1 ... 678910111213
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

Harvey
Administrator
freeheeln wrote
..headed to the gear source.jeff took a look, set me up with necessary parts ,on my way i went . back up on the hill less than an hour round trip.what a day saver , cant thank jeff enough!..
Pretty much the same experience I had at Gear Source EXCEPT for me it was not a day saver - it was a WEEK saver.

Jeff pulled a screw I need for my heel throw off a brand new binding and just gave it to me.  I had to tackle him to get him to take 3 bucks from me.

I have been a diehard Gear Source supporter ever since.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

k123
I know the site say 4 inches, but is there any more snow up top from this storm?  Any wind holds today?
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
one word for today...GOREGASMIC!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter.Hines
This post was updated on .
Gore was pretty good today.  Plenty of glades open.  The gondola was limited to five peeps. Great snow this morning skier's left on lower Hawkeye. The best snow I found all day was on Sagamore which should be good again tomorrow.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
they opened  rumor ,goat path to bail out to lies above last drop.was incredibly deep,not much base, was really cool for a few runs.everything skiied really well ,trails and woods .not alot of folks out on the hill.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Mountain skied small today  no darkside, north or Burnt Ridge but I was able to find some things to make me happy.  Rumor was bumped nicely and skied great.  The woods that you could get to had nice cover and anything groomed stayed nice all day with the lack of people.  As a season pass holder I have no problem with the closings during the week.  There was plenty there for me...not sure if day pass purchasers would feel the same.  I guess I missed the best weekend of the year but sloppy seconds weren't too bad
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

k123
In reply to this post by freeheeln
freeheeln wrote
they opened  rumor ,goat path to bail out to lies above last drop.was incredibly deep,not much base, was really cool for a few runs.everything skiied really well ,trails and woods .not alot of folks out on the hill.
The rumor was so deep it was amazing.  Straight brook, mineshaft, and tahawaus glades were nice too.  
Reply | Threaded
|

poindexter
Rumor was really nice on Sunday.  My legs were shot after 6 straight days of skiing, but I managed to get through it a couple of times.  Even my kids, who have endless energy, said the fourth time down was tough. This is the mountain adventure group + me

photo courtesy of CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
couple of new made the hill ski pretty well today.everything has been skiied into  place , should rock for those of you who can make it up tomorrow.base is firm , ready for that new snow.great to see them putting tower pads and stringing ropes  on lift 10.heard of possibilities hudson chair may be in the works for the wkend. great to see that gore is not throwing in the towel and are expanding terrain,of course we are always out in front of that.well except for that last thing . condor and outlaw  hope your skiis arent too badly dinged up.i think woodin was our only  full trail we skied today everything else included woods.
Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
just a flesh wound,but stoped looking at my bases a long time ago..skiing was real good,good lunch,good friends,good every thing,,no back to reality,,totaly bummed,,
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Gonna miss ya.. But we'll rip it up for ya!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
Gore is great already planning some trips for next year if I can't get back soon enough to go this year.

You can find anything you need at Gore great mountain!! Loved it.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by outlaw 1
yea  know its a bummer weekdays wont be the same with out you see ya on sunday.
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
In reply to this post by freeheeln
freeheeln wrote
 condor and outlaw  hope your skiis arent too badly dinged up.i think woodin was our only  full trail we skied today everything else included woods.

tuned them all up. look brandy new!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowhunter
Powder morning at Gore!  I'd say that they got up to a foot.  It was hard work in places but a lot of fun.  Heard lots of hoots and hollers as people were having a blast.  Saw lots of people in the trees and heard lots of chatter of secret stashes on the lifts.  The Darkside was open.  I would have liked to stay longer but couldn't.  It was definitely worth dealing with the roads this morning.  Can't wait to get back there tomorrow.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Magnifecent Day!!!! Met up with Fuji early on and ripped Rumor to bottom, then more freshies everywhere especially firsties on Snoops, 350, 1adam12, h1n1, and others!
Great to enjoy it with my great friends especially the surprise guest, outlaw1!

Tomorrow the stash!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
outlaw got a reprieve !i keep missing the big days by 1 maybe next time . good to hear you guys had a got the goods
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
freeheeln wrote
outlaw got a reprieve !i keep missing the big days by 1 maybe next time . good to hear you guys had a got the goods
Awesome day for sure.
Half the mountain was closed today. Go park at the Ski bowl and enjoy the fresh of the other half, all to yourself.

Bossman is making me work tomorrow, after getting him a 1/2 price ticket and giving him a deluxe tour of the mountain today.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
fujative wrote
Awesome day for sure.
Half the mountain was closed today. Go park at the Ski bowl and enjoy the fresh of the other half, all to yourself.

Bossman is making me work tomorrow, after getting him a 1/2 price ticket and giving him a deluxe tour of the mountain today.
From what I heard that side has been hit too!

Fuje take consolation in the thought that you schralped 5 of the best hours at Gore this season, and a few hrs elsewhere.

Boss man... COMAWN.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
I am day dreaming of what lies on the "Little Hill" today from work. *sigh*
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
1 ... 678910111213