Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Coast POW

freeheeln
This post was updated on .
tBatt wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Of course not. Who has skied it on this forum? I don't want to hike miles to ski sub par condtions on a dangerous slope! But for people who are into that stuff, it's a great place!
Myself, MC2, Harv, riverc0il, suds, PeeTex, freeheeln, to start with a few off of the top of my head. I'm sure there's at least 5x more than that.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
I can reasarch Everest and figure out it's a dangerous mountain without hiking it. Same with mt washington. I can say the chugatch range of ak gets a ton of snow without skiing it. These are facts backed up with data.
Can you help those dudes find Bigfoot
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
PowderAssassin wrote
Try it with zero visibility. You're the exact type of person that can end up dying/having to be rescued up there.
Wait, how come it's cool to back off from skiing tucks in poor vis, but backing off of Corbett's makes MattChuck a hack?
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by freeheeln
freeheeln wrote
tBatt wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Of course not. Who has skied it on this forum? I don't want to hike miles to ski sub par condtions on a dangerous slope! But for people who are into that stuff, it's a great place!
Myself, MC2, Harv, riverc0il, suds, PeeTex, freeheeln, to start with a few off of the top of my head. I'm sure there's at least 5x more than that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by freeheeln
There needs to be a database of PowderAss's Asinine comments.  

This one surely makes the list.

PowderAssassin wrote
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
I can reasarch Everest and figure out it's a dangerous mountain without hiking it. Same with mt washington. I can say the chugatch range of ak gets a ton of snow without skiing it. These are facts backed up with data.
through his mighty reasarch ,powass can
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Grillman
In reply to this post by Harvey
I like shout outs to Whiteface....and More Gore too....

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
PowderAssassin wrote

hahahahhahahahahahahahahha  that's funny!  bigfoot inda powass!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
PowderAssassin wrote
Just for comparison. The snowiest place in the contiguous U.S.(mount baker) Now obviously bear in mind some of this is rain especially at lower elevations. You have to know how to read these maps.(keeping in mind how often it rains/how wet snow is ie utah can make more snow with less precip/out west it's not as detailed in the maps ect) Washington is a northern rain forest. But you can see how at upper elvations, the place gets absolutely hammered with snow.
http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/cmb/extremes/ncec/national-seasonal-snowfall-record.pdf
Rainer station average
http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?wa6898
You should do PowdieAzz Snow Tours. All from behind the keyboard. You can tweet them around the mountain

Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Mt Baker doesn't have B-Netting on the sides of their trails.  Infact to ski the middle of the area you need pieps and a shovel. They do get the most snow on average in the US but last I saw they were on the west coast and this is about East Coast Pow...which as great a mountain WF is and Kudos...you either need to be lucky or local to hit it on a powder day.  I've skied Tux in knee deep powder and it was worth every step of up hill.
There is a great powder hill in Saranac Lake that I think PowAss would enjoy, they have B-Netting and wide open trails...Mt. Pisgah  

Snow Ridge would be my pow in NY and Jay in the NE.  MRG definitely gets the goods too

I can't believe I am reading these pissing matches...I'll say it again...we need snow soon
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
sudsnbumps wrote
I can't believe I am reading these pissing matches...I'll say it again...we need snow soon
I can't believe I'm pissing in these pissing matches.

Yes, snow please.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Meh, I'd rather it stays warm until winter actually starts. Ok, maybe one teaser would be cool.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
ml242 wrote
Meh, I'd rather it stays warm until winter actually starts. Ok, maybe one teaser would be cool.

x2
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
We need some cooler temps to freeze the ground so snow will stick not melt when it falls. But I'm good w the temps now since once again I choose a mtn bike over house insulation this year..... thank goodness oil is under 3.50 a gallon!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
After this soaking I want it to dry out so I can push some leaves around
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
We need some cooler temps to freeze the ground so snow will stick not melt when it falls. But I'm good w the temps now since once again I choose a mtn bike over house insulation this year..... thank goodness oil is under 3.50 a gallon!
Plus one on cold temps, freeze the ground and the lakes (except Ontario).

Man gas is "cheap."  $2.95.  Fracking I guess.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
Harvey wrote
!

Man gas is "cheap."  $2.95.  Fracking I guess.
    When gas gets under 2 bucks a gallon , then I will call it cheap, 10 gals for 20 bucks sounds good for ski trip budget.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Aaah a voice of reason!

Oh wait it's the new ha road.....

Diesels cheaper asshole . lol. Stfu

Oh and I paid 2.81 for in the dirty jeez yesterday!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gunny J
Gunny J wrote
When gas gets under 2 bucks a gallon , then I will call it cheap, 10 gals for 20 bucks sounds good for ski trip budget.
Watch what you wish for.  Might need another full on economic meltdown for this to come to pass.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
+1

There is a line in some song I have heard somewhere (don't know the name or artist) that reads "Be careful what you wish for, cause you just might get it all, then some that you don't want."  You would probably want cheap gas, but not a full economic meltdown that comes with it.
I've lived in New York my entire life.