547 messages Options
1 ... 14151617181920 ... 28
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

Darkside Shaman
K man wrote
High Peaks lift isn't broken.  Spun it a couple weeks ago to test. it will happen.
Correction: was broke, now fixed
Blowing to commence on Hullabaloo and Lower Darby tonight. Skied them both last week, good cover already, so may see them open this weekend.

Also, per the janitor, Pine Knot has not been active as the notion is Uncas is providing access to summit as will lift 6.

Stay tuned
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
🙏🏿 shamen says 🙏🏿
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
That's weird.  That run has always been the main way to the summit.  I can't imagine that they want to direct more people toward an old slow double that doesn't necessarily always work right.  I wonder if it'll ever get any attention this year.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
Darkside Shaman wrote
Correction: was broke, now fixed
If it is broke, if you give throw it some money it won't be broke anymore.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Eventually it's more cost effective to replace than to keep pouring money into the damn thing.  I think that lift has crossed that line at least 5 years ago.  
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
snoloco wrote
Eventually it's more cost effective to replace than to keep pouring money into the damn thing.
I'm starting to feel this way about my car.

Will be up at Gore Saturday and Sunday. Looking forward to skiing some of my favorite Darkside trails.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Ok, Rumor was groomed from goatpath down last night and skied very nice, albeit for the heinous entry. They were setting up guns on top of the headwall so it seems that the plan is to blow more on it before the headwall is groomed, and hopefully tomorrow it will ski top to bottom.
Lies was also groomed again last night, and like Rumor was very nice, again albeit for the mirror like surface over and around the headwall.
Guns were blasting on the Darkside, and look for the Chair 2 (Sleeping Bear), Chair 11 (Echo) tomorrow, and Chair 6 either tomorrow or Sunday. The lines are charged at The Ski Bowl for Oak Ridge, but it's gonna be a squeaker weather wise as to if they get to it.
Rest of the joint was pretty damn firm, so do yourself a favor and throw an edge on, and good luck out there
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
 Awesome Shaman.  Looks like 6 will spin with Hullabaloo open
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
K man wrote
 Awesome Shaman.  Looks like 6 will spin with Hullabaloo open
Thanks Shaman for an actual update on conditions. Sounds like it should be a great weekend. It will be fun to ski some "new" terrain.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Hey is it still snowing up there?  It killed me to leave at 11:30 and it was snowing pretty good but hadn't softened up anything yet.  Rumor was really cool (odd ).  When I skied it it was soft edgeable courdoroy...I don't think I had ever experienced that before.  Looks like alot more will open this weekend.  They were blowing Sagamore
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Snowing lightly here a few miles NW? at 1900. Did seem to pick up as I came up thought so who knows at 3000.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Wow Gore was good.  Peeling slices on several headwalls. Great seeing everyone too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
Not a condition report but could be interesting.

Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
^Yep. Should be cool. We'll be there--kids are looking forward to it. They're becoming interested, experienced, and knowledgeable in all things Gore. Was just trying to explain to them last week how a rope tow works because they've never seen one....

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Hudsonhiker
That is cool SIAWOL.

I would love to see that, but will miss. Wish they would show it again during the holiday.
Reply | Threaded
|

BMurph
Anyone ski at Gore today? How was it? Thinking about going tomorrow.
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
In reply to this post by SIAWOL
Take them to Dynamite in Chestertown, hands on knowledge.
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
BRLKED wrote
Take them to Dynamite in Chestertown, hands on knowledge.
Was it open this season, the Dinamite Hill?
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
Up to last weekend, still a lot of snow , may firm up a bit!
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Petronio
The rain did some damage this week. Much of the mountain is pretty icy. Uncas was very slick, as was anything steep at the summit (Lies & Hawkeye headwalls). Lies was taking some people out... Hawkeye and Chatimac were OK. Rumor closed. Guns were going on Top Ridge. Lower mountain had a lot of dirt or solid ice patches. I have messed my skis up way worse this year skiing the gravel in the trails than in years where we can ski in the woods. Quicksilver was closed (w/ snowmaking going). I think Wild Air was closed. I heard Twister was the best lower mountain trail yesterday, but that was closed for racing. Brown spots starting to come out in the Arena.

Freeze your underwear, burn some skis, do a snow dance, whatever it takes. We need snow in a BIG way.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
1 ... 14151617181920 ... 28