classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
289 messages Options
123456 ... 15
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hunter Conditions

snoloco
They lit the guns up.  Saw it in the web cam.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
Someone in the ski shop told me yesterday they would be.  Do you think they will be open on Friday, Dec 11?  When they open what run/runs do they typically open by then?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Seems pretty likely that they will be open by 12/11.

Underground is reporting that Hunter will not be open this upcoming weekend/Friday. Find that very hard to believe, but those guys always have the scoop. Trying to confirm.

Can anyone post a link to the Hunter snow report?  Our link is broken and for the life of me can't find it on the site. Doh!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
This post was updated on .
Harvey wrote
Can anyone post a link to the Hunter snow report?  Our link is broken and for the life of me can't find it on the site. Doh!
I just searched for 10 minutes.  I don't think it's there.  Seems strange not to have link to a snow report on a ski area website.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by Harvey
Underground is reporting that Hunter will not be open this upcoming weekend/Friday. Find that very hard to believe, but those guys always have the scoop. Trying to confir

Just too much warm air Wed night and Thurs . Followed by some rain before the cold front..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
Thanks, Harvey.  To second what Jason said, someone else at the mountain on the same call said something like it was unlikely they'd be open Thanksgiving weekend given the weather forecast.  
Harvey wrote

Underground is reporting that Hunter will not be open this upcoming weekend/Friday. Find that very hard to believe, but those guys always have the scoop. Trying to confirm.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Mountain tells me that the snow report it down because they're not making snow and they'll put the snow report back up when they start.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis
In reply to this post by nepa
Don't have aaa link but hunter with 20 degree temo cans had in past opening like half their terrain in few days.
Scotty
Reply | Threaded
|

SalSal
Harvey wrote

That's what HunterMtn website is telling us:

Monday, November 23, 2015

Hello Skiers and Riders!

As you might've heard or seen, Hunter Mountain turned on its snow guns late Friday night! We have continued snow making through this morning and will continue as temperatures permit. We are currently making snow on the main line and have already made 12 inches of snow across 14 acres! Thanks to the investments in snow making we made this summer, our snow making team has been able to pump out snow more quickly and efficiently!

We know what your next question is going to be. We're getting the itch as much as you and will announce our opening date as soon as Mother Nature allows us! In the meantime, we would very much appreciate your cooperation in performing at least one snow dance every day - send your snow dance pictures to us at questions@huntermtn.com!

Lastly - if you want to score 3 UNRESTRICTED Lift Tickets for only $129 (that's $43 a ticket) + a FREE Big Lift Super Saver Card, which gets you discounted lift tickets and cardholder benefits all season, all you have to do is Click Here! Deal ends November 30th.

See you soon!

Hunter Mountain

http://www.huntermtn.com/winter/snow-report/
Reply | Threaded
|

nyctravis
Ugh. This is getting depressing!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I'd ski it:

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
But it wouldn't be much fun with 2000 of your closes friends...
"Peace and Love"
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
and they are all on snowboards chasing each other wearing starter jackets. sounds scarier than a zombie herd.
Reply | Threaded
|

nyctravis
Ha! I would, too, if there weren't a ton of other people around.  My original comment was just about the lack of cold weather with no end in sight :(  Not sure when they will be able to get open at this rate
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by JasonWx
Lucky for me I don't have that many friends.

Possible Hunter might get open by next weekend?  Nights are going to be coldish.

Travis where else do you ski?
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Just looked at the latest run...Looks like Hunter might be able to get opened by Dec 19...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

nyctravis
I hope you're right. The overnight lows next week look borderline to me, so I will take your confidence.  :)
I have a place in the Catskills, so I'm usually Hunter/Windham.  Never been to Belleayre or Plattekilll but plan to this year. Also will be making my way out west a bit this year to Jackson Hole, Park City, and Summit County if I'm lucky!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Wait.....People still wear Starter jackets?
Reply | Threaded
|

SalSal
In reply to this post by nyctravis
You should def check out Belle this season Travis. I was sceptical about it at first, but as soon as you get there its a WinterWonderand.

Colleagues, fellow EastCoast sufferers, where do you think you can head from NYC this weekend to get a feeling of snow under your skis (except BigBoulder)? I guess making a NorthEast trip is not yet worth driving and spending.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Stowe.
123456 ... 15