What's next?

267 messages Options
1 ... 24252627
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: What's next?

I think that there is a real dichotomy going on in this particular situation.  The protesters broke the law, by trespassing.
 Thing 1 & Thing 2 don't seem to be in compliance with the the law, either, and definitely seem to be lacking common sense.  Is one worse than the other, and if so, which one?

wP
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

wonderpony wrote
I think that there is a real dichotomy going on in this particular situation.  The protesters broke the law, by trespassing.
 Thing 1 & Thing 2 don't seem to be in compliance with the the law, either, and definitely seem to be lacking common sense.  Is one worse than the other, and if so, which one?

wP
I guess we'd really need to know if Mr and Mrs Thing are truly breaking the law, right?

I would also add that breaking into a gated community is a display of the lack of common sense. Shit, around here during deer season your ass might get shot for walking on to posted land that isn't even gated. That's no shit too.
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

My neighbors finally put down a ten point on my lawn while my then teenaged son was home alone, without knocking on the door to see if it was ok. They had shot the deer in the leg the night before and finally found it. Scared the absolute crap out of my son. They showed up with their SUV about the time I was coming home from work and took the deer away. My son was kinda figuring it was ours since it died on our property.

When I took hunter safety, the teachers were very clear to be respectful of property owners. I guess my neighbors  skipped that day.  They now have a reputation in our house for being rather stupid.

So, back to my original question, I guess that there was enough stupidity to go around on both sides with the protesters and Thing 1 and Thing 2.  I sure wouldn't want my pictures out and about if I were the Things. That kind of stupidity is embarrassing.

WP
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Is it against the law to point a gun at someone?

Obviously the situation is the key.  If they are breaking into your house I got to assume that's legit. Breaking into your gated community?

What are the rules on that?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

There's no duty to retreat in Missouri. It's definitely a stand your ground state. Castle doctrine = they can shoot whoever threatens the sanctity of their property or some shit. They can be charged if it's proven they brandished weapons without just cause though.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by wonderpony
There are some beautiful deer over your way. I can't believe they wouldn't have contacted you. WTH were they thinking.
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

Camp, I thought it was in poor taste, that's for sure.

More info on The Things.

WP
1 ... 24252627