1 ... 13141516171819 ... 30
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: COVID 19 impact on skiing

sudsnbumps
My daughter's quote, " Be safe and symptom free"
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by marznc
marznc wrote
From Win Smith's statement to Sugarbush folks:
"With respect to those who have unused Quad Pack and Four Pack tickets, they will be valid through 12/24/20 so there is no need to call about them. We do not have plans to refund or credit season passes, though."
Say the following in Jerry Seinfeld's voice:

What exactly is the difference between a Quad Pack and a Four Pack?
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Marcski wrote
marznc wrote
From Win Smith's statement to Sugarbush folks:
"With respect to those who have unused Quad Pack and Four Pack tickets, they will be valid through 12/24/20 so there is no need to call about them. We do not have plans to refund or credit season passes, though."
Say the following in Jerry Seinfeld's voice:

What exactly is the difference between a Quad Pack and a Four Pack?
The answer is that one is transferable and the other is for only one person.  Pick the voice of the most annoying teacher you remember from grade school. :-)

From 2018 when the 4-pack was introduced:
"In addition, Sugarbush has released the new 4Pass for $239. The 4Pass works like a season pass and is good for up to four visits anytime during the 2018/19 winter season. While similar to the Quad Pack, which will be released later this fall, the 4Pass is non-transferable and must be purchased by the September 12th pass deadline."
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
With all the resorts closed or closing, many of us will be thinking about heading into the backcountry and/or skinning closed ski areas, chasing what remains of winter.

Consider this and be careful out there:

another ski touring forum wrote
Hello Touring Friends. I know many of us are seeing ski touring as a fantastic activity that enables social distancing. Indeed it is, however I would urge you all to consider keeping things more mellow than usual in the coming weeks and months. Our medical system will likely face unprecedented challenges in next few weeks and likely months. Consider that if you get injured in backcountry and require medical care at a hospital you will be diverting precious resources away from those that truly need them. In Italy and Spain outdoor pursuits have effectively been banned as their restrictions mean you can only go outside for pharmacy or groceries. Please consider this and stay safe when making decisions in the backcountry.
This is a good food for thought, I had the same concerns run through my mind this past weekend.
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
Thanks Z - this would be prudent for IKON.  Thinking a 5-10% discount might be warranted but the pass is such a good deal I'll buy it at their asking price.  I run a business but not a ski area and cannot imagine the challenges of doing so...will cut them some slack.  Feel bad for the employees.  There's always next season...

Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
onscott wrote
Feel bad for the employees.
The lodges in Alta are giving their employees three days to pack and leave.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
Some good news
Just don't feel like calling it good news this sinario

"WELL DONE Indy Pass WELL DONE! Adding extra value to your pass here.

If you were not able to redeem ANY tickets on your Indy Pass we will provide you with a 30% discount on next season’s pass.

If you purchased a pass after February 17th at our late season price of $139, and were not able to use it, we will credit 100% of your purchase towards a full-priced pass for next year.

We are excited to announce our line-up of resorts for the 2020-21 season and expect many great new areas will be added. The Indy Pass will not be going up in price and we do not need your money until the fall. On September 1 we will go on sale again for $199 and will issue instructions on how to redeem rebates if you qualify.

https://www.indyskipass.com
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
If you were serious about this social distancing thing you would post less often and wash your hands before you do.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
Yes I wash my hands a lot
I post and read ski forum for it like a magazine but better for sure great advice
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Apparently Gov. Sununu thinks keeping ski lifts running is a good idea.  Cannon, Bretton Woods, and Waterville Valley.  As noted on another ski forum, the Sununu family is a major owner of WV.  The Gov. resigned as CEO in 2016 before he took office.  Hmmmm . . .
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
People from NH take that live free or die thing very seriously

I’ve come around on this from last week.  I admit I had a very hard time processing this loss of the ski season.   I’d like to say close the lodge, no rentals, all ticket sales on line,  just run a couple lifts.  I skied with a doc friend of mine last weekend and his take is being outdoors at low density is really low risk.  but that still brings a lot of potentially infected people to the area that will spread thru other interactions in the community.

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
My gut says NH has maybe 48 hours more or so until these places shut down too.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
 Staring today, Greek Peak is handing out care packagers to their seasonal employee's. Great idea.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
We closed yesterday at 4.

Good call. There’s no need to bring people from all over to congregate in one place.

It’s snowing now.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote
People from NH take that live free or die thing very seriously
FYI:
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Maybe change it to live free and die?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
Harvey wrote
Maybe change it to live free and die?
"Ski Free and Die"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
So dumb.

We are fucked.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Numerous social media posts by college kids taking in a typical spring break trip to Florida were triggering my wife and daughter yesterday.  Idiot college kids.  Young adults seem to be a problem too.  They just don’t get it.  They may not get sick, or feel sick if they catch it....but they will spread it and put others at risk.  Sure, realistically the world can’t shut down forever...but at least for now, come on.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
What’s the general situation in NH? How shut down are other businesses up there?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
1 ... 13141516171819 ... 30