327 messages Options
1234 ... 33
Reply |  

Winter Weather 2016-2017

Harvey
Admin
Time to start the next thread.

Next week in NY:

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Re: Winter Weather 2016-2017

campgottagopee
I hope winter is as good as the late fall has been

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
Jason you still calling for a gully washer on 12/27?  Seems to be creeping colder?

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

JasonWx
Here's my best guess for this weekend and the 27th

Saturday's system should be weak. Some light snow for the Northern Mtns and light rain showers for the Cats.

Monday's low is much stronger.  A strong southerly wind will develop. As of now most of the moisture goes north and west of NY .  Rain looks likely, it doesn't look heavy...

Remember this is still 5 days out..things can and will change..

"Peace and Love"
Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
Light at the end of the tunnel:

Reply |  

PeeTex
I'm calling for about 3" on the 27th and 1 ft on the 29th which will put the woods in play.
We're making winter great again...

Z
Reply |  

Z
https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/newengland

this sounds bad for the early storm.  Open snow is showing decent snow for the 29th on the WF forecast page.

"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Reply |  

ADmiKe
If you watch that weather GIF image step through the storm, looks like the high peaks are a blob of blue as the rain surrounds it and passes.  Let's hope to get that elevation advantage.  Being hopeful....

Reply |  

JasonWx
using the 12z GFS there will be lite rain to the summit of all northeastern mountains on Monday night..Not a big event..
But there will be a strong southerly wind

"Peace and Love"
Reply |  

ADmiKe
What does strong southernly wind indicate/mean?

1234 ... 33