What Pass are you Buying '19-'20 Season?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
105 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What Pass are you Buying '19-'20 Season?

marznc
onscott wrote
Already bought my IKON pass - Killington/Stratton/Sugarbush pays for it and one trip out west is basically free.
Ikon Base or Full Ikon?  Is there much reason for someone in the northeast to go for Full Ikon, which includes 7 days at partner locations and unlimited at a few Alterra resorts out west.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Base here.  Agree with OnS that with those three in VT and one trip west it’s paid for.    Not mentioning hopefully a trip to Maine too.   Driving so much easier then flying.  
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Hard for me to commit to where I’m skiing next yes I just an Orda pass and parents disc tickets at races are usually around 60-65 a day
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
I’ll get an Ikon base pass +an ORDA over 70 pass. My son in Denver gets the Ikon and I’m hoping for a trip to Utah as well.  Maybe I’ll even get a spring trip to Copper on next years Ikon. I usually get 8 to 15 days out west and I like Ikon better than most of the Epic areas. I’ll get a few days at sugarbush and Killington as well.
My ORDA pass is cheap now and all my friends are there. I miss the Max pass.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Boomer pass at Sugarbush. Basically free skiing.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
If the Mount van Hoevenberg season pass was also valid at theGore nordic center, that would be most awesome.
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
I just bought the Black Card at Magic for next year (no holidays).  Since I only went there for two holiday days this year and only used the Freedom Pass for one day, there's no reason to go Unlimited next year.  I'm sure I can use the $200 in savings skiing elsewhere during the crazy days (Oak, McCauley, Burke, ect).  
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
I went with the Full Ikon with the $30 renewal discount.  Wanted to make up my mind before the April 24 deadline.  Price goes up $100 and I think the renewal discount may go away too.

Going to combine Full Ikon with an Alta Mid-Week Pass.  7 days on Ikon for Alta/Bird will cover weekends for three trips to Alta: December with my daughter after college exams are done (freshman year), mid-season, and my annual late season stay at Alta Lodge meeting up with old friends.  Mid-season the idea is to ski at Deer Valley, Solitude, and perhaps a day at Brighton in addition to Alta.  Also planning a week at Taos.

No need for the MCP given my plans to ski Alta and other places near SLC more than usual.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Gore oh and Whiteface and Belle too but I haven't skied Belle since I discovered Plattekill and they mothballed Highmount.  Bobcat was cool too but I ski Gore for convenience and diversity and 3 hour lift rides
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Full Ikon. Unlimited Stratton and a few days at Pico/Killington plus hoping to visit Jackson Hole next season - also considering a 4 pack at Magic. I bought one last year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
We’ve purchased the same as always—Killington and Greek Peak passes. We haven’t totaled our days yet this year, but likely didn’t bode so well with our Greek Peak passes, as we spent very little time there this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73
I was up in the air about getting another Greek pass this upcoming season, but with the Freedom Pass addition, I decided to pull the trigger.  I’m actually looking forward to piecing together some road trips more than I am skiing my home mountain
Ski the snow on the ground, not the date on the calendar. - Glenn Plake
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Not too likely to be of interest, but there will be a new multi-resort pass for Europe starting next week.  The Snowpass will cover 100 resorts in 8 countries, 10 days max each, for about $1000.  The introductory price for the first 50,000 is 395 euros.  Supposedly, 40,000 people have already signed up.  The office for Snowpass is in Portugal.  It's taken 3 years to set things up according to a recent post from the founder on Snowheads.

https://snowpass.com/en/

FIS is a "digital partner" of Snowpass.  

https://www.fis-ski.com/international-ski-federation/news-multimedia/news/snowpass-card-the-first-european-wide-season-ski-pass
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
marznc wrote
 there will be a new multi-resort pass for Europe starting next week.
There's been a thread on Alpinforum since early March speculating about Snowpass. Many of the comments are similar in tone to one on the Snowheads forum:

Sounds legit. Can't wait to send all my money and personal details to a badly designed website with bad security, bad English, opaque ownership structures, cryptic forum quotes, uncertain resort listings and ambiguous product quality. Where do I wire the monies.

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Jamesdeluxe wrote
marznc wrote
 there will be a new multi-resort pass for Europe starting next week.
There's been a thread on Alpinforum since early March speculating about Snowpass. Many of the comments are similar in tone to one on the Snowheads forum:

Sounds legit. Can't wait to send all my money and personal details to a badly designed website with bad security, bad English, opaque ownership structures, cryptic forum quotes, uncertain resort listings and ambiguous product quality. Where do I wire the monies.
I can't wait until the Nigerians start offering multi-resort passes...
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by Jamesdeluxe
Lift tkts are cheap in Europe, why would they need such a product?
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
JasonWx wrote
Lift tkts are cheap in Europe, why would they need such a product?
In addition to cheap (to us) daily lift tickets, each region has its own multi-resort pass. For example, where I was in Austria during my early February visit has two products: the Joker Pass with 30 smaller (to them) ski areas and four thermal springs, and the far larger Ski Amade, which covers five sprawling regions.

I suppose that a Europe-wide product like Snowpass (assuming it's legit) would be of interest to a certain demographic. We'll find out soon if it's going to launch or not; however, as PeeTex points out, these people are doing everything imaginable to make this look like a Nigerian scam.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I wouldn’t imagine that the hash tag van life is much of a thing in Europe.

Is it?
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
raisingarizona wrote

Is it?
I'm not so sure.  Have you ever seen some mountain stages in the Tour de France? Tons of campers and vans sprawled out on the sides of mountain tops.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Marcski wrote
raisingarizona wrote

Is it?
I'm not so sure.  Have you ever seen some mountain stages in the Tour de France? Tons of campers and vans sprawled out on the sides of mountain tops.
Yeah, it’s a big thing. They have access to all kinds of small van campers and micro sized class c RVs that you can’t buy in the US. I was in Ireland for work in 2009 and they were everywhere. Not sure that they were full timing though
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller