classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
354 messages Options
1 ... 1415161718
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

Spongeworthy
BRQ and Top Ridge lifts not working today (electrical problems?) Too bad, because conditions and weather the last two days have been close to perfect. Not a lot of "open" trails actually opened each day until 1:00 or later. But when they did, they were great.

The plan to operate only weekends after tomorrow couldn't come at a worse time.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
From the snow report for Friday....

"Please note that we are open daily through Sunday, April 6, closed on Monday & Tuesday, April 7-8, and open Wednesday-Sunday, April 9-13.  Check back here for our schedule after 4/13!"

Better than expected IMO. No topridge today? They have it listed as open for tomorrow. I am skiing one way or the other. Did they open the north side instead? Any glades in play?
Reply | Threaded
|

Raymo40
North side was open yesterday. Everything skied great. Go get it.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
I left just after 1:30 today and they still hadn't opened Rumor or Lies. All groomed trails up top skied nice but I ended up doing laps on Topridge because I liked the skier's left where they didn't groom.  If it warms up the whole mountain will ski well.  The ice fall in some sections of the woods would make it virtually unskiable...be careful where you wander.  Beach Day sunday from the looks of it
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
sudsnbumps wrote
I left just after 1:30 today and they still hadn't opened Rumor or Lies. All groomed trails up top skied nice but I ended up doing laps on Topridge because I liked the skier's left where they didn't groom.  If it warms up the whole mountain will ski well.  The ice fall in some sections of the woods would make it virtually unskiable...be careful where you wander.  Beach Day sunday from the looks of it
Echo was well worth the hike for the second day in a row
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Darkside Shaman wrote
Echo was well worth the hike for the second day in a row
Nice!

sudsnbumps wrote
Rumor and Lies were still closed at 3:30. The clouds rolled in around 11-12 and seemed to stop things from softening any further. Everything skied well today. Lower half of Topridge, Chatty, and Hullabaloo were my favorites. Amazing how much ice carnage there is in the trees on the summit and on the darkside. Lots of broken branches and some trees cracked in half. I would tread real careful if you duck into the trees. I don't think many of the on the map glades will be in play unless we get some surprise snow this week to cover up the hazards.

Got a tune at the shop this morning. What a HUGE difference some fresh wax makes this time of year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In a word, the weather right now in North Creek is UGLY.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
an optimist would see freshies on the summit tomorrow am...I was looking for that last Sunday too
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
Is gore open monday?
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
"Please note that we are open today, closed on Monday & Tuesday, April 7-8, and open Wednesday-Sunday, April 9-13.  Check back here for our schedule after 4/13!"
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
OMG! 10+++ today...although they could have opened Topridge and Rumor earlier than they did...Just Sayin"
But what a day...we deserved this
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Raymo40
Got to agree with Suds. Today was awesome. I think top ridge was the best of the day. Total fun in the sun.
 Nice to be young.
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
A bluebird day.  Skied the morning.  Great sun was softening things up everywhere, which was necessary.  They must have had some freezing rain or an ice storm earlier in the week as the trees were encased in ice and none of the glades were open today, probably due to tree fall from that ice.  Brown spots are starting to show through in areas, especially around some lift towers, but still plenty of cover and next weekend should still be nice, but we'll see if they can make it to Easter.  The longest lift lines were on the SBQ as Chattiemac seemed to be everyone's favorite in the morning, at least until they dropped the rope on Lies around 11 AM.  Crowds were not significant as parking extended only to D.  BRQ wasn't open at first, but opened later in the morning, though Sagamore is really getting thin, with Echo having better cover.  Crowds were enjoying the sun and warmth on the deck as I left at 1240.  Great day!
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
gebbyfish wrote
A bluebird day.  Skied the morning.  Great sun was softening things up everywhere, which was necessary.  They must have had some freezing rain or an ice storm earlier in the week as the trees were encased in ice and none of the glades were open today, probably due to tree fall from that ice.  Brown spots are starting to show through in areas, especially around some lift towers, but still plenty of cover and next weekend should still be nice, but we'll see if they can make it to Easter.  The longest lift lines were on the SBQ as Chattiemac seemed to be everyone's favorite in the morning, at least until they dropped the rope on Lies around 11 AM.  Crowds were not significant as parking extended only to D.  BRQ wasn't open at first, but opened later in the morning, though Sagamore is really getting thin, with Echo having better cover.  Crowds were enjoying the sun and warmth on the deck as I left at 1240.  Great day!
I didn't get out until around 1:30 yesterday. I spent most of the day over on BRQ doing laps on Sagamore since it was the last day for the BRQ. I kept thinking about going up top, but I couldn't pull myself away. Nice floaty corn everywhere with some bumps on the bottom. I actually thought the cover on Sagamore was really good. It is the first weekend in April after all. Echo was even better. I think they could probably stretch another weekend out of BR. Did one run down Sleeping Bear. Still looks like enough snow in Tawahus glades. Wonder what the odds are for any trees to open down the stretch. Hope we get sunny skies again next weekend. It was so nice having a beer on the deck at the end of the day.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
BRQ could definitely go another week if they wanted to. I am hearing that they are trying to be open in some capacity (Gondola-Summit-TR3) for White Water Derby Weekend (5.3.2014). That would be SICK.  
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
BRQ could definitely go another week if they wanted to. I am hearing that they are trying to be open in some capacity (Gondola-Summit-TR3) for White Water Derby Weekend (5.3.2014). That would be SICK.
Did Gore slip some juice into your beer yesterday?
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
All that sunshine went right to my head.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Took a while for the sun to come out of the clouds and soften things up today and the wind howled all day, but once things came around it was a blast today!

And just for the record, I spoke to Jimmy's friend the Janitor today, and Lift 1 (aka ADK  EXP) will start to be dismantled on or about May 1. The replacement lift will be a HSQ very similar to BRQ.

Also, there is big news regarding glade expansion as it looks like they have finally given up on the ridiculous fence and have realized that with proper signage, they have no more worries than with other areas around the perimeter of the mt.

That is all for today
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Darkside Shaman wrote
That is all for today
WOW. That's a whole lotta juiciness for one post. I feel like its going to explode and disappear in 10 seconds.

Think ADK express will run again this year or is she done?
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
was a blast slicing all the corn blasting the piles. everything ended up skiing great, topridges rain/sun groomed surfaced was ripping . rumor ,lies bumpalicous .
Darkside Shaman wrote
Also, there is big news regarding glade expansion as it looks like they have finally given up on the ridiculous fence and have realized that with proper signage, they have no more worries than with other areas around the perimeter of the mt.
was referred to as a "project", sounded like it was met with high approval 
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
1 ... 1415161718