classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
132 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Deer Valley Buys Solitude

PowderAssassin
mattchuck2 wrote
Targhee got tracked out just as fast as JH (and we had someone who claimed to know Targhee showing us spots). If that's the way it goes, I'd rather take the Phenomenal Terrain of Jackson Hole over the mediocre terrain (relatively speaking, of course) of Targhee.
So you ski the corbit's courlet trail at jackson? And I don't mean side step. I mean charge it. I mean unless you're doing some really extreme stuff especially in the bc that borders the ski area there's really no advantage to jackson over gh when it comes to ski terrain. They're both wonderful mountains, but I see no advantage in terrain unless you're doing some crazy expert/bordering on extreme shit. How many people here could actually drop into that trail or huck off 15 foot cliffs? Except for the glade guy of course who gets 75 sessions a year in. lol

I think once a place becomes a international "powder destination" and not a local hill anymore that is bound to happen and to get tracked out quick.
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I would have done it, but it was socked in and closed when I got to the tram the second day, Tram line was too long the first day, would've been in line for about an hour. Not worth it.

There are a couple of good lines at Targhee, but they're over in 2 seconds and you're back to skiing intermediate level powder fields. No thanks, I'll take the sustained vertical and sweet variety of lines that Jackson has to offer.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
Targhee got tracked out just as fast as JH (and we had someone who claimed to know Targhee showing us spots). If that's the way it goes, I'd rather take the Phenomenal Terrain of Jackson Hole over the mediocre terrain (relatively speaking, of course) of Targhee.
So you ski the corbit's courlet trail at jackson? And I don't mean side step. I mean charge it. I mean unless you're doing some really extreme stuff especially in the bc that borders the ski area there's really no advantage to jackson over gh when it comes to ski terrain. They're both wonderful mountains, but I see no advantage in terrain unless you're doing some crazy expert/bordering on extreme shit. How many people here could actually drop into that trail or huck off 15 foot cliffs? Except for the glade guy of course who gets 75 sessions a year in. lol

I think once a place becomes a international "powder destination" and not a local hill anymore that is bound to happen and to get tracked out quick.
Never said I huck off 15 foot cliffs.  But, I do get out a lot.  You often state something that was never true.  Just like you pulled 100mm wide skis out of your ass.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Seriously bro's....this isn't steep enough?  lol....the fact is any blue at these mountains is plenty steep enough to have an absolute blast. But everyone wants to sound core and elite.

14-15 Season:

12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
I would have done it, but it was socked in and closed when I got to the tram the second day, Tram line was too long the first day, would've been in line for about an hour. Not worth it.
LMAO...Classic excuse for not hitting the SIGNATURE trail at jackson all the while bitching about how flat targhee is.
Yeah I actually had this chance to spar with 10 ten ranked heavywieght at my local gym, but I blew my knee out the day before. Otherwise I totally would have done it. Oh yeah I would have hit up the triple overhead macking second reef pipe bombs, but my shoulder was sore...the tide was on it....I didn't have my sunscreen....I didn't have my cheetah man thong.....the story goes on LOL
Dude I would NEVER ski that trail because it's just straight up dangerous and I can have more fun in intermediate blue powder fields. No reason to do that trail for someone just wanting to have fun/99% of the powder skiing public.. I'm man enough to admit it.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
mattchuck2 wrote

Never said I huck off 15 foot cliffs.  But, I do get out a lot.  You often state something that was never true.  Just like you pulled 100mm wide skis out of your ass.
Broski...learn to take a joke. I'm just messing with you. Seriously, stop taking yourself so seriously.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
what is your home mountain again?  
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
The chugach range.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
The chugach range.
We know you don't travel from Alaska to ride Snow Ridge and Bromley so really where do you ride regularly?
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
The chugach range.
We know you don't travel from Alaska to ride Snow Ridge and Bromley so really where do you ride regularly?
I said I couldn't' afford to drive to snow ridge. That's why. It's a long drive from my cabin AK.
Hey how old are you? Are you in your teens?
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
The chugach range.
I said I couldn't' afford to drive to snow ridge. That's why. It's a long drive from my cabin AK.
Hey how old are you? Are you in your teens?
Nope if I was I wouldn't be getting out 75 times a season.  What is your home mountain again?
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade, I got no beef with you. Learn to laugh a little.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade, I got no beef with you. Learn to laugh a little.
What makes you think I would think you have beef with me?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
PowderAssassin wrote
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about
This PowderAssassin guy is a funny character. Can't wait until someone meets him and confirms everyone's suspicions that he's a 16 year old intermediate that struggles to make it down without resorting to wedge turns.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
PowderAssassin wrote
So you ski the corbit's courlet trail at jackson?
Seems legit.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
This PowderAssassin guy is a funny character. Can't wait until someone meets him and confirms everyone's suspicions that he's a 16 year old intermediate that struggles to make it down without resorting to wedge turns.
Ya think
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
PowderAss wrote
Good grief.   "corbit's courlet"?   You're fucking hopeless.

And then the little bed wetter goes on to express disbelief that anyone here would drop it.Tens of thousand's of people have dropped into Corbet's.  I can't see myself ever doing it but there's quite a few people here that I could - including MC.  

Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Noah John wrote
PowderAss wrote
Good grief.   "corbit's courlet"?   You're fucking hopeless.

And then the little bed wetter goes on to express disbelief that anyone here would drop it.Tens of thousand's of people have dropped into Corbet's.  I can't see myself ever doing it but there's quite a few people here that I could - including MC.
Have fun with the injuries skiing trails like that. Skiing can be done relatively safely if you want to. Seriously, listen to ski patrol radio sometime or are you the type that thinks you're invincible? Hey take the risk if you want to, but don't shit on others just because they value their body. All that being said, I was just pointing out his absurd b.s. about complaining about how "flat" grand targhee is all the while not even skiing jackon's hardest trail and does anyone actually believe his excuse? The wait was too long? So you fly all the way there and you're an expert skier whose chasing that type of terrain, yet you never ski it? Yeah ok
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Im wit you powass. Haters are gonna hate.  Be safe out there.  
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
btw at corbet's, most people that "ski" it, don't actually ski it. They don't drop in off the vertical section. They hike/sidestep down to where it's not vertical anymore and then ski the steep pitch. Much easier and not really skiing the trail
THey do this.  This is not really skiing that run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFmKPGcKo0M

Here's some people actually charging it. They're risking their life. No seriously. What they were doing especailly the cliffs to the side of corbets are playing russain roulette with their life. Their adults. It's their decision, but recognize that. Especially the guy doing the backflip. But he has a helmet so he'll be fine....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QRvBARVAzw
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)