classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
324 messages Options
1 ... 1011121314151617
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Plattekill Conditions

takeahike46er
Anyone from NYC heading up to Plattekill tomorrow? I'm looking to hitch-a-ride...
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by sig
sig wrote
2-3 feet tomorrow.  i am climbing the walls. hope i can get to sleep.its like the night before christmas
YES!

I love that feeling.

Get some boys and take a some pictures! I'm stoked for you guys.
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
It's official Going to be one hell of a time getting there by nine from Syracuse as we are getting hammered here (14" so far at my house) as well.  What a great way to end the season!
Reply | Threaded
|

BenedictGomez
Looking at the webcam images, I can only see maybe the top 7" of the fence, so I have to believe they have about 2' or maybe 27'ish inches by now.
Can we get SOME snow?  Please?
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
Now Hunter is reporting 25"+ inches.  Maybe a Platty/Platty or Platty/Hunter 2fer in the works here!
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
Delaware county called a state of emergency today, and I just got a call saying it will continue into tomorrow. All roads are closed except for emergency purposes. It will be foolish for Plattekill to open tomorrow because anyone who tries to go there will be breaking the law by driving there.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
A 30+ inch powder day doesn't qualify as an emergency?

Well that sucks.

Out west here we just call that a sweet Tuesday.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Ethan where can we get up to date info on Delaware County?  (on the internet)
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
I don't know. Probably not. I just think it's foolish to try to open a business in a day when you're getting government phone calls saying "all non essential employees are not required to report to work, and "all roads are closed except for emergency purposes" There is a 100 dollar fine for being on the road. Maybe some will take it if they get caught, that's an expensive lift ticket. Just be prepared. It's not worth the risk to me. You can potentially put your or other people's life in danger for a selfish day of skiing. I'll ski on Thursday.
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
Can't confirm this anywhere online - not even on Delaware Co. Sheriff's website.  Hard to believe that Plattekill would purposely encourage people to break the law.  Guess I'll check in the morning before leaving.  Either way we're in for a few epic ski days!
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Ethan where can we get up to date info on Delaware County?  (on the internet)
Here is where I got my information. (actually, I got it on the phone first) It shows a full travel ban on Broome and Delaware county. http://www.wbng.com/story/34801645/travel-ban-state-of-emergency-in-broome-county  There is still a travel ban in my township as well.  Can't point you in a specific direction for tomorrow morning but this has some information.  https://www.ny.gov/emergency/winter-storm-update

According to this, I don't see a travel ban on Delaware county anymore. I live about two miles over the county line so I only get alerts for Otsego county.
Broome county got hit hardest, and still has a county-wide travel ban.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Weird, I've driven in a shit ton of snow and never felt like I was putting my life or any others lives at risk. Maybe just don't drive like a dumb ass?
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
The Delaware County Emergency Services Facebook page has the only info I could find.  At 6:30 last night they determined the state of emergency and road closures would continue overnight, and that road closures would be re-evaluated in the morning.  No update since, several people confirming road closures with local PDs this morning.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
RA.....dumbasses or not, not everyone is as good at driving in snow as you or others might be.  Keeping people off the roads keeps the roads clear for Emergency Services, and also prevents drivers of all sorts from getting into accidents, thusly blocking roads and requiring emergency services.

Acceptable trampling of freedom????
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
Looks like a nice crowd.
Somebody , I need to know what I missed
Because of damm work
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
Sullivan and Ulster, along with many surrounding towns had some sort of travel ban in affect.  And Hunter mtn still had a a pretty decent turn out yesterday.  Most of those folks had to drive thru ulster (including me)
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
FKNA what a day!  So great to ski untracked snow and open the eyes of 3 Platty newbies, Zach, Chris and Jim.  

Fucking Chris busted the tip on his right DPS ski plowing in to an unexpected extra deep drift, and ripped the rest of the day with that thing flapping:

Chris

GREAT apres at the best bar in NY too.

I left it all out on the field, exhausted now, back at my desk and super behind at work, but I will try to get some kind of blog post out asap.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
and it keeps the roads free of traffic so you can fly up the highway.  Who pays attention to that shit?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
tjf1967 wrote
and it keeps the roads free of traffic so you can fly up the highway.  Who pays attention to that shit?
I've found days like that are the best for bar hopping   
1 ... 1011121314151617