273 messages Options
1 ... 891011121314
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Voile Charger Love....

Telemark Dave
http://www.doglotion.com/sneak-peek-201516-ski-gear

Posted this as a new topic, but it also belongs here.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Oh Baby, I feel the wallet wanting to get much lighter.
Those boots look sweet, don't care about graphics on skins though. I still am pining over the chargers, but so far this season I am glad I have waited.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
It was the fish scale G3's that caught my attention.. Though they are Madshus Annum sized, not Vector/Charger competitors..

As for the new Salomon Tech compatible AT boots, there was a quick preview of them in the last Salomon Freeski TV  episode https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GrTEOuny_9c at 3:30.  
(Great episode BTW..)
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
Vector love for sure.  They are just nice light fatish skis on the uphill, but when it turns down Vectors are a blast.  
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
K man wrote
Vector love for sure.  They are just nice light fatish skis on the uphill, but when it turns down Vectors are a blast.

Voile should be putting us on their payroll...
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I skied with a guy riding Voile Vector BCs last week. He reapply liked them but hated their lack of glide when in the Daks. He said he would rather just use kick wax. He liked how they skied though.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
I agree with the glide, but it is pretty decent for a ski that is 95 underfoot, and kickwaxing here can sometimes be fickle. I skied my local tour today in record time for me with the Vectors, but there were places that I said to myself that a waxable ski would even be faster.
I hedged my bet when I sold my Charger BC's with buying the Vector BC and the Chargers waxable. I have a kicker skin, and a full length skin for the Chargers. With the impending storm I will compare the Chargers to the Vectors and report.
Yes, sometimes being a ski whore pays off...
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Darkside Shaman wrote
Yes, sometimes being a ski whore pays off...

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Cross post of a pic from the Hintertland Tales... Chargers loving the woods, and me, loving the Chargers..
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Off Piste magazines ski review.  Yes, they have Charger Love too!
http://offpistemag.com/full-2015-ski-reviews/

Click the link to the PDF file...
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Here's another pic of SBR Charging... Keep those tips up!
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
An updated review on "Earn Your  Turns" .

http://www.earnyourturns.com/29330/review-voile-charger-bc/
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Chargers getting a little love now that we have some snow. The piddly little Easy Glide applicator just doesn't seem quite up to the task. I'm thinking a paint roller might work better.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
If you insist on using liquids, then go with the Toko.  It has a wide applicator.  Unfortunately, the formula has been revised so you won't get a buzz from the fumes anymore.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Telemark Dave wrote
If you insist on using liquids, then go with the Toko.  It has a wide applicator.  Unfortunately, the formula has been revised so you won't get a buzz from the fumes anymore.  
I hate the smell of that Toko stuff.

Gonna see if the LSS can get me some Zardoz. That stuff is the bomb.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Yessiree, Zardoz rules....order another for me.  Puuuhhhlease! And thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
^ Working on it.

And Zardoz has other uses, who knew it could be used on skins (bold text is my addition):

zardoznotwax.com wrote
NOTwax is an inert liquid, so it will not affect the glue of your skins. However, if you put it on right before your skins, the base will be somewhat wet with NOTwax and the skins will have trouble sticking. It's best to apply NOTwax at the top of your climb after pulling your skins off. Otherwise, just polish the base after applying NOTwax with a tissue or shirt sleeve and then attach your skins. NOTwax can also be used as a quick fix on the skin material to reduce icing (this is how we originally discovered it), on the top sheets and binding plates to reduce snow build up, on sleds, squeaky bindings, stuck twist lock mechanisms, and any other moving part. It’s a great multi-purpose lubricant for every backcountry skier’s tool kit. It works extremely well on the furry side of the skin to help prevent the buildup of snow and ice. As far as the glue, NOTwax is completely inert, so it has no reaction or interference with the glue. However, trying to stick anything to a wet surface is difficult. What we recommend is that people apply NOTwax after they take their skins off and they're getting ready to ski. Otherwise, if they apply NOTwax first, they should buff their ski with a tissue to make sure there is no wet residue of NOTwax before applying their skins. If they are doing "yo-yo" skiing (where you climbing up with your skins, ski down, then climb up again) the NOTwax that they applied at the top run will be sufficiently polished by the time they get down, so that there won't be any issue of applying their skins for the next run.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
I'm pretty sure that Zardoz was originally developed as a skin "wax".  But it proved so effective on bases that, hey why not increase its market appeal...
It really works best on warmer, wetter snow.  Once the temp drops to typical bluebird, cold smoke, morning after the storm minus one zillion, then good old green glide (hydrocarbon, not flourocarbon) waxes are the realistic go-to.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
...Addendum to add that in the above scenario, it probably not a huge issue if you don't wax or apply liquid to the Fish scales on the Charger BC's. (Or any patterned base ski).  

There.  Now that I've said "Charger BC, this thread is back on track...  "TRACK"!!!!!!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Blatant repost from the other thread... Today SBR and I found some a charger Love...

The snow was sketch, but there you go... Proof yet again that yes, you can buy some mad skills to save the day...
1 ... 891011121314