campgottagopee
You've got to be kidding me!

Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Golf Thread - new gear

Z
I'd get killed.  My game is crappy right now.  Even with my a game I'd lose.

Speaking of not marking the ball one of the ideas being kicked around I heard for spicing up the sport the Olympics in golf is a team format with no marking the ball bringing back in the stymie into the game.  It was eliminated in 1952.  Bobby Jones considered it an integral part of the game in match play and was very upset.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
This qualified me to play in the Senior PNC at Desert Mountain in Scottsdale AZ. The tournament is September 28 thru October 1. The top 35 finishers qualify for the Senior PGA Championship  in 2018.
Pro this is way cool. Will it be on TV?  Really want to see.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Z
So that great online deal you got is taking it toll.  You could have bought the correct clubs from the fitter you used and had a much better experience.  They would have guided you to the correct club.  You saved yourself 500 bucks and got a lemon.  Those clubs were cheap for a reason.   I think you got hit with Karma for using a man who make a living selling clubs.  
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Actually the irons are starting to work out well.  It just took my awhile to figure out the new distances.  These tend to spin more and there is less roll on the green but once you have the distance down it's a good thing.  

I had a session with my pro last week and after a few days of thinking too much it is starting coming together yesterday. That session with Jim was super helpful.  

These new drivers have so many setting and I tried a bunch and settled on the one now.  At least for me think too much on the course is a bad thing.

You mentioned a fitter.  I'm not aware of who does that here in the Daks.  A lot of times it's your pro but LP club does not sell clubs.  Where do you go for that Albany?
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
pro2860 wrote
This qualified me to play in the Senior PNC at Desert Mountain in Scottsdale AZ. The tournament is September 28 thru October 1. The top 35 finishers qualify for the Senior PGA Championship  in 2018.
Pro this is way cool. Will it be on TV?  Really want to see.
 Thanks Harv!
I don't think it will be televised. After the 36 hole cut there will be live scoring via the internet.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Z
Exit 8 golf off 87. They have been in business for 30 years.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by pro2860
Pro :    kudos man !!!!  You are the man , good luck bro we all are pulling for.
 ya .

Im hoping to get cleared for take off at my dr appt on8/30 . I am itching to play again , been  swinging em in the back yard with practice balls , still a bit tender at times , but rarin to go .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Nice work bro! You must be playing alot
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Nice benefit of ordering clubs from Rock Bottom Golf is they have a 60 day playability guarantee as long as there are no funny marks on it.  The Cobra F7+ Driver just was not working for me.  I sent it back on day 58 and got store credit which I used to get a F7 which is much more forgiving.  Nice!  Rock Bottom earned a long term customer.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
My handicap is around 8.1

Hey Coach, have you ever thought about being a teaching professional at Golf? I was thinking that Golf Pro in Summer/Ski Pro in Winter might be fun after I check out of "real" employment.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I don't have the depth of understanding to teach golf anywhere close to how I can teach skiing.  I'd be like a level 1 cert at best.  

My son asks me all the time what he is doing wrong and I don't know how to fix it in his long game.  I am pretty good coaching short game though which is the stronger part of my game.  
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
OK so as some know the past 22 months  was a series medical challenges that limited my abiliity to do the sports i love to do .   I am used to a very active lifestyle and the past year has been anything but and was different . I am now slowly starting to return to more physical activity .

So Today i was able to play golf for the first time in 13 months .

So i played just 9  holes as a precaution. Well it went pretty fair .i shot a 2 over  par 38 , parred all but two had 16 putts ,so all that backyard short game stuff  been practicing all summer  helped . Kept all drives on  the fairways so lengthening my take away a bit seemed to help.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Great to hear wrap
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thanks Z,  how is your game and your sons game doing?

I always enjoy reading your golf n ski reports .Courses here still wet,so great for holding greens ,BUT no roll on drive at all
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
OK so as some know the past 22 months  was a series medical challenges that limited my abiliity to do the sports i love to do ... Well it went pretty fair .i shot a 2 over  par 38 , parred all but two.
Guy takes 22 months off and still plays better than 99% of golfers. Amazing, warp.

I have my league outing this weekend in Binghamton. Playing the Conklin course? Anyone ever play it?
1 ... 40414243444546 ... 60