518 messages Options
1 ... 15161718192021 ... 26
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Killington Conditions

JasonWx
Sorry to Hijack the Kton thread..

I just recently switched to Full Face for MTB..I have seen to many knocked out teeth etc..

It's a free country for now, so enjoy the bare lid...
"Peace and Love"
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Z wrote
Killington was great this past week.  Attended the PSIA masters academy
Oh shit! Why didn't you say hi? Did you not see me?
Sorry about that
The stick the masters in a different room in the lodge and even for the dinner
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by nepa
nepa wrote
... why no helmet?   Kind of like the hardcore 1%er on his chopper?  No helmet... just a sweat stained do-rag to protect himself from a traumatic injury.  
About motorcycle helmet laws, a comedian once said, "if a head is functioning that poorly to begin with, it doesn't warrant protecting."

That said, I don't wear a helmet either.  I don't equate not wearing a helmet skiing with not wearing one on a motorcycle.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Had great skiing at Pico and Killington this weekend.  The sun even showed itself yesterday. It sure is looking like a nice Christmas week.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
someone should start a helmet thread, i don't believe the interwebz have seen one of those

i always love mc's pics but the dis-proportionate size of of his naked noggin always jumps out and looks odd to me..,
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by nepa
nepa wrote

I'm sure you've heard this before from others, but it bears repeating... you're choice is your choice, but it can't hurt to re-evaluate some choices to ensure you're own personal well-being.

I suffered a severe head injury when I was kid.  I was not skiing, but I was in my car on the way to the ski area.  I was in intensive care six weeks.   I'm lucky to still be able to walk.  I have permanent brain damage!.
Do you wear a helmet when you drive now? Why not?

If you're like me, you make decisions on Personal Protective Equipment on a case by case by case basis. I always wear a helmet mountain biking, but almost never wear one on the bike path. I wear a helmet sometimes when I'm skiing (in rowdy terrain, while trying tricks in the park, etc.), but other times, I don't.

I've talked about it before, but any argument you can make for a helmet, I can make about a spine protector. I'm not going around the internet shaming people into wearing spine protectors, and I don't appreciate people trying to shame me into wearing a helmet. If you want to continue the discussion, pull up one of the many times we've talked about helmets before.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Z wrote
Killington was great this past week.  Attended the PSIA masters academy
Oh shit! Why didn't you say hi? Did you not see me?
Sorry about that
The stick the masters in a different room in the lodge and even for the dinner
Yeah, I know, Z. The tele guys were in the same room.

I feel like you don't know what I look like somehow.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
Sorry to Hijack the Kton thread..

I just recently switched to Full Face for MTB..I have seen to many knocked out teeth etc..

It's a free country for now, so enjoy the bare lid...
I have a full face helmet for DH MTB. Not trying to lose teeth.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Matt

I think we met once a long time ago but no I guess forgot what you look like and probably vice versa.  I talked to Mickey several times so I should have realized the Tele guys were in that same room.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
You could not tell from the strange smell?
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
From Killington:

9:46 am 01/06/18--After much consideration here at Killington Resort, we have decided that, in the interest of safety for guests and staff, we will not open today. With temperatures well below zero and winds gusting to 45 mph, the wind chill is at least 50 below zero; it's just too cold to put folks out there.

That said, Pico Mountain does have some lifts running today, thanks to it's more sheltered aspect. All Killington tickets and passes are valid at Pico. Remember though, that it's still very cold at Pico, please take cold weather precautions if you'll be outside today at all.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
I skied Pico Thursday. There was all kinds of new snow, and it blew sideways all day. SUPER windy at the top. The top of the mountain had some frozen rock solid bumps from the cold and wind covered with fresh snow. The poor visibility made it tough to see, so you really had to take your time. Mid-mountain trees were the place to be. If they ran the Outpost Chair today, I'm sure it was great skiing.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
SAM Magazine—Killington, Vt., March 6, 2018—A variety of projects will be taking place at Killington for the 2018-19 season, including the installation of a new six-passenger high-speed bubble chairlift, relocation of an existing quad chairlift, upgrades to the K-1 gondola, trail work, new RFID gates, and the addition of a Woodward Wrecktangle ninja obstacle course to its summer operations—all to the tune of $16 million.

The marquee element to the improvements is the installation of a new Leitner-Poma six-passenger high-speed bubble chairlift that will serve Snowdon peak and its primarily intermediate terrain. The lift will ascend 1,100 vertical feet. An indoor storage facility will be built to house chairs overnight, similar to those built for other bubble lifts at resorts such as Mount Snow and Okemo. Also at Snowdon, a Poma lift is being relocated to a different area on the peak.

The bubble lift will replace the Snowdon Quad, which is being relocated to the South Ridge area where it will replace the existing South Ridge Triple. The relocated lift will follow the same line and will load and unload in the same locations as the old triple. It will span 3,900 feet and have a vertical rise of approximately 875 feet.

All cabins on the K-1 gondola will be replaced with new Leitner-Poma Sigma eight-person cabins, which will be stored in a new facility at the base to improve reliability and de-icing time. The haul rope will also be replaced, and improvements to the loading area are also planned.

Axess RFID gates will be installed for hands-free lift access.

Terrain improvements will focus on intermediate trails, with trail widening, new tunnels and bridges, some regrading and rerouting. The projects will limit trail intersections in high traffic locations and remove pinch points, to create more top-to-bottom trail runs.

“While we are committed to staying core to our beastly advanced terrain, we are also putting the focus on our blue family-friendly terrain,” said Mike Solimano, Killington’s president and general manager. “The investments we’re making will reshape the guest experience for years to come. Uphill capacity will increase to 48,000 riders per hour, and the downhill enhancements will create more diverse terrain for all levels of skiers and riders.”

Summer improvements include the addition of a Woodward WreckTangle, which is an outdoor ninja obstacle challenge featuring nine different sections of obstacles, such as cargo nets, balance beams, and rope swings. Killington’s Mountain Bike Park will get improvements to beginner terrain, a new trail, and extended riding hours.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC is winning! Nice job.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
That looks awesome
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Well Done, MC!  Looks sweet.

How much snow did K-mart end up getting?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Probably 8-10. On top of what they had last week, it was pretty f'in sweet.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco

Full on powder day
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco

Nice glades

Loving the Canyon Quad.  No line and a direct ride to the best terrain on the mountain.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
1 ... 15161718192021 ... 26