campgottagopee
Love New Orleans --- great scene there

le bon ton roulet
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Winter Weather 2018 - 2019

JasonWx
My daughter goes to school there..It's my 8 or 9th time there..I love it!! Best food on earth..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
ADmiKe wrote
I'm more concerned with this upcoming Thursday into the weekend weather...

Man up, Mike!  You really going to let super windy, 45 to 50+ degree temps, and ncp on Thurs/Fri (all the way to Tremblant) followed by a freeze on Saturday slow you down?  I’m not, I’ll be skiing........out west, hopefully, maybe.

Sure, the last couple of weekends were better than some (cough...Jason....cough) expected, but there ain’t enough lipstick in the world for the pig that is this ski weekend in the NE!
Better get them airline tix booked! It's already Tuesday!
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I booked Seattle yesterday, have today to cancel.  Lots of moving parts to put in place.  Conditions should be good if it comes off.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
I still need to do the Seattle thing one of these days.  Might have an opportunity to do something around Easter as part of a work trip to AK...I wonder if places will still be open around the 18-20th....
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JasonWx
Def the food is bangin'

I was there for Jazz Fest one year ---- blew my mind

Street performers are world class too
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
ADmiKe wrote
I still need to do the Seattle thing one of these days.  Might have an opportunity to do something around Easter as part of a work trip to AK...I wonder if places will still be open around the 18-20th....
Looks like Crystal’s closing date is April 21.  Often the will close for a bit and the reopen Green Valley for turns through Memorial Day.  Baker closing April 21.  Alpental weekends only in April.

Better than that, the guide I was out with a few weeks ago said the best time to plan a trip is in April when there is week plus of sunny days, when the backcountry will be off the hook.

I couldn’t get this weekend past a  50/50 prop, so I cancelled and will rebook if things change.  Saturday looking warmer out there than it did a couple days ago.....
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
We just broke the 300 inch mark last night. 17 in 24 and 22 for the 48 puts us at 305! Stoked. Monday turns into spring. The wind machine is on, hopefully it doesn’t completely f up the back country.

You should check out Silverton some time JTG. The San Juan’s are incredible.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
JTG4eva! wrote
ADmiKe wrote
Looks like Crystal’s closing date is April 21.  Often the will close for a bit and the reopen Green Valley for turns through Memorial Day.  Baker closing April 21.  Alpental weekends only in April.

Better than that, the guide I was out with a few weeks ago said the best time to plan a trip is in April when there is week plus of sunny days, when the backcountry will be off the hook.

I couldn’t get this weekend past a  50/50 prop, so I cancelled and will rebook if things change.  Saturday looking warmer out there than it did a couple days ago.....
Hmmm...I could easily do a stopover in Seattle on my way to AK...may have to check my FF miles...

My other thought was Mt Bachelor...Oregon is on my to-do list as well.  Believe Bachelor stays fully open into May.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
what about connecting in Vancouver an hitting up Whistler.  They are giving the place away that time of year.  You will find anything you want there.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
tjf1967 wrote
what about connecting in Vancouver an hitting up Whistler.  They are giving the place away that time of year.  You will find anything you want there.
Not a bad idea - plus everything in Canada is around 30% off right!?
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
So Jason, what do you see in your crystal ball regarding the southerly flowing picking back up mid-week next week, with a warming trend through the end of the week/weekend?

Looking to pull the trigger on some Placid lodging for that weekend, and forecast highs in the 40s would make for a great spring weekend!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Breckenridge officially extended their season to Memorial Day!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
I’m sitting in 80deg New Orleans without a computer
All I know is my buddy  landed in Denver right before they closed the airport and is skiing at copper now
Insanely good conditions
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Excuses, excuses!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JasonWx
50 and sunny

it's giving me spring fever

i'm ready for pond fishing
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This sure turned around quick:
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
The proverbial fat ladies, the spring peepers, they are singing.....
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
My meteorologist friend has been saying for last couple weeks that mid-march was when the flip would get switched to full on spring and looks like he was spot on.

Currently 60 here in Syracuse at 8 AM. Right on cue...
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
And pompous Rebecca has been saying exactly the opposite she's always so right and she's always proving it'll be interesting to see how she spends this one if it comes to pass.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
1 ... 16171819202122