Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Voile Charger Love....

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Cunningstunts wrote
SBR - isn't the Super/Hyper Charger the replacement? https://www.voile.com/voile-supercharger-skis.html
Yes, but there is no BC version (as in fishscale). True Charger Love requires fishscales. I just re-read this entire thread, it is pretty hilarious and includes some characters that seemed to have moved on.

I didn't even notice that!

Question: Did you guys mount your Voile's up per their recommendation. I just did my Objectives and man, I've never had a binding that far forward. I'm kind of nervous about it (as in I don't really want to remount). I know some people say it works great, others go further back than Voile recommends.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
This post was updated on .
Cunningstunts wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Cunningstunts wrote
SBR - isn't the Super/Hyper Charger the replacement? https://www.voile.com/voile-supercharger-skis.html
Yes, but there is no BC version (as in fishscale). True Charger Love requires fishscales. I just re-read this entire thread, it is pretty hilarious and includes some characters that seemed to have moved on.

I didn't even notice that!

Question: Did you guys mount your Voile's up per their recommendation. I just did my Objectives and man, I've never had a binding that far forward. I'm kind of nervous about it (as in I don't really want to remount). I know some people say it works great, others go further back than Voile recommends.
I mounted my Chargers . (ChargerLove - TM) boot center to centerline on the ski. They've been that way since the beginning. I don't think it's a forward mounting position at all. Voile did their homework. Trust them.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Cunningstunts
^^ That is hilarious.

I seem to recall that I mounted the Chargers on the recommended line. TD or Shaman would likely be able to give better technical details.

Edit: as he has already done. So, just to be clear, my hilarious comment is directed at CS' video, not TD's binding mount advice
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Yup - I got it.

Thanks guys.  The new ones are even farther forward than the older models.  Like another cm or two.

I do trust them.  I guess the symptom if not would be me face planting more than usual?

Also, save your pennies for the new Hypers (the carbon/paulownia models).  My Objectives are this layup and they are unreal light and stiff.  Literally they don't even feel real.  I have XC skis that are half the width and about the same weight.  And you can grab that shovel and wrench it, it doesn't budge.

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
^^ That is hilarious.

I seem to recall that I mounted the Chargers on the recommended line. TD or Shaman would likely be able to give better technical details.

Edit: as he has already done. So, just to be clear, my hilarious comment is directed at CS' video, not TD's binding mount advice
Well isn't that special.  I got all stoked thinking you loved my "ChargerLove - TM"
Oh well.  Life chargerers on.  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
In reply to this post by Cunningstunts
I use Voile's recommended binding mount on my Objective and V6 BC's, as well as my new V8's mounted for alpine, and it is perfect imo.

Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Darkside Shaman wrote
I use Voile's recommended binding mount on my Objective and V6 BC's, as well as my new V8's mounted for alpine, and it is perfect imo.
Great, thanks for the info!
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
I am here to post an update to this o-so-important thread.
CHARGER LOVE! (TM)
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
More Charger Love from the Hinterlands. A new crew member named Dafe shreds tele at Limberlost yesterday:

Photo: Justin R
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
^ Noice!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I get it now.  Is there a standard "I get it" paragraph for first timers, that I can paste below, that highlights insanely good climbing, decent glide, and turny rocker? What more do you want.  Money.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Harvey wrote
I get it now.  Is there a standard "I get it" paragraph for first timers, that I can paste below, that highlights insanely good climbing, decent glide, and turny rocker? What more do you want.  Money.
Nah, just getting it is enough. Welcome to the club.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Winner winner, sashimi dinner!!!!
FKNA, and +++++++ vibes+++++

Congrats Harv!
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Long time no Charger Love. Today I experimented with a radical waxing technique to enhance climbing without giving up too much glide: I put grip wax on the fishscales as well as the tip and tail. Happy to report that it worked well. Here is how to do it.

First, root around in the wax box and find the most obscure temperature-appropriate wax you possess that may have pine tar as an ingredient (or not):

As usual, work from tip to tail and spread love gently:

Finally, hold the cork on a bit of angle, and work from side to side to rub it in:

Set outside for a while so the skis get to ambient temperature, then off you go.

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Given that I joined SBR in Chargering today, I would be amiss to add that I used the bog standard method of grip waxing the tip and tail only, and glide waxed the scales.  
I used a rub-on paste wax for the scales, and hot waxed the tip and tail with SkiGo Green Pine Tar Grip...  
There were two winners today, both won with ChargerLove!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Cross post from TFTH.   No matter, as its all about ChargerLove tm.

Although YMMV, these skis will ski right up the steps to an upper tee on a par 4.

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I want some version of this very badly but I just can’t justify it since I’m a 98% lift served skier. Still want them though
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Brownski wrote
I want some version of this very badly but I just can’t justify it since I’m a 98% lift served skier. Still want them though
But if you had some version of this your lift skiing percentage would go way down. Sort of a "if you build it, they will come" kind of thing.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Not around this neck of the woods, there is snow on the ground about 4 weeks per year...and its not 4 weeks in a row.
1 ... 1011121314