classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
669 messages Options
1 ... 3031323334
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

Kleetus
Heading to Sugarbush and MRG for the weekend to burn up the last of my vouchers but bet Gore will be great tomorrow and Sunday. Enjoy it!

If Rumor is still open next weekend and there are soft turns to be had I'll be back for one last hurrah before I go to Squaw/Alpine to end my season the weekend of the 20th while out there for work. Have a week long Hawaii work trip after that...which unless I get some turns on the Superstar Glacier in May will be the end of my season.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Trees are pretty decent at the top.  Still no sun.

Go suds go!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
Not bad up top for the challenge,saw ya Harv lappin Straightbrook. Saw suds make great recovery under the Straightbrook. Don’t come to bottom unless your done.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Shout out Gunny to you and yours!

Not at all what I expected but a sweet day. Dark Side, Tahawas, MacIntire, BBA. Neve was ALL OVER IT. So psyched.

I thought that the grabbiness actually made some of the trees more skiable.

Sun finally came out around 3.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
I agree wasn't trying to sound ungrateful. Dark Side is like the soul of Gore.

Bone told me she turned 52 years old, two weeks ago.

I have said it before, I will be sad when it is no longer a double.
I will be happy when it goes back up to the top.  It has been over 25 years of the current shortened version. Another long, loooooooooong, ORDA FU to the skiing public.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
I think recovery might be my middle name...weebles wobble but they don't full down(too much)...apparently I need a new outfit.  Today was so much fun and thank you ski patrol for not roping straightbrook glades at the end of the day.  I left the summit after the challenge then came back.  Rumor and Straightbrook Glades were all I really needed today
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Today was firm and fast up top and pretty nice down low, as I did a mid morning recon for any damage from the last 2 days of rain and warm temps.
My advice, based on the temps for Friday and Saturday, is come and get it now kids, as it looks like there is a fat lady scheduled to sing on the deck this Saturday, which by the way would be the first live music scheduled outside at Gore in many a moon
But what a great season it was
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
Planning to make it up Sat for my last east coast turns of the season. Then the finale in Tahoe next weekend while im out there for work.

Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
Skied Gore yesterday too (9:30-3). Did most laps on Twister which were fun being firm early and then sweet corn later. Went to High peaks chair after noon and it was good and still firm. Saw three ski poles in different places under the Topridge lift if anyone is missing one. It would have been nice if they opened the North Quad as conditions in there should have been good. Sun never really came out till later which helped the corn on lower mountain from overcooking. Pretty much had the mountain to ourselves after 2. Thanks Gore the fun skiing.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Kleetus
Kleetus wrote
Planning to make it up Sat for my last east coast turns of the season. Then the finale in Tahoe next weekend while im out there for work.
Let us know how Tahoe is. I'm heading out at the end of May for my brother's wedding and bringing my skis.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by tirolski
Holy S--- today was good. Rumor was the pick of the day, along with other roped off goodness.

It's going fast, so get up there are enjoy it!
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Hey, there are a bunch of "No Dogs Allowed" signs all over the Gore Base. Is that policy strictly enforced? Killington was kind of a dick about it last Saturday, shame to see Gore going down the same path.

Lazlo gave my dog pets on the deck and asked if he wanted to ride the lift - small ski areas still have their advantages.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote

Lazlo gave my dog pets on the deck and asked if he wanted to ride the lift - small ski areas still have their advantages.
At Smuggs our house dog, Tundra, would ride the lift with us all the time. She loved milk run!
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Kleetus wrote
Let us know how Tahoe is. I'm heading out at the end of May for my brother's wedding and bringing my skis.
Will do! Did the same thing around this time last year and did Heavenly, Squaw, and Alpine and it was great...with wayyyyyy less base depth then they have now. Should be even better this go around.

On a bluebird day, the views out there are pretty incredible. Especially from Heavenly seeing the desert on the Nevada side, and Tahoe on the other.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
This post was updated on .
Conditions pretty good today specially when the sun came out in the afternoon! Sunday is definitely the last day it may be a miracle if we make it there with the warm temps and rain but come and get it kids now’s the time!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
I will both days.  My patio drinking will be limited tomorrow but Sunday I will stay until the rain washes away my tears
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
You da man Suds.

Sadly no Gore for me this weekend.  Have a great time and post a pic or two for the old man.  All of yaz.

I will say this, I skied more very with suds this year then the rest of my whole career!

Thanks man.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
Today's our closer........this seasons bucket list item.....Monoski over the Rumor headwall....gonna happen today.

Its clearing, I see blue skies mixed with clouds here in Johnsburg...forecast 4:00 PM partly cloudy and 60 degrees.  

Boot bag transforming into beer bag.

Reply | Threaded
|

greyMoose
In reply to this post by Kleetus
Kleetus wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Kleetus wrote
Will do! Did the same thing around this time last year and did Heavenly, Squaw, and Alpine and it was great...with wayyyyyy less base depth then they have now. Should be even better this go around.

On a bluebird day, the views out there are pretty incredible. Especially from Heavenly seeing the desert on the Nevada side, and Tahoe on the other.
I don't want to hijack the Gore board but I just got back from 2 days at Heavenly.  Had a great time and there is a TON of snow out there.  I'll try to put together a TR complete with pictures...
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Another stellar spring skiing day on the hill and everything, and I mean everything that I skied, including many glades, open trails, and a few closed trails were mighty nice!!!
Unfortunately, the Old Girl Lift 6 had a hiccup this afternoon which caused it to only have a slow, and yeah I mean really slow, glitch which cannot be fixed. No worries, at least it got us this far!! She's going to get a drive unit changeover this summer, so she will be back again next year!

Just want to say a huuuge shoutout to ALL of the Gore employees, especially all the lifties, lift mechanics, electricians, snow makers, groomers, patrol, centerplate, and of course the gang at the shop, thank you all for another great year at Gore Mt, my home!
Gotta go to know
1 ... 3031323334