Re: Bark Eater Trail Alliance BETA!

ScottyJack
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Harvey
Administrator
^^Little experiment in responsive embedding.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Great video. Are you one of the riders in there Scotty?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Nice to see Mark in the spotlight. New trails are great, rode the Hardy , Flume .PMD loop on Saturday , great way to get some miles. The new connector is a blast! as is the pump track.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I went for my second ride of the year over in the big wink this weekend.  It was very enjoyable and the trails are looking fantastic.  The new cut up all in has made the ride enjoyable to the top.  Only one spot where I wanted to kill myself.  Bills new trail is pretty cool.  Nice job to all who were involved.
I was listening to the prep for the bike fest over there.   It sounds like a real good time.  If you have time to spare I think a trip up could be one of people's better weekends of the year.  Someone can correct me but you will be able to camp out near where the bands are setting up and spend the weekend riding eating and listening to music.  
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I rode the new Quaker Mt to Hardy Rd trail.  Lots of fun.  That is about at the max of my technical riding capability.  We parked part way up Quaker.  Doing it again I'd park at Hardy and ride around.  

That ride up Quaker Mt is a bitch of a climb.  Is it any better if you turn right at the loop instead of going straight up?

This could be a good one to provide a shuttle like PMD
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
A parking lot is planned at top of quaker.  For now its OK to park along side of road on top where it turns to dirt.  

Yes, if riding from springfield turning right onto Manning Way is a gradual climb. When road bends left stay straight on dirt road and it brings you all the way round

We are pursuing another option for an easement that would connect the quaker mtn trail to the youth center.

The concept for quaker trail is link from town.  We will finish the flume to pmd link which comes out to Up A Creek restaurant in a couple weeks. Then people staying in town at motels and STRs as well as locals could ride both systems with very little time on roaf  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Got some work done on the flow trail at Craigwood - Scott's Cobble yesterday.  Trail will be lots of fun. Once again the Wilmington Wolverines dominated the trail crew.  Very small turn out from the "LP Skuls".

Nice guy who's son is in NYSEF came out with his boy to help too.  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
ScottyJack wrote
A parking lot is planned at top of quaker.  For now its OK to park along side of road on top where it turns to dirt.  

Yes, if riding from springfield turning right onto Manning Way is a gradual climb. When road bends left stay straight on dirt road and it brings you all the way round

We are pursuing another option for an easement that would connect the quaker mtn trail to the youth center.

The concept for quaker trail is link from town.  We will finish the flume to pmd link which comes out to Up A Creek restaurant in a couple weeks. Then people staying in town at motels and STRs as well as locals could ride both systems with very little time on roaf
It was a bit hard to find the trailhead.  We rode by it the first time.  It's right next to a brown house.  I marked it on the map.  Next time we'll ride up Manning Rd as Scotty suggested.

That trail seems a bit narrow and dangerous if bikers were ascending while you were coming down.  Is it meant to be just a one way trail?
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
 If you are riding down you wont hear people coming up but the other way around you definitely hear someone coming with plenty of time to get out of the way.  I think that is the proper etiquette as well.  
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
Quaker Mt. Rd = good training!
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Just rode PMD and Quaker Mt. trails this past weekend...most fun I've had on my bike yet!  So great to see the expanding trails in the area
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
If you are riding down you wont hear people coming up but the other way around you definitely hear someone coming with plenty of time to get out of the way.  I think that is the proper etiquette as well.
My son almost had a huge crash the other day coming down the new Quaker trail due to women with ear buds in and walking up it with her dogs that were off leash.  Not cool at all - someone is going to get hurt - probably needs a sign posted about this.

Parked by Scotty's place and rode up Manning as he suggested which was a much easier ride up did the trail and rode back to the truck. I then dropped my son back off at the top and he was down before I got to the other side in my truck.  He is really getting into Mt biking.  I need to upgrade him to a full suspension ride but money is tight with him going to Northwood now.  If anyone knows about someone looking to upgrade their bike I'm in the market for a used FS 27.5" wheel bike.  He is over at Hardy tonight riding.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Z wrote
My son almost had a huge crash the other day coming down the new Quaker trail due to women with ear buds in and walking up it with her dogs that were off leash.  Not cool at all - someone is going to get hurt - probably needs a sign posted about this.
I think we should have multiple Z threads. I'm still waiting for the "Coach Predicts" thread and now I think we should add a "Coach complains about tourists and others" thread, too.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Z
Please tell little Z up hill traffic always has right of way.  

Best bang for your buck would be 26 inch bike. Lots out there for a steal. Little z be fine on 26 for couple seasons.
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ScottyJack wrote

I never knew that. Thanks SJ

Where I ride it's rare to even run into anyone but that's good to know. If anything I run into people riding horses, I always give them big boys the right of way.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
ScottyJack wrote

Best bang for your buck would be 26 inch bike. Lots out there for a steal. Little z be fine on 26 for couple seasons.
Really?
That doesn't make much sense
Like TJF said you can't hear some going up hill when you are going down and with the switch backs you can't see well either.  It takes no effort to stop at all going up and lots of time and space going down.  

He has 27.5" on his hard tail now and I don't think you'd want to go down.  Might be harder to find but now that 27.5 has been out like 4 years some riders will be upgrading again soon.  If you hear of anyone upgrading let me know.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Z wrote
ScottyJack wrote

Really?
That doesn't make much sense
Like TJF said you can't hear some going up hill when you are going down and with the switch backs you can't see well either.  It takes no effort to stop at all going up and lots of time and space going down.  
Yup, it's standard protocol.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Z
I was wrong but I still would keep an ear open.  You get so much speed going down by the time you see someone you may not have time to stop.  I try and give way on the up or down if I have a chance....and your son should be going up all in for his work out.  Quaker mountain trail can be done with barely breaking a sweat and its just a connecter trail.   The new route up all in is so nice you can actually enjoy the climb now.  Best improved trail IMO.  
1 ... 1011121314151617