What Pass are you Buying '19-'20 Season?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
105 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What Pass are you Buying '19-'20 Season?

TheGreatAbyss
Harvey wrote
Plattekill is a close and great mtn.
So I've heard on this forum.  I want to check it out someday but it's hard to justify buying day passes when I already have an Orda and Ikon pass  - Hence my wish for a 3rd multi mountain pass add-on like the Max Pass was.  

If you got Orda + Freedom Pass + Peak Pass + a few off the beaten path Western mountains (something like Schweitzer or Mt Hood) I think you'd have a winner.  You could call it "Independence Pass"
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
TheGreatAbyss wrote
Harvey wrote
So I've heard on this forum.  I want to check it out someday but it's hard to justify buying day passes when I already have an Orda and Ikon pass  - Hence my wish for a 3rd multi mountain pass add-on like the Max Pass was.  

If you got Orda + Freedom Pass + Peak Pass + a few off the beaten path Western mountains (something like Schweitzer or Mt Hood) I think you'd have a winner.  You could call it "Independence Pass"
I’d buy that for sure. Freedom already has the west covered though.
http://freedompass.ski
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by marznc
marznc wrote
?? Stratton was 5 days for Ikon Base for 2018-19 and unlimited for Full Ikon.  Looks the same to me for 2019-20.  There are holiday black out dates for Ikon Base.

Only reason I stopped by Stratton on the way to Boston last week was because I have Ikon Base.  I know a few people who live in VT who have been skiing Stratton because they got Ikon for a trip out west.  But they only ski midweek in any case.  These days that means Mon-Thu because Fridays have become much more crowded in recent years.
Your friends who live in VT are hyper spoiled. I have 3 non-holiday Fridays at Stratton and the place has been empty - ski right on to all lifts and nobody on the trails and the trails are not skied off for most of the day.
Reply | Threaded
|

TheGreatAbyss
In reply to this post by Brownski

I’d buy that for sure. Freedom already has the west covered though.
http://freedompass.ski

While they certainly look like nice local down-home places, they are just too small to justify the hassle and expense of a trip out west.  You need something at least mid sized to compete.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
https://www.mychamplainvalley.com/ski-and-ride-card

This looks good too.....thinks its under $200 for the full season  (not the $80 posted now which is spring 19 only)
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by TheGreatAbyss
TheGreatAbyss wrote
Harvey wrote
Keep your eyes open for deals on Friday at Plattekill. At times they will offer $25 for the first 50.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Mi Skier
For the guy in Michigan I will be getting the $99 weekend season pass for Caberfae Peaks and probably the White Gold card which gets me one ticket at 33 different ski areas in Michgan for $269. This past season I used just over $500 in lift tickets
Reply | Threaded
|

Bandit
In reply to this post by Hoser
My wife and I will get the ORDA full pass as usual and we’re going to add Ikon base pass this year. We’re going to Mammoth for spring break next month as well as a day at Squaw so with the price of 5 days out there it makes sense to get the Ikon base pass. Over $1400 is more than I’ve ever spent on tickets in a season but we will use them. Maybe a second trip to Mammoth this summer, definitely get out there again next year as well as use it at Killington and Sugarbush (at least) in the east.

Belle will be the home base as usual since it’s 45 mins from home and we’ll likely do 3 weekends at WF and a couple days at Gore.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
In reply to this post by Mi Skier
33 areas in Michigan?  Wonder the NYS count currently,  probably a solid #2 but wow!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Hoser wrote
33 areas in Michigan?  Wonder the NYS count currently,  probably a solid #2 but wow!
1. NY
2. MI
3. WI
https://www.statista.com/statistics/206519/number-of-ski-areas-operating-in-the-us-per-state/
New York’s number is even higher then I expected- maybe includes Nordic areas?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Hoser wrote
https://www.mychamplainvalley.com/ski-and-ride-card

This looks good too.....thinks its under $200 for the full season  (not the $80 posted now which is spring 19 only)
Yeah. It's like $150 in the fall.

If I don't take a western trip next year (saving money for a bathroom redo), my out-of-the-box idea is to buy 4 of these for my wife and I, getting us 2 ski days at each place listed for around $600 total between us.

Then I'd fill in with Platty days. And maybe the Killington Spring Pass if I feel like I didn't get enough skiing in.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
There's something funny about the name Yawgoo Valley.  I'd get a t-shirt saying "Ski the 'Goo!"
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
D.B. Cooper wrote
Brownski wrote
There's something funny about the name Yawgoo Valley.  I'd get a t-shirt saying "Ski the 'Goo!"
Now I want to go- just to browse the T-shirt selection. Looks like this weekend is my last chance this year.
I just saw this on another forum, called the Indie Pass,. No good for the east but maybe an add on for a couple trips out west
http://www.indyskipass.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Done - purchased two Ikon base passes for myself and spouse.  Home mt becomes....Big K for a year?  Will see what its like for one year w/o ORDA passes.   Am sure we will be back to ORDA due to location, but hey why not try it for a season.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Hoser wrote
Done - purchased two Ikon base passes for myself and spouse.  Home mt becomes....Big K for a year?  Will see what its like for one year w/o ORDA passes.   Am sure we will be back to ORDA due to location, but hey why not try it for a season.
Can’t go wrong with Killington
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Going for the Mt van Ho season pass again.  In VT, there's a program where you buy a season pass at one cross-town try center, and others will honor it.  I think Craftsbury, Prospect and Trapps are involved.  Don't remember everyone who's participating.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
PM how many days a year do you get, how many at Van Ho?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Harvey wrote
PM how many days a year do you get, how many at Van Ho?
Harv, this is a low year, I'll be lucky to get 17 days total.  Doesn't help that there was zero skiable snow at home this year.  Usually I'm close to 25.  The Hand of Doom hit day 100 on Sunday, I am so jealous.

I can just about make the cost of a van Ho pass work, it's less expensive than Prospect or Trapp Family Lodge.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
This year I got a Greek Peak Pass and an Ikon Base Pass and I bought an Empire Card to use during the holiday black-out periods. Total investment $1200

By the end of the season my days using the Ikon Pass will be the average of $36 (18 days into $650) as I expect to use up all 5 Killington and Sugarbush days. We used 5 at Steamboat and 8 at Winter Park. Worthwhile.

My Greek Peak pass was more per day as I skied 10 days there...$45 per day. Next year's pass is $475.

So far I've used the Empire Card 4 days. The card cost me $99, first day free, second and third day $66 and fourth day $40. Avg ticket cost $67.75 and I may not be done with it yet. If I can get in my 6th day I can bring it down to $52 per day.

I'll probably do the same for next year.
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
Already bought my IKON pass - Killington/Stratton/Sugarbush pays for it and one trip out west is basically free.