classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1175 messages Options
1 ... 24252627282930 ... 59
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Today's Ride

JasonWx
Rode Steward State Park in Newburg..50mile of some the sweetest single track around...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
Took an 8.5 mile ride at Minnewaska State Park, my favorite local place to bike.  Rode to Awosting Lake taking the Upper Awosting Cairrage Road out and Hamilton Point Carriage Road back.  I've been here countless times, but it was my first time on Hamilton Point because it was previously closed to bikes.  This also means I've been on every legal bike route in that park.
Nice, Sno.  The Gunks are an awesome place.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Rode at 7 this morning, Fn cold up here. I would have gon mid afternoon but I have work in town.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Rode SMBA after work yesterday.  Trails are in A+ Shape.  Someone did a great job with a leaf blower on some trails that didn't get any attention last year.  Also new parking lot is coming along nicely by power lines.  

Does anyone know what the plan is with the huge cleared lot on Daniels Rd?
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
done a few rides at luther forest the last couple weeks and explored around moreau lake. my bike isnt overly pedal friendly though so ive been getting my own DH trails back in shape. tore down an old jump and built this up today.

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
After a paddle with my SO, we decided to go for a ride... 32 Celsius meant a chill ride, in search of shady back roads.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
This was my first desert ride..I can only say OMG..What a great f'n ride... Rode from 8am to 10:30am..Drank 3 liters of water..It wasn't enough..

Sedona

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Condor
Nice work! It's proud for sure.

I'd like to see more of your trail if you have pics or vid.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by JasonWx
So what did you ride Jason? Down Slim or the Highline?

Did you get to meet Scotty or Jimmie at the Bike and Bean? Those guys are awesome.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Rode from the A Frames ... Slim to Templeton's Switch backs then back through the tunnel to Bell Rock Loop..only saw one rider, man those agave and pear cactus are intimidating..That said what a great ride..

Bike and Bean guys are awesome..Good Coffee too!!!
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
Nice pix, but did you ride during the middle of the day?
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by JasonWx
Slim Shady is a bitchen little rip eh?

It just got hot this weekend, like real hot. I think the high today in Sedona was around 108. That's in the shade!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
raisingarizona wrote
Slim Shady is a bitchen little rip eh?

It just got hot this weekend, like real hot. I think the high today in Sedona was around 108. That's in the shade!
heluva ride...it has a little of everything..nice climbs , a little bit of slick rock and some nice flowy parts..

it was around 100 when I was there..I rode and hiked early..the smoke sucked in the morning though..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Went over the Leavenworth to check this out yesterday... there is a similar build to this track in Brooklyn NY.

It took me a few runs to find my proper line, but once I got into the rhythm it was truly a blast. I would suggest if you go to an asphalt pump track, you should get some protection... I ejected a couple of times which resulted in some pretty ugly scrapes and bruises.

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
what kind of bike did you use? been thinking about hitting the local one here and using my sons med hardtail
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Rode my full suspension.... started with both front and back locked out.  Ended up having more fun with it in full squishy mode.  Lowered the seat considerably after the first couple loops.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Yesterday started off rainy, so I spent the AM changing my trusty 1991 Stumpy Team frame from a 1 speed (it's spent 2005-2011 as a MTB geared 1x, and then subsequently til now as a road geared 1x) to a 1 X 8.  I used an Ultegra bar end shifter combined with a 11-32 cassette to make it a bit more polyvalent.. So basically I have a road/gravel grinder/easy single track type bike...   A quiver of one!    Except I also have a few other bikes, but that's not the point.  

So anyways, The sun came out in the aft, so Bon and I happily got out for a 40k on/off road and everything in between ride ... All good, but I found myself goldilocks-ing with my new found choice of gears...  Too big. Too small...  I'll just have to suck it up and find peace with it..

Got home and fired up the Barbie.  Chicken burgers with homemade guacamole and skewered teriyaki veg.  No problem deciding this time.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Nice..Looks like your bike shop is in your living room

Feel like putting a 1x11 set up on my MTB
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Nope, my Basement.   Living room???  Now that's funny!

I'm about to switch the setup on my hard tail MTB from a 1 X 9 to a 1 X 10.   So that way my rear cassette changes from a 11-34 to a 11- 42.  
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Sweet Dave! Have you owned that Stumpy since 1991? I remember that frame.
1 ... 24252627282930 ... 59