What Pass are you Buying '19-'20 Season?

98 messages Options
1234 ... 10
Hoser Hoser
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

What Pass are you Buying '19-'20 Season?

After approx. 20 years as ORDA passholders, forced to ski primarily weekends, and have the non-holiday pass this season, have come to a decision point on renewing at $599 or going with a base Ikon at $649.  Not both due to skiing less than 20 days per season recently, and loving the diversity of snowshoeing, snowmobiling, and intrigued on backcountry or tele.

Challenges:  live 75 minutes from Gore, and 2.5 hours to WF, so day trips super easy.  Closest Ikon would be VT, K at 3 hours.  Crowds,  lift lines, we are spoiled at ORDA locations.

Pros: ability to have enough days in the East while at least one or two trips out west.  Also not skiing the conditions experienced at Gore last few years.  It just has not been good "generally" on weekends.  Less holiday blackouts than the ORDA non holiday pass.  

I would miss Gore, but these days (post kids) searching for quality, not quantity.  Will return to ORDA when retired in a few years and able to pick and choose days, not just weekends.  Ready for a change.

What are you doing?  
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Re: What Pass are you Buying '19-'20 Season?

Sticking with ORDA and Freedom.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Hoser Hoser
Reply |

Freedom.....I reading as a season pass at one of the 19 participating mts must be purchased also?   Of which ORDA is not a member.  
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Basically I have a Gore pass and a Plattekill pass.  They come with other mountains: the two that I actually ski are Whiteface and Magic.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by Hoser
Hoser wrote
Freedom.....I reading as a season pass at one of the 19 participating mts must be purchased also?   Of which ORDA is not a member.
Correct
Freedom Pass= season pass + 3 Days each at the other hills. How close are you to Plattekill or Magic?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Basically I have a Gore pass and a Plattekill pass.  They come with other mountains: the two that I actually ski are Whiteface and Magic.
Don’t forget Belle
billyymc billyymc
Reply |

I've been thinking about this myself and am not sure what I intend to do. Been skiing Greek Peak with a season pass for 25 years (with two years at Song/Lab). Debating whether I want to get a pass there next year for $475, or get a multi-mountain product and ski fewer days locally and more in Vermont and out west.

This past season Song and Lab also had an offer which  I think started in January where you could buy a season pass for this season and get next season as well - price was around $550 for an individual adult for that I think. So if that came up again I'd probably jump on that but wouldn't know until late this year or early next year -- too late to pick up a cheap Greek pass if I didn't get the Song/Lab deal.

If I went multi mountain I'd ski locally on cheap weeknights, any coupon or online deals I could find, etc. And the Lab Tuesday night Nastar league is a good deal too - this year it was $70 for 5 or 6 days of skiing - you could free ski both before and after your race runs. Plus a decent banquet at the end of the season.

Hoser Hoser
Reply |

Exactly!  Hit VT and the West, while finding "Deals" for Oak, Woods, Snow Ridge, etc when not looking to drive. Just need to shake it up a bit.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

How much is a Snow Ridge season pass? Maybe get a season pass at one of the smaller local mountains if it’s cheap enough and get a Champlain Valley Ski Card for variety. No Western resorts but a day each at Gore & WF plus some NVT and Quebec.
Saratogahalfday Saratogahalfday
Reply |

In reply to this post by Hoser
Good question, I'm thinking another Magic pass, but not an unlimited.  Possibly the non-holiday pass, and hit fellow little guys over some holidays (Oak, McCauly, ect).  The max pass affected me more then I thought, I definitely need some variety in my season.  
1234 ... 10