classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
273 messages Options
1 ... 7891011121314
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Voile Charger Love....

Telemark Dave
Very nice.  Could you possibly take the time to lean them against something next time?  Apparently that's an expectation that we should endeavor to meet. Bikes, skis, heck even selfies..
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

moguljunkie
Still haven't pulled the trigger on a pair of Voiles yet. Have gone from definitely in the Charger camp to possibly in the Vector camp. Anxiously awaiting a report and comparison from Darkside Shaman after he tries out his new Vector BCs. (And then praying for a way to find either one of these skis at a reasonable price.)
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
I don't think you could go wrong with either Voile... If I had the $ for yet another quiver addition, it would be the Vectors.. Just to fill the quiver gap between my Chargers and my old Karhu Guides.. (They were the money ski today..).  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

moguljunkie
Ended up going with the Vector BC's in 180. Since I will have a one-ski quiver, figured I should get a ski that's a little more versatile. Thanks for the input!
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
4 days in on the Vectors and I made the right decision. Disclaimer to start: I had a 171 Charger and I now have the 181 Vectors. Vectors obviously much faster in the kick and glide. Turning: well obviously the shorter Chargers were more smeary, but the Vectors held their own, and as, ahem,eh,eh, guy that likes to save his energy and just parallel , the Vectors in the 181 are really fun to drop the knee and they rip.
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Bro you RIPPED the tele the last few days.  More than I'd seen in a day from you. I was wondering what was up.

Telerip t2b on the East side was something to behold.

Admittedly OT, I'm looking for an excuse to post in this thread.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
Darkside Shaman wrote
4 days in on the Vectors and I made the right decision. Disclaimer to start: I had a 171 Charger and I now have the 181 Vectors. Vectors obviously much faster in the kick and glide. Turning: well obviously the shorter Chargers were more smeary, but the Vectors held their own, and as, ahem,eh,eh, guy that likes to save his energy and just parallel , the Vectors in the 181 are really fun to drop the knee and they rip.
Niiiice.... Thanks Darkside, now I want...
Though right about now here, the best ski for the slushy icy hardscrabble is prolly my old Catamounts.... Proof positive that a quiver is worth investing in, and hanging onto.  My Cats have been amortizing for 19 years... Almost paid off ..
Vectors next!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Admittedly OT, I'm looking for an excuse to post in this thread.
Harv, you don't need an excuse to post here.  Just love.
A pic of your skis leaning against an inanimate object would suffice too.

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Telemark Dave wrote
A pic of your skis leaning against an inanimate object would suffice too.
As in, a post?

Full report here.

I have to say that the Chargers keep growing on me. Or am I falling more deeply in love? Today they filled the role of awesome sliding snowshoes in the half-frozen glop in our woods, plus allowed for some reasonable turns. And they match my Carhartts:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
Sick Bird Rider wrote
 And they match my Carhartts:

carhartts and cool sneakers  
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Yup.... That's the way.. They look almost as good leaning as they do on ones feet skiing..

And yes, gloppy sloppy snow + Voile Chargers = Charger Love.  
Well played, SBR.  
Oh, and thanks for posting in this most important of threads..
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Lean on me...

(x-post from TFTH)
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Charger Love today, the snow was firm and crusty... The Chargers shrugged off everything including 'biler tracks, deer postholes...etc.    
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Further to the above post...
I took my skins, but didn't need them.   The firm and somewhat icy crusty snow dictated low angle climbing - so lots of switchbacks.  
The versatility of the Charger BC's is not readily apparent at first ponder....
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
I just took the plunge but went with the Voile Vector BC.  
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
K man wrote

Soon you'll have Vector Love, K man!
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
... And then you'll have to start a new thread...

Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
In reply to this post by K man
K you won't be unhappy it is a great ski for our local conditions.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
In reply to this post by K man
K man wrote
I love mine
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Darkside Shaman wrote
K man wrote
I love mine
Well that does it... Either I'm going to have to score a pair, or you Vector Lovebirds  will have to start another thread.  

1 ... 7891011121314