classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
518 messages Options
1 ... 3456789 ... 26
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Killington Conditions

MC2 5678F589
I heard that conditions were great today. I'll be there the next 3 days, so I'll confirm tomorrow.

Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
awesome dude. this is really the kind of year where you need to jump on it when it's good, and it should be good tomorrow!
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
The conditions today at Killington were really good. Those guys blew a ton of snow and I think they can last a few more weeks for sure. Today was really cool and tomorrow should warm up to 45. Not very crowded which was a plus....

What Mother Nature can't do - the Beast does. Thank you Mike Solimano and Killington crew.

That is us on the top... Sandro, Ray, Nevada and our buddy Thrasher.

The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

ElevatedLocals
yesssssss! so good to hear. Think May skiing will be a thing?
elevatedlocals.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
I am sure at least on superstar...

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Good thing Killington has it, because unless it's a snowy next month I'm not sure Tuckerman's will have snow in May!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I'm here right now.

I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
SNOLOCO - nice!!  Did you get any snow today? I heard that just West there was some good snowfall. We will be there this weekend.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Nice pics. The clouds look like the ones from The Simpsons.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Nice shots! After a trek out west this week, I'll be back at the Big K for the balance of the season.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Quick update from Sunday. It was sunny, snowy and really windy. Conditions were good overall. Some interesting mini-death cookies/quarter sized frozen granular over on the needles side. I think they lost a fair amount of trails with the warm weather at the end of the week. Overall coverage was very good. Some new snow on top of mostly carveable hardpack. I was surprised actually that there wasn't more glare ice with how fast the temps dropped from Saturday into Sunday. With whatever they picked up from the second storm yesterday, conditions should be very good for the foreseeable future. There's enough variety of terrain still open to keep things interesting.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Danzilla wrote
Quick update from Sunday. It was sunny, snowy and really windy. Conditions were good overall. Some interesting mini-death cookies/quarter sized frozen granular over on the needles side. I think they lost a fair amount of trails with the warm weather at the end of the week. Overall coverage was very good. Some new snow on top of mostly carveable hardpack. I was surprised actually that there wasn't more glare ice with how fast the temps dropped from Saturday into Sunday. With whatever they picked up from the second storm yesterday, conditions should be very good for the foreseeable future. There's enough variety of terrain still open to keep things interesting.
Sorry to have missed you there Danzilla!. You up this weekend?

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Nope. That was likely it for me. Headed to the keys with the wife (and no kids) on Saturday. I may make one more day trip at the end of April if it still looks decent. Wish I could have skied today or yesterday.

When do you guys shut it down for the season?
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Danzilla wrote
Nope. That was likely it for me. Headed to the keys with the wife (and no kids) on Saturday. I may make one more day trip at the end of April if it still looks decent. Wish I could have skied today or yesterday.

When do you guys shut it down for the season?
Enjoy the Keys.. We had hope to ski through the rest of this month. We are like 33 days in this year. We might get in 40 but, then again, if the skiing isn't so good, we will probably then do like you and head to Florida to see my dad.  He is in Sarasota.

Wish we were there today too but, need to work and kids gotta learn.

Here is to next season.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Day 31: I arrived around 9:45 supah was groomed. Still spent most of the day over on Skye Lark etc as the snow seemed softer and I hadn't skied in almost a month.

Never got to cascade. Big smiles from the guys hiking out.

Great day skiing with the Albas, will post my best pics on the blog soon.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Nice photo!  

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Harvey
Looks like a great spring day. I was thinking of killington all weekend; looking forward to reading the full post
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
If everybody knows what I know Killington will be crowded tomorrow.  I got there at 11 today and for me it was just about going off.  There is still a ton of snow on Superstar and Skyelark is doable but getting mushy and rough in spots...and the walk to cascade is well worth it...I did it twice today
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Suds
You have  once again filled me with jealousy with this work day skiing. You are totally dialed in. How many days do you have this year?
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
yesterday was 45...I was jonesing for the Sugarbush deal today but my body hurts a bit and I can't leave my dogs that long without a plan...and should get some work done around the house.  I work for the company I do because of the flexibility not the money  I think I will be at Kmart early tomorrow to get in as much as I can before it rains...I really want to ski cascade again before it's toast...prolly get on the road bike later to loosen up the joints and muscles for tomorrow
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
1 ... 3456789 ... 26