classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
244 messages Options
1 ... 567891011 ... 13
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

Danzilla
Harv - great to see you yesterday! Wish i would have known that tawahus glades were open. Never made it to the North Side. Up top was a little scratchy by the afternoon. Double was running at 1pm. Lower stielhang was a little skied off but nice to be on natural. A great week all in all for us. Burnt ridge was our favorite area for the week. Hope they put in a few more trails over there.

In regards to snowmaking I have to agree- most of the trails they have snow on should be good for the season. Hawkeye was the only trail yesterday that showed wear by the end of the day. A GREAT big shout out to the snowmakers and groomers for an A+ job this year. I think Gore really did step it up this year. If a few more trail (and glades) were open you wouldn't know it was such a bad snow fall year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowhunter
Great skiing today!  Kudos to the Gore Mtn snow making crew!  I did what I call a sampler today:  I skied all over the mountain never repeating a single run and things were good all over.  Run of the day?  Lies (just because it's the first time I've ever skied it and I really enjoyed it).  Blue skies most of the day and I had the pleasure of meeting a lot of great people on the lifts (I normally ski mid-week and end up soloing on the chairs so this was a treat).
Reply | Threaded
|

Raymo40
DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE. Thanks for blowing snow and opening it up. Hulabaloo under the guns was great.

Chatti au natural was fun too.

All in all a great day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Danzilla
Danzilla - great to see you too. (Did you get the pic I emailed?) Tahawas was a nice surprise. My run down there was one of my best this weekend. We are also lovin BR.

Snowhunter - first time on Lies? That's BIG!

Raymo - totally agree - Hullabaloo was the bomb.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowhunter
Thanks Harv!  It definitely was to me!  I'll admit to having been very intimidated by the double diamond designation but in the end I enjoyed the challenge and the feeling of accomplishment after "skiing" it rather than just "surviving" it.  I'm looking forward to skiing it again.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Harv - got the pic thanks!  It was busy getting out of the house yesterday.  Didn't make it to the hill.  We were pretty worn out after 9 days of riding so we just headed south.  I have two weekends off before we head back north.  Hoping we get some between now and then.
Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
skiing was good today,better early,kinda scraped in spots as the day went on,,chilly,nver warmed up much.hadnt been there in 3 days,and couldnt believe how much stuff had been beat down,,way too get after it.some woods stil skied good,but getting harder too find fresh,where up until this weekend was pretty easy too do.was surprised that there wasnt a whole lot of people there,top of the mt was less crowded than a normal mid week.so glad too see the dark side open,wicked cool..but shud of been done weeks or even months ago,but thats a whatever thing..                        so all in all it was a good day,ill b back tomorrow..so get out there and enjoy it cause the season just got another day shorter
my friend kerri,guess where
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
nice avatar! is that todays photo or the one from the other day ?
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
the other day,just figured id make her famous
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
well she does have a trail named for her ,thats more than you or i
Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
In reply to this post by Snowhunter
Gore was great today a few icy patches late this afternoon but great.

The girls love it and if you watch you lines on a snowboard its not too bad on the the flats.  Didn't take long for the girls to just ask for more slope Showcase, Wild Air, wonderful mountain to ski and we didn't touch but a part of it .

Thanks everyone. I will post some pics.

Getting some light snow tonight gonna be out first thing.

The girls at the saddle.
Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
This post was updated on .
very good day on the hill,hard to believe that less than inch wood make that much of a difference,but that little bit was nice,my pick of the day tho was some place where we wernt spose too b,but it skied real well.all tho the temp was in the 40s it was snowing when i left,and calling for some more tonite,hopeful for sure.
 still no crowds tho,not good for the pocket book,ive seen more people on coke wensday than today,very strange.
 gore has a pretty nice prmo going on starting sunday,season pass holders can get i friend a day for half price,pretty good attempt at getting some business.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
skiing where we are supposed to isnt as much fun
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
Temps in the low 40s all day with alternating clouds and blue skies.  We even saw a little bit of snow.  Not enough to matter, but enough to put a smile on our faces.  With the sun out, the lower mountain runs were mash potatoey early, though Sagamore and Echo were a bit protected and skied better throughout.  Spent most of the day on upper mountain runs.  No active snowmaking going on during the day.  High Peak's chair was running and I stayed off Hulabaloo as I am not up to the moguls, proof being my crash yesterday where I pulled my left calf muscle. :(  My daughter Sarah wanted to take it easy on me, since my calf is still sore, but she really wanted to do Lies and couldn't possibly let her do it alone, so down we went for our first time, ever!  Yay!  Twice more to boot! Patches of brown starting to show through in some areas and it was pretty muddy at the base lodge by the end of the day. See you manana!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by northerncajun
northerncajun ... glad it's working out for you.  I get a warm feeling when somebody new checks out Gore and digs it.

Outlaw - also digging that new avatar. Having a hard time adjusting to the screenname tho.

Reply | Threaded
|

poindexter
Today was fantastic.  We woke up to drizzle at our house in North Creek, and didn't have high hopes as we drove up the Gore access road.  Coming down Uncas to the  Straightbrook chair, I noticed something unusual - a lot of snow!  Even lower Chatiemac was completely covered.  The whole top of the mountain received a bunch of snow last night. Straightbook glades were really nice, and Hullaballo and Lower Darby were great, but the highlight of the day was when they dropped the rope on the Darkside Glades. CMR remarked that it looked like the Cross Bronx Expressway in there, because it was pretty crowded for a while, but the piles of powder were really fun.  Topridge and Uncas were great, and the lower mountain was mushy but very skiable. Tahawus glades were good too. We never made it over to Burnt Ridge but I heard it was pretty nice over there as well. We have our fingers crossed for tomorrow - I hope that it's more snow than rain.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Poindexter... thanks for the report.

The website reported no snow. Maybe because there was none at the base where Gore reports from.

Can you give me an estimate?
Reply | Threaded
|

k123
Sounds good! Are any other glades (esp. the ones on Burnt Ridge) close to being opened, if they get another 6+ inches?
Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
harv i wood say 3 too 4 with pockets of more,brought alot of stuff back in play nicely.no new at the base,the line was about 2/3 up the gondi then all snow,and it was good snow too.there were a few more people there but not too bad at all,good too see people out.hopeful that they going too get some more tomorrow.
 heres free heelin being all tele bad .
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
things started out poorly for me today .rotty cobros gave it up first thing, right side of right ski binder completely stripped not a single thread to grab on to. guess there is a life expectancy after all.said seeya to noted local and outlaw limped down to lift 10 gingerly loaded rode unloaded downloaded on gondi. headed to the gear source.jeff took a look, set me up with necessary parts ,on my way i went . back up on the hill less than an hour round trip.what a day saver , cant thank jeff enough!so fortunate to have a shop like that so close.i ll be back in soon to support the shop. back on the hill the group had grown .played around on the darkside for awhile ,nice and soft, skiis ran real quiet for a change.poked in some wood havin fun there too,tho there are some ice flows under the evergreens.things skiing real nice hear theres more on the way !
1 ... 567891011 ... 13