Drinking

84 messages Options
1234 ... 9
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Drinking

Idea stolen from a TGR thread.

My foot was kind of hurting me around Christmas. Not enough to bother me too much or stop me from skiing but it kinda scared me that it might get worse.

Danger: I did some doctor google and got this idea that cutting out alcohol and caffeine would help. So I did.  

After about two weeks I went to a sports med doc and he told me that was BS. He basically said it was arthritis and fuck it I should just keep charging down the fall line, so to speak.

Since Christmas I've had maybe 4 glasses of wine and 4 cups of coffee.  Normally I have 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day and maybe 4 glasses of wine a week. I do feel better and so does my toe, but I have no idea if they are related. I lost some weight, not sure if that is related either.

The wine I could care less about, I think. The only time I feel like I REALLY need the coffee are those 3:30 am alarms I set to drive to Plattekill.

Who drinks? Ever give it up for a while?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Re: Drinkin'

I guess I could give up booze pretty easily though if I wanted to avoid it 100% I’d have to change jobs. I would miss beer and whiskey. Wine and the other distilled spirits I wouldn’t miss at all. Coffee would be a lot harder
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

I only drink on days ending in Y
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Alcohol consumption is next to nothing..Coffee on the other hand...
"Peace and Love"
D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

Yep.  I didn't lose weight and I didn't feel any better.

Sounds like you have gout.  If so, you're in good company.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Hey, Dick Cheney, remind me to stand behind you if we ever go hunting.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

In reply to this post by JasonWx
This past week was a bit rough for me. I blacked out twice and on one of those occasions I drove around town eating tacos.

It’s got me thinking it’s time to check myself. Today is day two without any booze, let’s see how long I can pull this off.

Coffee? I love it. Liquor? Not so much or maybe too much?

Apparently my coping skills are shit, I’m 99% sure I have ptsd related anxiety and probably a good dose of depression. Every few days I use alcohol to calm that shit down, been doing this pretty much for 23 years.

This is also part of the reason I’ve always been a bit of an adrenaline junky. I’m thinking that kind of buzz and endorphin high sort of treats depression.

This is probably not going to be easy.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
That's what I thought (via doctor google) but the doc was insistent that that was not the case.  He said "I've seen hundreds of cases and you don't have it. You are old and active. That is all."

Still, I'll probably try some drinking over the summer to see if it starts to hurt again.  
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
D.B. Cooper wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Hey, Dick Cheney, remind me to stand behind you if we ever go hunting.
Time and place for everything bro
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Re: Drinking

In reply to this post by Harvey
I'm in constant pain. Broken ribs over the holidays didn't help..Just getting old..I started taking CBD oil and bunch of other so called natural stuff..Seems to help..Ya just have to work through the pain..
"Peace and Love"
1234 ... 9