Whiteface has an uphill policy

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
69 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whiteface has an uphill policy

evergreen
Unfortunately I had a conversation with the head of ski patrol last year and was told "nowhere, never, and you will lose your pass."  So I guess thats their policy :(
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I didn't know that.  If that is actually Gore's policy it's interesting that it is different vs Whiteface.

Certainly not the only example, the other one I know about is the whole glade/trail mileage thing.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Harvey wrote
I didn't know that.  If that is actually Gore's policy it's interesting that it is different vs Whiteface.

Certainly not the only example, the other one I know about is the whole glade/trail mileage thing.
Wow. If that's the policy, they should be ashamed. So many unforced errors in the management of Gore in the past few years... ... ... ...
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
there were over 100 people easy each day this weekend on the toll road.  Mtns that do not see/embrace the trend that is building regarding AT are gonna be losers.  I was blown away by the numbers this weekend.  I think its a great thing too!  

I respect the role and responsibility of patrol but believe some of the little Indians get way too much control over the decision making process.  I also am a big believer in chain of command, so if the mountain manager gives an order it should be followed and not averted by some disgruntled employee.  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I respect the role and responsibility of patrol but believe some of the little Indians get way too much control over the decision making process.  I also am a big believer in chain of command, so if the mountain manager gives an order it should be followed and not averted by some disgruntled employee.
Right. Some of the Indians have way too much power in this situation. And at a certain point, they shouldn't be surprised when these hypothetical disgruntled employees leave the mountain and go to more "enlightened" areas that have actual uphill policies.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
An incident and a message from Whiteface:

http://www.adkbcski.com/a-message-from-whiteface/
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Wow, that's absolutely unbelievable that somebody would ski under the winch cable.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
ml242 wrote
Wow, that's absolutely unbelievable that somebody would ski under the winch cable.
Yeah. How dumb do you have to be?

Maybe it comes from working on a lot of construction sites, but I'm super careful around any kind of heavy machinery.
Reply | Threaded
|

adkbcski
FYI
No one skied under the cable. They were to close to a machine that was winching.