classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
547 messages Options
1 ... 232425262728
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

ka2kci
Gore skied well today.  The temps never reached above 36 degrees but with full sun the mountain skied well.  It wasn't warm enough for Rumor to soften up but Lies was pretty good as was Hawkeye and Chatty.  They will be open every day until Easter and then may go to weekends only for the rest of the year.  They still have plenty of snow.  Be sure to check and see when they are open before you go after next Sunday.
Matt
Reply | Threaded
|

Capdistski
Had a good half day at Gore.  Everything open up top was decent, especially lower half of Chati, as others have noted but the surprise of my day was Twister.  Skiied it on what I thought would be my last run but it was so good I did three more!  Didn't even touch Showcase - looked pretty bad from the lift.  Sunway to Qucksilver was also pretty good.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by ka2kci
ka2kci wrote
Gore skied well today.  The temps never reached above 36 degrees but with full sun the mountain skied well.  It wasn't warm enough for Rumor to soften up but Lies was pretty good as was Hawkeye and Chatty.  
Lots of fun! Plus beers and burgers on the deck
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gorefarmhouse
AM amazing!  First tracks down today.   Don't know where they keep getting the snow, but god bless 'em!  Probably the best conditions I skied on all season, much better than yesterday.  (were those your burgers smoking out the entire deck at raffle time?  Thought someone was sending smoke signals up to the summit).
 Clear skies low humidity and perfect temps make the sightseeing amazing as well  Bonus day for sure!  Will hit it up tomorrow AM as well and I pray for everything to be exactly the same!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Gorefarmhouse wrote
Don't know where they keep getting the snow, but god bless 'em!
Shout out to Gore Mountain for farming Topridge, to keep Tannery, and lift service to the summit, going.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Gorefarmhouse
Another amazing AM.  Dragged the little girls (11,13) out of bed.  It took some doing, for those you with teenagers you can attest.  Didn't even TRY to move the 17 year-old.  
Couple hours of wide open trails, beautiful sunshine and gorgeous snow.  Packing up the older one said, "That was FUN!!!"
One Glad Dad :-)
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I always get up early to ski and I'm 17.  It's not easy, but I force it and it's ways worth it in the end.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
In reply to this post by Gorefarmhouse
+1

Great day today. This may sound strange, but there is lots of brown and lots of snow.  Most open terrain has pretty good cover. They should be able to make the first weekend of april, i think. Tommorow is likely my last day :(.

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
TomCat wrote
+1

Great day today. This may sound strange, but there is lots of brown and lots of snow.  Most open terrain has pretty good cover. They should be able to make the first weekend of april....
+1,000

TomCat wrote
 Tommorow is likely my last day :(.

Tom
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
Snow was nice again today. Fog at the summit started working its was down late morning. Even lower mountain was foggy after lunch.

Patroller i talked with thought they would may close mid week, after easter with the intent of getting one more weekend.

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Looks like it's going to be great on Saturday, pushing 50 with sun after lows in the 20's and some snow this week.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Looks like maybe Rumor really is done for the season?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hey Mike wrote
Looks like maybe Rumor really is done for the season?
"I'd bet with warm weekend she has a few runs left in her.
We will if we can."
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Uncas
Just skied Lies and its not bad snow-wise
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
All systems go on Rumor for tomorrow. Brownski you hanging out for one more day?
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Fraid not. Today was my day
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Looks like the lower mountain is done after this weekend.  Maybe April 2/3 with gondola downloading is a possibility if the upper mountain is doing better.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gorefarmhouse
Skied this afternoon.  Lots of water skiing.  Twister was in great shape and fun.  Quicksilver was a wet mess at the top by the end of the day.  Topside, what I skied was fun.  
Was playing tour guide so wasn't able to ski everything up there, but lots of smiling faces.  
Looking forward to my final day tomorrow (day 52).  
The big question is will it get cold enough tonight to groom some of this stuff.  If so tomorrow will be a BLAST!!! If not . . . . .
1 ... 232425262728