classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
132 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Deer Valley Buys Solitude

campgottagopee
gorgonzola wrote
it's all risk/reward dude and it's different for each of us - hell it's different every day for me based on conditions, mojo etc. I don't get what there is to argue about but then again you are a master debater.

This

shit man, even at Greek if the big "O" is all firmed up with bumps I won't even ski that, and that's just a little bump by comparison. I certainly could, but why??? It's not like it would be any fun. My days of having something to prove are loooooong gone and skiing tomorrow, for me, is what it's all about.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
Rabble Rabble Rabble
Dying in avalanches is exactly what I was referring to as far as having the camera in your face goes, so you're saying the exact same thing I am there. Avalanches deaths are due to lack of education, missing an important piece of data, and emotions. For the sake of conversation, say you're skiing inbounds and risk of avalanche death is insignificant. I think you and I just have different perceptions of "extreme skiing". Take the best kid on a highschool football team. You might think he's pretty good. Put him in the NFL and see how good he is then. It's all about perspective. My whole point was the gap in risk of injury between and intermediate skier, a "good" freestyle skier, and a professional freestyle skier is absurd. I don't classify 15 ft airs as something that makes you anything near a professional freeskier. You can fall off of a 15 ft air onto your face on a decent pow day and be nothing more than a bit sore. And chances of screwing it up that badly, are pretty slim. You get one something 40+ feet, then you're in a whole nothing league.  
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
tBatt wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Rabble Rabble Rabble
Dying in avalanches is exactly what I was referring to as far as having the camera in your face goes, so you're saying the exact same thing I am there. Avalanches deaths are due to lack of education, missing an important piece of data, and emotions. For the sake of conversation, say you're skiing inbounds and risk of avalanche death is insignificant. I think you and I just have different perceptions of "extreme skiing". Take the best kid on a highschool football team. You might think he's pretty good. Put him in the NFL and see how good he is then. It's all about perspective. My whole point was the gap in risk of injury between and intermediate skier, a "good" freestyle skier, and a professional freestyle skier is absurd. I don't classify 15 ft airs as something that makes you anything near a professional freeskier. You can fall off of a 15 ft air onto your face on a decent pow day and be nothing more than a bit sore. And chances of screwing it up that badly, are pretty slim. You get one something 40+ feet, then you're in a whole nothing league.

in so few words..
gorgonzola wrote
it's all risk/reward dude and it's different for each of us.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Strange that a guy with the name of PowderAssassin comes on here and tells us how dangerous everything is and we'd be better off sticking to the easier stuff, not driving in the snow, being cautious, etc.

PowderAssassin implies that you're killing it. Maybe you should change your name to PowderWorrywort or PowderBeCareful. PowderDelicateFlower?

I got it! PowderPussy!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
So you think the only thing that sets JH apart from Targhee is Corbets.  Which, until 45 minutes ago, you thought was called "Corbits Courlet".  

Keep your fucking mouth shut.
LOL.

PowderPuss is so easy to smack down. I wish I knew who it was. Is it someone's alias? Some jerkoff kid? The world needs answers. Let's goad him into a safety first ski off down a suitable groomed, low intermediate trail.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote

I got it! PowderPussy!
Bwahahahaha

that's better than Powder Puff
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Guys, lets get cereal here. Turns out this guy is actually PowdePuss.

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
Well it must have changed, but it was 20 years ago when I was there so it probably has.

OK - I'm starting w/ this one!  Their is so much good material in this thread!!

No it stayed exactly the same, nothing changed in 20 years!!! haahhahahaha  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by riverc0il
riverc0il wrote
I only have 1 day of experience at GT but I couldn't see what all the fuse....  I had no knowledge of the place and vis was terrible when I was there, so perhaps an unfair judgment.

So anyways,  and any one that knows me can attest to my preference of ski areas being decidedly against big resorts by default. So, yea.

Wow, one day w/out knowledge and bad viz..  Yeah me thinks you are making not only an unfair judgment but also a very uninformed judgment...  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
I know my wife would go crazy, she is talking about getting a house closer to a major city now and moving back to civilization.
1-800-Divorce-Lawyer......  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
psssst.....Coach.....Eden valley, Utah......don't tell anybody........

umm Powder Mag already did a couple times...  but thx for the secret stash jong!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
I would have done it, but it was socked in and closed when I got to the tram the second day, Tram line was too long the first day, would've been in line for about an hour. Not worth it.

There are a couple of good lines at Targhee, but they're over in 2 seconds and you're back to skiing intermediate level powder fields. No thanks, I'll take the sustained vertical and sweet variety of lines that Jackson has to offer.

dude someone did not give you a good tour....
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
Um, no. Maybe tens of thousands have skied up to the edge to look, and even more have skied it after a few beers at the bar afterwards in their BS dreams, or in internet postings, but, hardly that many have actually dropped in. I wouldn't do it!
Fixed it for you broSki!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote

Get back on your ark and leave the mountains to the real men
hahahahahhahahahahahaha!  that is AWESOME!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Tbatt just let all the air out of my ego, I thought dropping 15' cliffs into western pow made me pro.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
Benny Profane wrote
 I wouldn't do it without a foot of powder in there.
You wouldn't do it with an airbag in there.

FTW!!!  HAHAHAHA WICKED GOOD ONE HPD!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
SJ you're wrecking this thread.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
no way bro!  this thread is epic.  the group zeal to discredit PowderPuff has lead many to post up big tomatoes!  

I laughed more at this thread than any ever posted in here!!

I'm thinking PowderPuff is a legit skier  who's just mucking w/ you all!!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by ml242
hopefully no one lets the air out of benny's corbit air bag!  hahahahahaha

HPD is one funny broski!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
I'd like to know who Powder Pussy is. I think he's been around a while.