/beginners/lessons involved, Cat might be the way to go.

Everybody always forgets about Catamount
TomCat TomCat
Reply |

For those debating holiday/non holiday for Gore, I can say that for Presidents week, it was not crowded at all after Monday. During the holiday week, it was less than a typical weekend. The trailing weekend was like a normal weekend. Of course for Presidents week, the whole mountain is typically open spreading everyone out.

tom
123456 ... 11