Quantcast

2013/2014 Season Pass

classic Classic View
82 messages Options
1234 ... 9
Reply |  

2013/2014 Season Pass

Highpeaksdrifter
IF ORDA where to offer a WF, Gore and Belleayre full season pass how do you think it would affect each mountain if at all?

Do you think it would cause much of a competitive advantage for Belleayre over the other 3 Catskill ski areas?

If you live in southern NY or NJ would you buy one?

Reply |  

Re: 2013/2014 Season Pass

Benny Profane
Belleyre would have more traffic.

Yes.

Yes.

funny like a clown
Reply |  

TomCat
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
I have a house near gore so I probably wouldn't pay extra to ski belleayre. I leave my stuff up north, so day trips to belleayre dont work for me. But I think it would appeal to a lot of skiers in nj. I bet a lot of belleayre pass holders would like to spend a long weekend or two at gore or face. But if the cost was only a little higher I'd consider it and store my equipment in the car.

Tom

Reply |  

ausable skier
Its my first day back - PLEASE don't get me started on this Bell crap again.

Orda can not charge one dime more for adding a mediocre Catskill ski area to its Gore and WF customers passes.  Who would pay any more for that???  Yeah you are going to say all them city folks but really that makes up a pretty small percentage of the total WF season pass base.  The people with passes from down south mostly have homes or steady lodging in either the LP or Gore area and are not going to day trip Bell.

The proof would be in the pudding - Orda should offer a WF pass, A WF / Gore pass, a Bell only pass, and a all three and see how few actually pay extra to add Bell.  The WF / Gore pass is what I would buy and it would be by far the best seller.

A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
I'm skiing the Cats maybe 5.5 (LOL) times a year now.  The family isn't core enough to drive to the Adks every weekend so I'm day tripping. I got a pass to Plattekill.

ausable skier wrote
The proof would be in the pudding - Orda should offer a WF pass, A WF / Gore pass, a Bell only pass, and a all three and see how few actually pay extra to add Bell.  The WF / Gore pass is what I would buy and it would be by far the best seller.
Agreed do it.  I would buy one.  

Everything I'm hearing says it's going to happen.

"...at least I get to ski once in a while and no one is shooting at me."  -BigK75
Reply |  

ausable skier
Harvey44 wrote
I'm skiing the Cats maybe 5.5 (LOL) times a year now.  The family isn't core enough to drive to the Adks every weekend so I'm day tripping.

ausable skier wrote
Agreed do it.  I would buy one.  

Everything I'm hearing says it's going to happen.
I'm fine with offering the options but what I'm afraid of is asking WF skiers to pay more for adding Bell to thier pass.  I bet that is exactly what will happen and then I will not be the only screaming bloody murder over Bell.  I'd pay more than a WF only pass to have Gore on my pass though.  If Orda want to find out what their customers really think about Bell ask them to pay more for it on thier pass - the message will be loud and clear at that point.  You will hear the screaming in NJ from up here.

A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply |  

Benny Profane
Ausable, come join the 21st century. Vail corp has been killing it out west with multi mountain passes and pricing for over a decade. The East deserves something like that, somewhere. Trust me, it will actually save skiing. Lift tickets are absurdly expensive. This will create the illusion for the 8 day a year skier that they are getting a whole lot, when, in reality, skier traffic will not increase much at your beloved WF. And then, maybe some of those mountain owners over in Vermont will be forced to compete with their own partnerships. I once owned a combo Killington/Sugarbush season pass. Heaven. Bring that on. Ski hills are pricing themselves out of business otherwise.

funny like a clown
Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
In reply to this post by ausable skier
I heard that you are going to have to pick up your WF pass at Bell and only after you've done 15000 of vert on endless runouts...

"...at least I get to ski once in a while and no one is shooting at me."  -BigK75
Reply |  

ADKarver
I think ORDA has so many assets that they should let you bundle your season pass to your preferences.  In other words, there should be WF only, Gore only, B only and ski area combo WF/G, WF/B, G/B or all three and WF/Mt. VanHo or WF/Oval. Personally, we ski WF exclusively so adding B is not value added to me, but if I could purchase WF/Oval passes next season for the price I paid for our WF/G passes this year, I would.

Reply |  

Marcski
In reply to this post by Harvey
Not a fan of Belle here.  An all ORDA pass would have no effect on me....I'd still drive right by on my way to Platty.

Also, IMHO, a cheap all ORDA pass would have little to no effect on Vt. resorts' pricing.  Different clientele,  less accessible, fewer hills and not enough fluff to get the hordes over from Vt.  

1234 ... 9