classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
285 messages Options
1 ... 101112131415
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What's next?

tjf1967
I look around and A lot of people are acting like this thing is over.  Going to be a lot of sick people coming down the pike.  Hopefully they have better treatments the next go around.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
When I first saw that pic I thought it was a meme/joke. Then I saw it again in my newsfeed. What a couple of tools.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I don't get it. What is happening?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
This house is in St Louis. The guy is a personal injury lawyer. There was a BLM protest walking by his house, so he and the wife went out to awkwardly hold their weaponry in an attempt to ????? intimidate?

They need to be sent to a responsible gun ownership course put on by camp’s beloved sportsman organization.  Probably the same organization that convinced them they need these weapons in the firsts place.

Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
When do gyms reopen? Phase 11?
The very last place on earth I'd want to be unless wrapped in three layers of PPE.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by witch hobble
Our club recently just re-opened. Letting the shooting begin!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
I don't get it. What is happening?
It looks like a guy is aiming his weapon at a woman, and she is aiming at the photographer recording it. Is she trying to help him get away with her own murder? Is it a murder-suicide pact? If that’s it, why shoot the photographer?  I guess you need to be a good guy with a gun to understand what’s going on there.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Those are wicked scary looking too. Thank God Elmer can no  longer carry his wabbitt gun, that was scary as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
These guys are bigger cartoon caricatures than Elmer Fudd. Is that like a Hello Kitty purse pistol she is waiving around?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I saw the video on the presidents twitter. It looks like they are concern about their home maybe trying to protect it from protesters who are walking by? The protestors looked peaceful in the 20 seconds you see.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
It looks like they are a couple of rich assholes scared to death that “those people” are in their neighborhood and so they ran out to wave their guns around like jaggoffs.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Jaggoffs is a fun word. I agree with your assessment.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
These people look like the kids, with no gun safety training, that came to my son's birthday party way back when he was in middle school.  They found my son's air soft pellet guns.  One kid had am air soft pistol pointed at my face.  He had a very quick lesson in gun safety from me, and had the gun taken away.  Some people should stick to Nerf guns, but even those could be too much for some people I have met.

Too bad those two couldn't have had the guns pointed at each other.  

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Looked like he was pointing at her?
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Yeah.  I still think it would have made for a better picture if she had her arms crossed and was pointing at him.  Better that than some innocent bystander.

I wonder if they were actually loaded?  

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Oh, hooray!  Here's the article with the video that the still was taken from. Sorry I can't post only the video, but the comments are good.  

Sad.

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
So.  The BLM protesters broke through a gate into a "private" community.  That was a poor choice, for sure.

Then, Thing 1 and Thing 2 come out with guns, although it looks to me like they never intended to use them.  (In my world, when you carry a gun, you are using it for death, or target shooting.  Period.  That's what they are for. End of story.) Thing 1 was waving her pistol around like a 2 year old.  Idiot.  Thing 2 was pointing his gun at Thing 1. Idiot.

My question is, does a protest that breaks into your gated community justify waving guns around?  I can understand being annoyed that someone broke your property.  This seems to be a bit over the top.

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by wonderpony
wonderpony wrote
These people look like the kids, with no gun safety training
I'm proud to say myself and my hunting crew have taught both kids and adults how to shoot safely.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by wonderpony
wonderpony wrote
My question is, does a protest that breaks into your gated community justify waving guns around?  I can understand being annoyed that someone broke your property.  This seems to be a bit over the top.

WP
I think it is too. I think letting a group of people who just broke into your gated community feel your presence is a wise action. These folks aren't wise people.

Kinda like defying cops orders isn't a wise action.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
*Everybody* should go to hunter safety training.  Especially the old ladies who can outshoot the smartass kids, just saying...

(Annie Oakley was my heroine when I was growing up.  What can I say?)

WP
1 ... 101112131415