new yorks best powder hill

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
67 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new yorks best powder hill

ml242
Noah, have you skied the chic chocs? I'd say they're in the 250-400 range every year I've watched but with far fewer rain events. Pretty nice place.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
ml242 wrote
Noah, have you skied the chic chocs? I'd say they're in the 250-400 range every year I've watched but with far fewer rain events. Pretty nice place.
Why not just fly out west?(unless you live in Maine)

Where's your data for that? That's quite a large range you've chose. I hear they average 99-399 inches LOL
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
Yeah, I've been up there a couple of times.  Awesome place.  But PowderAss from the Poconos is sure to tell me that it was all an illusion.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
Mentioning the chic chocs to make sure east coast cred is maintained! LOL

Anyway, jay peak snow report was absolutely HAMMERED by people for lying back in the day. Google "jay peak snow report lies" Now they're a little more honest. It used to be absolutely absurd. People were getting pissed off. I'd Like for someone to add up the amounts in the snow report and see what the annual total is! See if it matches up. Of course you can turn 6 inches into 8 pretty easily without anyone noticing. That would be a big difference over a year. People aren't bringing their rulers and with all that wind most of the time drifts build up.

Nevermind the fact that rain/sleet/freezing rain mixes in with a lot of these storms, unlike out west where it never rains :)
14-15 Season:

12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
ml242 wrote
Yeah, I've been up there a couple of times.  Awesome place.  But PowderAss from the Poconos is sure to tell me that it was all an illusion.
I thought you weren't taking it personally? You gotz to maintain that east coast cred at all costs especially by mentioning places that are a plane ride away from the major cities on the ec. It's a 2 day drive from nyc.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
What's a chic choc?
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
So for those who haven't figured it out yet, PowderAss is MikeK, a chubby little suburban superstar with a massive chip on this shoulder.  He'll have a melt down and run away - like always.

Dance for me, you stupid, spastic fat fuck.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Noah John wrote
So for those who haven't figured it out yet, PowderAss is MikeK, a chubby little suburban superstar with a massive chip on this shoulder.  He'll have a melt down and run away - like always.

Who the hell is MikeK? This gets better and better. I can assure you I'm not fat either.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
PowderAssassin wrote
Why not just fly out west?(unless you live in Maine)

Where's your data for that? That's quite a large range you've chose. I hear they average 99-399 inches LOL
Wow, you're annoying.

Squaw Valley averages 450" a year. I've been there on years with 800", and years when they've got 200".

Nothing personal, you just add up the amount of snow and divide by the number of years. It's called the average.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
What the hell happened here?
I looked at the title and thought I was going to find some beta on NY powder and it's the same old blah blah about Utah and Jay. Did Cuomo annex some new territory?
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
PowderAssassin wrote
 I can assure you I'm not fat either.
You're sort of pear shaped and lumpy.  

Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Noah John wrote

I don't know who PowderAssisin is, but I know who you are.  And there is a reason I left.

For those of you that don't know, this is the infamous Freeheelwilly from Ttips and Backcountry Talk and wherever else he trolled his ugly swill.  Obviously he's known in the flesh here so he has to be somewhat nice.

I never knew he was here - but I upset him and his little band of geriatric hooligans so I decided it would be best to leave before we had another BC talk incident.  How did that work out for you?

If you know his persona and motives at all you'd be best to leave him be and leave this forum.  The only chip I have on my shoulder is him, and of course, he thinks he knows me.  I don't claim to know him, but I know his games behind a computer screen, and I want nothing to do with it.

Give HPD a kiss for me.  Later!
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Hahahahah!  Little Mikey Powder Ass is in the house!  Chubby little dimwit.  
Reply | Threaded
|

kenneywallace
For the record newer skiier or not (3 years, cant ski bumps yet ,do the rest) I do know what powder is, its the dry fluffy stuff that falls from the sky when its 0-20ish outside, with a relatively low dew point.

Vs wet stuff, which falls above 20 and has a way higher water content, and feels somthing like what I belive skiing in peanut butter would feel like

Yes hunter makes alot of snow along with any eastern ski area is that is not hickory
Apparently with the song lab pass I can ski at snow ridge for 15$, will have to check them out, as I said powder is powder

Jay cant get that much lake effect, the wind would have to downslope the aderondacks which would dry out all the precip.... would think they would be somewhat wet, best direction would be from the south to get them snow (maybe the north aswell)
Black diamonds, the easy way down, less moving hazzards
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Just saying when I went there and it snowed I checked there totals against my eye.  I don't need a ruler or a weather channel to tell me who gets snow.  Whats your problem with Jay?
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
This post was updated on .
Noah John wrote
Hahahahah!  Little Mikey Powder Ass is in the house!  Chubby little dimwit.
Maybe Harvey could change this s/n to 'Chubby Little Bag of Douche'?

I can see you still have the same crazy paranoia going on like the old days.  Remember when I was climbhoser?  I promise you I'm not that other guy.  I know nothing about West coast skiing.  Never been there.  For realz.

I really am sorry about HPD - but you know I'm an opinionated asshole.  And I've read some of what you've written on here, it's too bad because despite the mild bullying you kind of have some good points once in a while.  Most of was just stupid remarks though.  I guess that's expected.

And maybe tell your geezer friends to stop saying 'WORD'.  Now that's embarrassing.

Hey, maybe I'll see you at Oktoberfest.  I was there last year.  Probably saw you and your geezer group at the picnic tables drinking Becks and talking about how awesome you used to be.  Good luck with that.

Remember, when you're dead, I'll still be skiing.  I'm really done now.

Oh and I'll see if I can send some of your friends over to play.  I'm sure Ron and Gramps have a great interest in XCD in NY.  God knows he'll post some pictures.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
"Remember, when your dead, I'll still be skiing. "

You should have ended it there. Good one.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by MikeK
If that was your pic below your name you are kinda lumpy.   If you can't get along with HDP you have a real problem.  

Is if Friday?  
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Says the 84k per year employee who does not ski.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by MikeK
MikeK wrote
And maybe tell your geezer friends to stop saying 'WORD'.  Now that's embarrassing.

Hey, maybe I'll see you at Oktoberfest.  I was there last year.  Probably saw you and your geezer group at the picnic tables drinking Becks and talking about how awesome you used to be.  Good luck with that.

Remember, when you're dead, I'll still be skiing.  I'm really done now.
Why do you hate old people so much? Don't you hope to live long enough to be one yourself? BTW...IMO you should continue to post here. I come here for entertainment not the information. Even though you and I don't get along this forum is more interesting with you in it. WORD

There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen