classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
669 messages Options
1 ... 31323334
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

sudsnbumps
+1  Thank you all! and Thanks for the warning.  Although Darkside Glade was awesome Lies was my favorite today.  The bumps are closer together than Rumor.  Ski you tomorrow!
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
Awesome spring day yesterday. Doesn't get much better. Glad to close out my Gore season on a high note.

Until next season....

Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
I don't know what happened on mountain today, but as for yesterday, wow, the day went on, the snow on the top of the mountain turned into a fantastic NY Sweet Corn harvest.

Rumor skied great, Lies skied great, as noted, everything was really stellar.  Open Pit, probably the best turns on it I've had in year.

Corn Harvest
Harvesting Fresh NY Spring Corn on Rumor Head Wall

High Peaks
Last View of the High Peaks for the 2018 - 2019 Season

We're back home for now, but the season isn't over yet......Whiteface???......and of course the Superstar Glacier!

(FYI Kton gives Gore pass holders a discount once Gore is closed for the season.)
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Today was great...sorry I didn't know it was Newman's birthday...Hope it was a great one, the skiing had to be.  I think the saddest part of today(not the part of being the last day) is we couldn't get to the goods on the darkside.  Rumor and Lies were really good today but I never skied Open Pit or Chati yesterday and they were perhaps better, earlier at least, because some things needed to soften early.  I liked the closer bumps on Lies to the spaced out Rumor but more people skied Rumor early so that was the better of the two today.  I really liked Open Pit the best today until a Shaman spoke to me and told me to go to the Top of a Ridge, what a cool way to shut down my Gore (lift served) season.  There is so much snow still up there I will be hiking it in the not too distant further.  Thank you Gore for a great season...In the off season please learn your new snowmaking technology and clear that blowdown in Skibowl Glades...I wonder if that sold any more Ski Bowl Village propertiesI would help with the latter...Come on Whiteface One More Week!
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
Looks like an expansion to the Reservoir?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
DY-NO-MITE!

Mike!  How the hell are ya?
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
In reply to this post by MikePom
MikePom wrote
Looks like an expansion to the Reservoir?
Yes Mike, I was up there today and they were blasting while I was up there, zoom in on the rubber mats. More water=more snow..hopefully!!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator

Mike... when does the new thread start?
1 ... 31323334