What to do when child rejects skiing?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
65 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What to do when child rejects skiing?

Petronio
Update . . . MLK weekend she did not ski, I had her do a practice SAT test (which she was actually eager to do).

This past weekend she had two friends up and she skied until almost closing on Saturday.  (Although I'm not in the pic, I can tell  you she wasn't the only one smiling.)

Wanted to go out again today . . . looks like I found a solution.  Thanks again to all who weighed in.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Petronio
Petronio wrote
St. Jerry wrote
We'll if you're not ready to kick her out of the house, I would suggest some therapy to see what is wrong with her.
Yeah, all those hours in the shrink's office seem to have done wonders for you.

Petronio
I heard St. Jerry's daughter is a cocaine addicted stripper living in Patterson
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by Petronio
very cool it is working out.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
poindexter wrote
24/7
This is what I hate about high school.  They want Soviet style professionalism in everything.  If you're going to do anything, you need to be all in and commit to it all day every day.  When my dad was in school, you could be informally involved in clubs, sports, etc.  Now, you're immediately shunned from the group if you're not part of it at all times.  Want to take up a sport, you now are going to be pushed to do it year round, not just in season, which is already too much.
 I hated that too. New Jersey is intense but people in general take themselves way too seriously imho.

I remember hearing parents brag about what schools their kids were getting into or their sports achievements and it often didn't sound like it was about their kids but more about the parents ego. The conversations often sounded more like a pissing match than proud parents.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I don't live in NJ, but what you said about it being a pissing contest is totally correct.
I've lived in New York my entire life.