518 messages Options
1 ... 12131415161718 ... 26
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Killington Conditions

Z
I think everyone did it once.  We did it md morning by the afternoon I don't know how it was passable.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
My twin brother's ski sank into a sink hole knocking him over. He got lucky. After that, we said it's best to avoid it. I found the run interesting, though there were people on it that should not have been.
The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
we were there as well, yea east falls was pretty technical lol. more fun was watching folks poach double dipper.
saw the bear but no nyskibloggers (harvery roadies?!) lifty said the bear was trying to get to the stream below, he sure was befuddled by the row of onlookers blocking him...
superstar was quite the spectacle at times

fun day to close out the season!

Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Cornhead and I were there on Sunday, 4/23/17. There indeed was people poaching double dipper.

Double Dipper

Cascade, Downdraft and Double Dipper
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Was at Killington on Friday, Superstar is in excellent shape.  Covered from skiers Right to lift towers, 8-10' remaining at the crown of the trail.
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I skied this weekend in the interesting weather, and as Chris reported, Superstar was still looking good. I wish I could say the same for the condition of my legs. I can't make it next weekend, so this may have been the last day for me. If they pull off June 1st without too much walking, I may head back up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
That is our plan too..  June 1st - if we can ski an not have to schlep in mud too much - we are considering the adventure up. Though, we might just use our legs to ride our bikes...

It snowed 9 inches on the top of Mount Snow apparently - though Killington reported a dusting. Sort of odd and I wonder if Mount Snow's report was fake news.

AlbaAdventures.com
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I know someone that lives over near Mt Snow - that snow was legit - this storm this weekend was a Noreaster and they got the wrap around cold flow there on Saturday night
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
CoachZ - I just saw someone post that legit note on Ski+RideVT on Facebook.  Odd though that not much fell on K.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
If K could last two more weeks I might get Day 36. That would be cool.

Be even cooler if I could get my first June day!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Back in the day a bunch of us Smuggs guys would head to K for the June 1st slalom race

what fun

what a booze fest

Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Based on what I saw this past Saturday, June is certainly a possibility. Perhaps walking required by then but a possibility. Saturday was top to bottom nearly edge to edge, lots of tall snow piles that can be push out. It all depends on the weather. But I was impressed for mid-May... perhaps the only good thing about the weather these past few weeks has been incredible snow preservation on Superstar.
Reply | Threaded
|

ElevatedLocals
we had a bumptastic time on Sat. was impressed by the coverage.

Here's our video - https://www.instagram.com/p/BUFzw4tDiYA/?taken-by=elevatedlocals

Hopefully they will hold on till the 27th. We'll be back.....
elevatedlocals.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
I wanted to see how much damage the last 2 warm days have done, so I just opened up the Superstar cam and saw someone skiing down with their dog running beside them!  So cool!

Still a lot of snow, although there does seem to be a bit of a choke point developing at the top of the bottom section.  I hope they make Memorial Day weekend or beyond!
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73
I just arrived to ski tomorrow.  Coverage looks excellent except for that choke point near the bottom.  Gonna be awesome tomorrow!!
Ski the snow on the ground, not the date on the calendar. - Glenn Plake
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Joneski73 wrote
I just arrived to ski tomorrow.  Coverage looks excellent except for that choke point near the bottom.  Gonna be awesome tomorrow!!
So, how was it? It looks awesome right now at 3 p.m. on the website.  Beautiful bluebird day.  I hope it lasts till next weekend and may it be blessed with an equally nice day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73
Conditions were awesome today.  Lots of soft corn snow bumps and only a few icy patches here and there.  I called it quits around 1 or so only because it was too crowded.  Earlier in the morning it was almost dead with no lift line whatsoever.  It was hard to tell actually how much snow is there.  Some areas looked a little thin while others were quite deep maybe 5 feet of base or more.
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73
This post was updated on .
Here's some pictures from today:

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Two weeks looks like a long shot. Maybe I can work out next weekend.

Thanks for the update and pics Joneski.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73
If I were to bet, I'd say Memorial Day would be it.  But you never know.
1 ... 12131415161718 ... 26