East Coast POW

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
94 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Coast POW

Gunny J
 Economics class Sno, supply and demand , Shale gas is turning most vehicle fleets away from gas. As this happens gas supplies grow prices ease.  Remember Katrina 2005 first time prices went over 3 bucks. Sno you were still  a toddler
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Kind of. The Shale gas has apparently ticked off the Saudis, so they're going to keep increasing supply to bankrupt American companies since it is unprofitable to make below $80/barrel.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
ml242 wrote
Kind of. The Shale gas has apparently ticked off the Saudis, so they're going to keep increasing supply to bankrupt American companies since it is unprofitable to make below $80/barrel.
The estimated range is $60-$80/barrel where drilling is unprofitable. There is another theory that the Saudis are continuing to pump so much oil in order to put economic strain on Russia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Yeah, not drift this thread even more off topic though. I just think everything about the cost of tea in china has to do with more than one thing, it's just how it goes.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Here's the same map only 17 years newer and snow not precipitation.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Glade Runner wrote
I want that in hi-res!

Post a link to the source?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Harvey wrote
Glade Runner wrote
I want that in hi-res!

Post a link to the source?
https://www.facebook.com/NWSBurlington/photos/a.187811151290794.45023.161924887212754/756635971074973/?type=1&fref=nf
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Thanks Glade Runner.

This will live here now:

http://directory.nyskiblog.com/Northeast-Average-Snowfall-Map-tp5001495.html
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
"Jeff Blittersdorf You missed Jay Peak/Smuggs which both regularly report approx 300" per year.
November 13 at 7:42am

US National Weather Service Burlington VT keep in mind two important points: 1) the resolution of the data that make up the map is in 5km "boxes", so it's going to be impossible to capture every single detail that occurs across the mountains. 2) the data can only be estimated based upon official observations, and with the exception of Mt Mansfield & Mt Washington, there are no observations for the snowfall at the various mountain summits.
5 · November 13 at 7:52am"
I found this exchange funny. People just don't get it.

LOL.....They didn't miss anything. There's no official nws data showing that type of snowfall. PERIOD. It's funny how NWS gave a politically correct answer though. They probably didn't' want to get trolled to death by EC skiers desperate for their claim to powder fame in northern vermont. Again, climate data in surrounding area including  high elevation areas in areas of upslope effect right nearby. Data from the base of jay peak and precip measusrements....nothing backs up those measurement in northern vermont. It's simply the resorts reporting.

14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User

Here is some data for you.  I like to get my data directly from the mountain. That was today.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote

Here is some data for you.  I like to get my data directly from the mountain. That was today.
Not a trail my man. That's waist deep pow. 3-4 feet of freshies in northern vermont? LOL Please somebody post a video of someone on a trail skiing waist deep pow. Not a 2 second shot. Please show an entire trail. Love to see it :)
14-15 Season:

12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Ok...here's a classic example. Stowe has had 32 inches of snow so far this year with 23 inches in the past 7 days in it's snow report AND has been blowing snow with a huge snow making system. So why the hell are almost all the trails closed if they got all that snow? Only 20 open for tomorrow(out of 116). 32 inches of snow and a HUGE snowmaking system and they can't open more trails? Hmmmm....especially with the waist to chest deep pow out there.
http://www.stowe.com/ski-ride/conditions/
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
I'm not going to lie that was no northern Vermont.  This time of year you have to hit up the lake effect.  That was opening day at Holiday Valley today.  It didn't take long for the trails open to be tracked out but, I had fresh lines every run till I left on closed trails and unmarked woods.  Very light 27 inches of powder.  No base but, that places isn't steep enough to have to cut hard anyways.  And the ski dicks didn't bother us for hitting closed trails loaded with pow.  After a while we started doing it right in front of them not even worried if they'd take our ticket.  I got my $25 worth.  Never waited in a single line and I rode probably 3 times the amount of runs I was able to at Killington a few Sundays back (and more vertical each run to) in half the amount of time.  Day 2 of pow tomorrow as 35" awaits at Snow Ridge.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
I'm not going to lie that was no northern Vermont.  This time of year you have to hit up the lake effect.  That was opening day at Holiday Valley today.  It didn't take long for the trails open to be tracked out but, I had fresh lines every run till I left on closed trails and unmarked woods.  Very light 27 inches of powder.  No base but, that places isn't steep enough to have to cut hard anyways.  And the ski dicks didn't bother us for hitting closed trails loaded with pow.  After a while we started doing it right in front of them not even worried if they'd take our ticket.  I got my $25 worth.  Never waited in a single line and I rode probably 3 times the amount of runs I was able to at Killington a few Sundays back (and more vertical each run to) in half the amount of time.  Day 2 of pow tomorrow as 35" awaits at Snow Ridge.
I'm jealous. If you like pow and good quality snow, lake effect areas are the best places to be.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)