classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1175 messages Options
1 ... 22232425262728 ... 59
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Today's Ride

Telemark Dave
Jason, a dropper post is the single best thing you can add to your MTB - if you in fact ride it where it was designed to be ridden.  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Telemark Dave wrote
Jason, a dropper post is the single best thing you can add to your MTB - if you in fact ride it where it was designed to be ridden.  

That will be my next purchase...I just up graded to a FS a couple of months ago...This no skiing thing is saving me big money...
Did you do the install?
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Dave's bike setup looks suspiciously similar to mine...

I might actually be a hinterlander at heart!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Just goes to show you how far away I have gotten from MTB biking. That front chain ring is tiny and there is no "big ring". you would have to spin your ass off most of the time, Dropper post - hell, I had to look that up. I don't know if that would be good or just a fad. Then the disc brakes, but I saw those back in the 70's - they didn't take off then but they seem to have now. Oh well, at least the frame looks the same.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
the 1x1 set up makes so much more sense..Who uses the front derailleur anyway?
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
Just goes to show you how far away I have gotten from MTB biking. That front chain ring is tiny and there is no "big ring". you would have to spin your ass off most of the time, Dropper post - hell, I had to look that up. I don't know if that would be good or just a fad. Then the disc brakes, but I saw those back in the 70's - they didn't take off then but they seem to have now. Oh well, at least the frame looks the same.
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Chris wrote
PeeTex wrote
ROFLOL
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
PeeTex wrote
ROFLOL
+1
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
That is some quality work Chris.

The single small chain ring makes a lot of sense to me.

Looks like a sweet bike TD.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Sick cross bike P.  That should def get your some cred with the single speed, rigid, steel crowd.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
PeeTex wrote
Chris wrote
PeeTex wrote
ROFLOL
Face in Hole app has brought much joy to my life.  Glad ya like it!
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaah  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by MikeK
Yeah, just maybe Mike.  I built the Stanton up last year, it was my first foray back into the geared world in 10 years or so.  Been 1 speeding, off and on road previously. Funny, prior to that I had gone through many Full sus bikes...

I love the feel of a steel hard tail.. The Stanton is Reynolds 853.. So very compliant AND super strong.  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
PeeTex wrote
No spinning on the trails around here Peetex. Usually grunting.  The singletrack is tight and twisty and rocky and rooty, and straight up and down.  Front ring is a 30 and the rear cassette is 11-36.   Droppers rule, come to a fun steep drop, drop the saddle and ride it properly centred downhill stylie.  No old school XC ass-dragging on the rear wheel broke-back looking style.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
Telemark Dave wrote

That will be my next purchase...I just up graded to a FS a couple of months ago...This no skiing thing is saving me big money...
Did you do the install?
The dropper?  Yup.  It's a bike.  I do everything myself.  
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Rode 30 miles on the road bike today, shorts and a long sleeve Jersey, latest I have ever ridden.  Great ride and I am ok with that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski

About 10 miles of riding today on the trails on the ridge below Windham High Peak. You can't really see it in the pic, but behind my bicycle was a great view of Blackhead, Blackdome and Thomas Cole mountains. All members of the 3500' club.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Today was a first. I great bike road ride in Feb, never done that before in the last 20 years since I moved North of the M/D line. Also never ridden on Xmas day but that was a first too this season. Decided to do that rather than ski, start working on the bike legs early this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Mr Deluxe and I had a great muddy ride today..Felt real good to be out..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Yetis heading to Leepoff Cycles tomorrow.....
I ride with Crazy Horse!
1 ... 22232425262728 ... 59