Half off with any season pass. From yesterday.image435.jpeg
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Killington Conditions

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Wow Killy was good today.  I hadn't skied in a month and could only muster 7 runs. I think. If Duck did nine, I did seven.

Anyway great day, Riverc0il, Duck, Marcski and Abby, Erin Barton and some other Gore peeps too.

I heard MattChuck was in the house. (Double sport day MC?)

The middle section of Super was off the hook, it was just a matter of how many times you could run the gauntlet to get back it. On each run, by the bottom, I was toast.

Supah Duck
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
K-mart totally delivered this spring. It is just so cool how they bomb Superstar so it lasts into May.  Whatever you may think about Killington, IMHO, it has a great spring vibe.  

Harvey, bashing the bumps:

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Looks like a fun time had by all.
Wish I could have been there - wife had other plans for me.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Duck T. R.
Thanks for the invite Harv. I thought I was done for the year but It turned out to be a great day. It was nice meeting and having a beer with everyone. Maybe I'll try to get June, even if I have to hike for it.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Wow Killy was good today.  I hadn't skied in a month and could only muster 7 runs. I think. If Duck did nine, I did seven.

Anyway great day, Riverc0il, Duck, Marcski and Abby, Erin Barton and some other Gore peeps too.

I heard MattChuck was in the house. (Double sport day MC?)

The middle section of Super was off the hook, it was just a matter of how many times you could run the gauntlet to get back it. On each run, by the bottom, I was toast.
Yeah, I got there late, so this was my view on the first chair ride:

I don't know if it was the heavy snow, the bumps, or my legs being dead from mountain biking at Pine Hill, but I got really fatigued, too. 2 runs and done for me, but it was nice to finish the season like I started it: WROD at Killington.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
What a gorgeous day!

However, I can barely walk today. I skied until mid-day yesterday, as it was insanely crowded. This was going to be my last weekend, but I may do June 1st just for the heck of it if they are still open, and I don't have to do much walking. There were only a coupe of thinning areas, and still a nice base skiing onto and off of the lift.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Rj1972 wrote
What a gorgeous day!

However, I can barely walk today. I skied until mid-day yesterday, as it was insanely crowded. This was going to be my last weekend, but I may do June 1st just for the heck of it if they are still open, and I don't have to do much walking. There were only a coupe of thinning areas, and still a nice base skiing onto and off of the lift.
Strange that it would be more crowded on Sunday than Saturday. I skied from about 10am-2pm on Saturday and it wasn't crowded at all. Ski on lifts and ample room on the trails. If you wanted to ski in peace, you occasionally might want to pull off and wait a few seconds to get a clear lane. But excepting the first choke point and the final pitch, I thought it was not crowded at all. I was actually surprised more skiers were not there...
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
riverc0il wrote
Strange that it would be more crowded on Sunday than Saturday. I skied from about 10am-2pm on Saturday and it wasn't crowded at all. Ski on lifts and ample room on the trails. If you wanted to ski in peace, you occasionally might want to pull off and wait a few seconds to get a clear lane. But excepting the first choke point and the final pitch, I thought it was not crowded at all. I was actually surprised more skiers were not there...
Yeah, I too found it odd. I only skied a couple of hours in the morning on Saturday, but I definitely noticed a difference on Sunday. I would have thought it to be the opposite.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator

txt from Suds
Reply | Threaded
|

Duck T. R.
Another super day on Super Star. Maybe my best day of the year, but it's going fast.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
This post was updated on .
The Fat Lady is singing.  Today was my last day.  Tomorrow should be skiable but you will be walking more than today.  Sunday
You walk to the lift with skis in hand

The SuperStar Glacier is being affected by global warning

By the time we left at 12:30 the top, just below the glacier, is a boulderfield and many people were walking below to the better snow

I'm happy I skied today Get it tomorrow if you can
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

ElevatedLocals
Rad! Sweet pic.s
Sorry it was your last day.
Super excited
See eryone tomorrow......
elevatedlocals.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Amazing what was lost in a week. Enjoy...I'm jealous but my season ended last Saturday.  In the worst snow season in the east, I still managed to ski 7 months from November through the weekend before Memorial Day in May. Kudo's to K-mart for giving me November and May.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I took a handful of runs this morning, and will call it a season. They lost quite a bit of snow since last weekend, with walking on/off the lift, as well as many bare/rocky spots.

They did an absolutely great job this year despite the challenging winter.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Free lift access to skiing and hiking tomorrow.  I won't be there, but if they spin lifts Wednesday I will
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

ElevatedLocals
Yesterday was such dirt dog fun. I posted a video of the walk to snow on my Instagram. Can't get photos to load from my phone, but I'll post soon. Headed up again now. Have a great "last" day everyone! (Instagram - Elevatedlocals)
elevatedlocals.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Ya gotta hand it to the Big K..... 7+ months of skiing.   
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Big props to K. Middle Superstar was damn sweet today. Only three portages "required" (0 if you are young and reckless, 5 if you are super conservative and never ski grass/mud, add 1 for down hiking half the Upper Headwall). Not my latest skiing by a long shot but I think today was my latest lift serviced skiing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator

Duck T. R. wrote
Another super day on Super Star. Maybe my best day of the year, but it's going fast.
Wow nice.

Suds I boosted that garbage can sign shot for NYSBs instagram thanks

Dig the hammerheads too!

Nice work all.

1 ... 567891011 ... 26