285 messages Options
12345 ... 15
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What's next?

Brownski
campgottagopee wrote
Can you imagine if booze wasn't essential? Holy crap what a shit show we'd have on our hands.
Seriously.
I’d gladly trade my “Christmas in March” to get the rest of you back to work though or even just to get my on-premise co-workers whole again.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Can you imagine if booze wasn't essential? Holy crap what a shit show we'd have on our hands.
Is it everywhere?  My brother and his fam in PA told us they ‘couldn’t go to the liquor store’.  Don’t know if that was by choice, or if they are closed.

We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
The liquor stores in PA are state owned. I know they closed them initially but I thought they had reconsidered and opened them up. Maybe not
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
Brownski wrote
The liquor stores in PA are state owned. I know they closed them initially but I thought they had reconsidered and opened them up. Maybe not

PA reopended for online orders only. No retail stores. Beer distributors are open and some grocery stores sell beer and wine.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
I heard the online store site keeps crashing. I don't drink alot (of liquor anyway  ) and have enough bourbon and scotch for awhile, but wifey is down to two fingers and a couple airplane bottles of Tito's so I guess I'll find out soon enough. Local PA craft distilleries are still open as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
How close are you to a border? You might be better off just popping into NY or NJ
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I’d like to know how other modern, Democrat countries are dealing with the economic woes.

This might be a good time to ask ourselves what is working in this country and what is not.

If climate is actually our biggest threat right now we should probably rethink our values, economy, consumption etc. I mean, this cleaner air, quieter skies and streets is actually really beautiful imo. I say this with no disrespect to those that are sick but it has been my observation.

Maybe it’s time to simplify things. Reconsider our health care, free people from crushing student debts etc.

I don’t know, I’m no economic wizard but what seems most apparent to me right now is how much this pandemic is uncovering all of the things wrong in America.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
That’s one expensive suit! :D
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
I have also been dreaming about changes for the better.  The improvement in air quality is awesome.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
i read some towns in India are now able to see the Himalaya for the first time in many a moon
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Harvey
Seriously. Before everyone was talking about climate change which, let’s be honest was a result of economy. Now everyone wants the economy back!

Time to rethink our values here.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
raisingarizona wrote
, this cleaner air, quieter skies and streets is actually really beautiful imo. I say this with no disrespect to those that are sick but it has been my observation.

Maybe it’s time to simplify things. Reconsider our health care, free people from crushing student debts etc.

I don’t know, I’m no economic wizard but what seems most apparent to me right now is how much this pandemic is uncovering all of the things wrong in America.
Agree with all of this.

IMO, we need Free healthcare, Free Education (Kindergarten to Bachelor's Degree or Trade School), Higher minimum wages, and competent leadership. And at least one more Stimulus check.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
raisingarizona wrote
Seriously. Before everyone was talking about climate change which, let’s be honest was a result of economy. Now everyone wants the economy back!

Time to rethink our values here.
Have you considered how much suffering you’re prescribing? We could be on the verge of a Great Depression here. That will have an enormous human toll. It sounds like you’re saying “here’s our chance to use this huge tragedy so that we can make people we disagree with act the way we thought they should act anyway.” Is that what you mean?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Brownski wrote
Have you considered how much suffering you’re prescribing? We could be on the verge of a Great Depression here. That will have an enormous human toll. It sounds like you’re saying “here’s our chance to use this huge tragedy so that we can make people we disagree with act the way we thought they should act anyway.” Is that what you mean?
Brownski, do you think the economic suffering is a greater concern than the pandemic (and associated deaths?)
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589

Agree with all of this.

IMO, we need Free healthcare, Free Education (Kindergarten to Bachelor's Degree or Trade School), Higher minimum wages, and competent leadership. And at least one more Stimulus check.

Not for nothing, this won't be free.  We'll need taxes to cover it.  I'm totally fine with that.  In addition to being fine with clawing back recent tax cuts to the .1%.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Brownski wrote
Brownski, do you think the economic suffering is a greater concern than the pandemic (and associated deaths?)
Not in the short term obviously but I think it’s possible long term. I don’t think it’s an either/or thing but poverty is a big killer too.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote
raisingarizona wrote
, this cleaner air, quieter skies and streets is actually really beautiful imo. I say this with no disrespect to those that are sick but it has been my observation.

Agree with all of this.

Nothing is ever free.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
You said it Camp... I imagined the same thing.  Last month, I bought enough weed to smoke-up a small army.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
A month in....and I’m gonna cut back on the bad habits, stop treating random weekdays the way I’d normally treat a Fri/Sat night.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
both sides wrote
“here’s our chance to use this huge tragedy so that we can make people we disagree with act the way we thought they should act anyway.”
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
12345 ... 15