classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
82 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2013/2014 Season Pass

Adk Jeff
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
It counts for however much less snow on the hill for the rest of the season during prime snow making conditions. I'd prefer that effort be concentrated on Rumor, etc. than piled up in NYC.

Marketing/Advertising can be done just as effectively, probably more so, via computers without taking away from the on hill product.
I wouldn't worry about the Central Park snowmaking taking away from Gore.  It depends what equipment they brought down from Gore, but if it was just guns (I wouldn't think Gore's water pumps and compressors are portable) they can still run the snowmaking plant at Gore at 100%.  Water pumping capacity and air compressor capacity are still the limiting factors, not the number of guns.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by outlaw 1
outlaw 1 wrote
fyi,they were blowing rumor early in the week,and it has been awsome,tuesday in the guns exsposed rocks,friggen awsome,yesterday better coverage,head wall was incredable.today same as yesterday
Niiiiiiiiicccceee.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
In reply to this post by x10003q
Because Gore markets to the Capital Region, as that is where the majority of its visitors come from.  Whiteface advertises to Ottawa, Montreal, NY/NJ metro and other smaller markets because thats where it gets the majority of visitors from.  Increasingly the money has shifted from NYC metro to canada because of the exchange rate and the fact that an increasing number of visitors are coming from there and its closer.

But, no, Whiteface and Gore do no market research and you all are probably way smarter from behind your computer screens.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
I dont mean smaller markets either, I mean other areas in a smaller amount than the main two areas
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Pants
Pants wrote
you all are probably way smarter from behind your computer screens.
At least you got one thing right.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Butt Hurt Gore skiers=The mad mad funny!
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Pants wrote
you all are probably way smarter from behind your computer screens.
At least you got one thing right.
I wouldn't bet on it. Gore still lacks a web cam.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
I hope they keep Belleayre off the WF/Gore pass.  It doesn't add any value for me, and probably not for anyone who doesn't live in the Catskills or south.  If they put Bell on the pass, they'll bring the Windham/Hunter owners into it to lobby for higher pass prices.

mm  
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I'm having a hard time seeing a downside.

http://nyskiblog.com/orda-ski-pass-3-mountains/

To answer the OP - yes I will buy one.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
This is an arrow in the quiver NYS has now to capture the downstate marker.  If they send brochures to all the Vermont skiers from Southern NY and New Jersey with the deal I think it would sell it self.  
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
This post was updated on .
This is a huge deal for Belleayre passholders. Maybe this will make the other 3 Catskill areas partner up with some northern ski areas.
Reply | Threaded
|

evantful
I really wish they offered something more like the Whiteface/Gore Non Holiday pass in the 500 hundred range, that would now include Belleayre. Im a midweek pass holder at Belleayre, and to make the jump up to a $739 pass is just to much.

Good Step forward though ORDA!
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
In reply to this post by x10003q
x10003q wrote
Maybe this will make the other 3 Catskill areas partner up with some northern ski areas.
Given that the state-owned mountains are pretty much all that's left in the ADKs, which northern ski areas are you referring to? Or are you suggesting that they partner with out-of-state ski areas?
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Jamesdeluxe wrote
x10003q wrote
Maybe this will make the other 3 Catskill areas partner up with some northern ski areas.
Given that the state-owned mountains are pretty much all that's left in the ADKs, which northern ski areas are you referring to? Or are you suggesting that they partner with out-of-state ski areas?
Whatever works for the Catskill areas. I do not think it is an easy task.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by evantful
239 bucks is going to break the bank?  
Reply | Threaded
|

evantful
Im 25, trying to save to buy a house. At some point there is a threshold where I have to say I can not go above a certain dollar amount based on my skiing habits, which are midweek mostly at belleayre and hunter. So the jump from $289 to $739 from my current midweek pass is just to much to justify. I could swing another $200ish to get Gore/Whiteface on some limited level...(like I said a Non holiday pass, or even just a midweek pass Id pay in the 500 dollar range).

Just be nice to have a crippled pass in-between option price wise.

Eitherway, Im just glad ORDA is moving in the right direction and the marketing for it is really sharp.

Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by evantful
evantful wrote
I really wish they offered something more like the Whiteface/Gore Non Holiday pass in the 500 hundred range, that would now include Belleayre. Im a midweek pass holder at Belleayre, and to make the jump up to a $739 pass is just to much.

Good Step forward though ORDA!
FYI- ORDA still does not offer the same "area only" deals.
These prices are based on purchsing before the first deadline.
Whiteface only non-holiday including weekends  $439.00
Gore only non-holiday midweek only   $399.00
Belleayre only midweek only including holidays  $289.00

Once again Whiteface gets special treatment. Why isn't the WF only type pass available at Gore and Belleayre?

The Belleayre only full season pass is $669.00. Adding only $70.00 to get to the $739 ski3 pass is a huge bargin even if it is only used 2 times at Gore or WF.
Reply | Threaded
|

evantful
I completely agree, for anyone who has a regular season pass to Belleayre it is a game changer
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I've been thinking about the capital market - it is not impossible to see people from Albany skiing Belleayre. Sometimes the Catskills get hammered and the ADK's whiff. Sometimes temps mean that farther south can be soft and creamy while up north won't soften. Maybe they'll put a big park in, or keep a lift pod open until late for Spring bumps. Anyone who swears off hitting Belle before, you know, actually skiing is doing themselves a disservice.

All the Catskills resorts excel in different ways, and I don't see why anyone from Utah or British Columbia would have a bad day there if conditions are right. It's obviously one of the most scenic areas in the US, which inspired settlers and artists alike, and the skiing can be pretty good. If you don't believe it, check the Plattekill conditions thread!

:)
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
SKI3 - We are in. Just bought three of them.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp