354 messages Options
1 ... 3456789 ... 18
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

MC2 5678F589
Footer wrote
Personally, I don't want to see patrol have to go into the woods and pull someone out because they jumped a rope.  It is a waste of resources... and if that person decides to sue for their ACL they popped it raises my ticket price.
It would take a lot of balls to duck a rope then sue for damages when you get hurt. Can't imagine that happens very often.

But, yes, that's my point. Nobody from the mountain will ever say: "sure, duck ropes, ski closed trails, ski ob, do whatever you want". They're more likely to take a hardline stance (especially in anything written down). You just have to follow the rules, and if you get caught breaking them, rely on your natural charm to get you out of it. I, for one, have very little natural charm, so I try not to break the rules that often.
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
mattchuck2 wrote
It would take a lot of balls to duck a rope then sue for damages when you get hurt. Can't imagine that happens very often.
I would not put it past any 13 year olds lawyer mother from filing anything.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
Footer wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
that kid just needs to be hit more
Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
came on for conditions,not all this dribble drabble,,but il put my two cents in,,rules suck,ropes suck,i follow neither,,catch us if u can
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
I, for one, have very little natural charm, so I try not to break the rules that often.
Oh, you  too?  Describes me to a T.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by Pants
Pants wrote
Footer wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
that kid just needs to be hit more

I've found that to be the answer to most of life's problems.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Harvey
Got out this morning. Great coverage for pre-Xmas. Guns were still going hard on Rumor. The bottom skied great. Up top was pretty firm in spots after getting skied off, but fun. Darkside had snowmaking whales to play on. Ducked into "Darby Woods" (DON'T WORRY DACKERDAN IT WAS OPEN!) I made three turns and took a hard left out to Lower Darby after muscling through the gack. Darkside Glades never opened, but I would not have gone in after that anyway.

"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
 I made three turns and took a hard left out to Lower Darby after muscling through the gack.
sorry YUKON ,posted that yesterday. outlaw is  right too much dribble drabble for conditions thread.thanks DD ,you probly made that up just to start trouble
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
freeheeln wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
 I made three turns and took a hard left out to Lower Darby after muscling through the gack.
sorry YUKON ,posted that yesterday. outlaw is  right too much dribble drabble for conditions thread.thanks DD ,you probly made that up just to start trouble
No worries. I saw your post when I got back to work. I didn't go in hot since it was likely pretty thin anyway.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Txt from Yukon Cornelius:
Rainy Day
"Greetings from the top of the Gore Gondola"

From what I'm seeing on Facebook, skiing looks decent or better.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
They say fog is really hard on snow.

Two days ago Gore was great. Think I'll go cry.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Return to quicksilver.
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
In reply to this post by Snowballs
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
We didnt loose much snow in Lake George yet and now are getting freezing rain.  How much snow has gore lost so far?
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
Gore lost quite a bit from Friday to Saturday. Lots or bare spots, but quite a few trails still in good shape.

I thought about going today, but with it below freezing I was afraid it would be an ice rink early.

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by DackerDan
DackerDan wrote
Snowballs wrote
They say fog is really hard on snow.

Two days ago Gore was great. Think I'll go cry.
Yea, was planning to ski for the next 3 days. I think I'll call my dentist and schedule a root canal, I don't need one but it sure beats watching what is happening around here.
I can't believe that Gore got it so bad.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Harvey
The skiing was actually very good on Saturday, although you could hear water flowing downhill under the lift. Anything steep was really fun since you could trust most turns. Lower mountain was a little more work. I was soaked through by 12:30.
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
From Gore's Facebook:

Groomers and snowmakers are hitting things hard tonight, and the chill is back in the Adirondack air. Our first priority will be re-surfacing the East Side and some of the other trails we've had open, but look for new terrain coming soon too, as the North Side has huge piles already in place. We anticipate a very quick recovery to last weekend's yuck, please stay tuned.
1 ... 3456789 ... 18