2013/2014 Season Pass

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
82 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2013/2014 Season Pass

gorgonzola
hey ORDA and the FDIC should should work a deal and add greek tix to the mix - me and the cny gang would go for dat!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
gorgonzola wrote
hey ORDA and the FDIC should should work a deal and add greek tix to the mix - me and the cny gang would go for dat!
You're a friggin genius!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
we got enough red necks up here!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Goreskimom
Believe it or not there is a sign for Wface on the NJ Turnpike, new this year.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
A few weeks ago I taught a private for one of the owners of a firm that does the billboards for Orda.  She told me that Orda has something around 15 billboards this year mostly down in NYC / NJ / PA.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
I live in North NJ. I would not pay much more than $20 to add Belle to my Gore pass. When I day trip I usually go to Plattekill on weekends and holidays and Hunter mid-week.

ORDA has not marketed itself at all in the NY/NJ metro area. It is an easier drive to Gore vs southern VT and the terrain is way better. The Whiteface centric ORDA board wants no part of the potential monster Gore can become. They have too many rooms to fill in Lake Placid.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
whiteface is not the only venue putting people in rooms up here.  so that point is pretty much baseless
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
A few weeks ago I taught a private for one of the owners of a firm that does the billboards for Orda.  She told me that Orda has something around 15 billboards this year mostly down in NYC / NJ / PA.
how you like them apples Benny Boy!  Boom.com on your loud mouth!!!

Hey coach was she a good tipper?  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Coach Z wrote

Well, really, in the end - Billboards? How, you know, 20th century. Like mid 20th century.
funny like a clown
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Her lesson was a comp and sadly she did not tip.  
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Coach Z wrote
 lesson was a comp and sadly she did not tip.
That ain't right.

Always specifically request your instructor and have a Jackson ready for the handoff.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Coach Z wrote
ScottyJack wrote
Her lesson was a comp and sadly she did not tip.  
typical down state loser
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
whiteface is not the only venue putting people in rooms up here.
Right, if WF didn't exist, those 200,000  WF winter visitors would still show up for the other venues. I don't think so.

ScottyJack wrote
 so that point is pretty much baseless
 Try and answer this simple question. Why there are zero advertisements for Gore in the NY/NJ metro area?
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
x10003q wrote
 Try and answer this simple question. Why there are zero advertisements for Gore in the NY/NJ metro area?
Here in NJ, I see "Ski The Face" posters on every Bergen county rail station this winter again and I ask myself same question. I guess Gore is not a vacation destination and it's a hard sell for weekend due to lack of nearby lodging. Day-tripping to Gore from Northern NJ is not for local folk.

That said, my family and I are renting for this season again and have over 20 ski days at Gore already!
Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
In reply to this post by x10003q
the gore boys r in central park making snow rite now.thats gotta count for some advertising i wood think
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
outlaw 1 wrote
the gore boys r in central park making snow rite now.thats gotta count for some advertising i wood think
It counts for however much less snow on the hill for the rest of the season during prime snow making conditions. I'd prefer that effort be concentrated on Rumor, etc. than piled up in NYC.

Marketing/Advertising can be done just as effectively, probably more so, via computers without taking away from the on hill product.

Speaking of that, WHY is it that the only place I could find information or pictures of the snow making in NYC are on AlpineZone?

FACEBOOK, TWITTER, BLOGS, ETC. ARE ALL ESSENTIALLY FREE.

"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
x10003q wrote
ScottyJack wrote
 so that point is pretty much baseless
And better yet, why are GORE'S snow makers in NYC making a pile of snow in Central Park when all the billboards are for Whiteface?
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
x10003q wrote
see the post from the Dennis fellow pointing out advertisment in the NY/NJ metro area...  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
ScottyJack wrote
x10003q wrote
see the post from the Dennis fellow pointing out advertisment in the NY/NJ metro area...
Dennis mentions the WF only ads on the train. Still no answer about Gore. Nothing on the radio or on cable or on the computer or billboards for Gore.

Why?  
Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
fyi,they were blowing rumor early in the week,and it has been awsome,tuesday in the guns exsposed rocks,friggen awsome,yesterday better coverage,head wall was incredable.today same as yesterday